media-libs/mesa with USE="zink" does nothing
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cruslan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 6:54 pm    Post subject: media-libs/mesa with USE="zink" does nothing Reply with quote

Hello, portage(emerge) does nothing about added USE flag. I've added zink USE flag to both /etc/portage/make.conf and /etc/portage/package.use/usepackage(in my machine) files. But when trying recompiling zink USE flag stays blue or disabled. How i can enable zink or what can cause the issue?

/etc/portage/make.conf;
Code:
USE="abi_x86_32 abi_x86_64 X wayland egl dbus pulseaudio pipewire vaapi vdpau systemd firewalld unicode bash-completion policykit hip networkmanager zink -cuda -nvenc -qsv -ufw -handbook -telemetry -kwallet"

/etc/portage/package.use/usepackage;
Code:
media-libs/mesa abi_x86_32 X gles2 llvm proprietary-codecs vaapi vdpau vulkan wayland opencl zstd zink

Code:

cruslan@gentoo ~ $ sudo emerge mesa

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
Dependency resolution took 1.89 s (backtrack: 0/20).

[ebuild   R    ] media-libs/mesa-24.0.7::gentoo  USE="X gles2 llvm opencl (opengl) proprietary-codecs vaapi vdpau vulkan wayland zstd -d3d9 -debug -gles1 -lm-sensors -osmesa (-selinux) -test -unwind -valgrind -vulkan-overlay -xa (-zink)" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" CPU_FLAGS_X86="sse2" LLVM_SLOT="17 -15 -16" VIDEO_CARDS="radeonsi -d3d12 (-freedreno) -intel -lavapipe (-lima) -nouveau (-panfrost) -r300 -r600 -radeon (-v3d) (-vc4) -virgl (-vivante) -vmware" 0 KiB

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 KiB

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No]
grknight
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

profiles/default/linux/package.use.mask-# Matt Turner <mattst88@gentoo.org> (2024-01-29)
profiles/default/linux/package.use.mask-# Causes various issues. See bugs #919858, #923054
profiles/default/linux/package.use.mask:media-libs/mesa zink

If you want to accept any issues with zink, then negate the entry in /etc/portage/profile/package.use.mask
Cruslan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grknight wrote:
profiles/default/linux/package.use.mask-# Matt Turner <mattst88@gentoo.org> (2024-01-29)
profiles/default/linux/package.use.mask-# Causes various issues. See bugs #919858, #923054

Thanks for answering. I've commented it from /var/db/repos/gentoo/profiles/default/linux/package.use.mask. Now i can compile with zink without issue. I am aware of that can cause problems and instabilites. Thanks again.
freke
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cruslan wrote:
grknight wrote:

Thanks for answering. I've commented it from /var/db/repos/gentoo/profiles/default/linux/package.use.mask. Now i can compile with zink without issue. I am aware of that can cause problems and instabilites. Thanks again.

That'll be negated/reversed with next emerge --sync - the proper way to do it would be as grknight proposed.
Cruslan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freke wrote:
Cruslan wrote:
grknight wrote:

That'll be negated/reversed with next emerge --sync - the proper way to do it would be as grknight proposed.

I see, thanks too you. I'll take note that.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: