View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecko
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:29 pm    Post subject: [solved] KDE interprocess communication eats all CPU Reply with quote

I updated my system (I had an uptime of 9 days) and when I rebooted, I encountered a problem with KDE applications. When performing inter-process call, it takes the X.org process to 100%, a set of programs that also write to X go to high values as well (tilda, conky), and then the solution is to restart X.

It happens in dolphin (or konqueror) when clicking on a file that will open with kwrite, okular, gwenview, kolourpaint; but not if the file is opened with a non-KDE application (scite, mupdf, gimp). It also happens when following an embedded link in a pdf opened in okular. I can open the same applications from the command line or by a call from a non-KDE application (e.g. zim), the problem only happens if the call is performed by a KDE application.

What should be my starting point to find the problem? I did not update dbus or kde-frameworks lately. Would it be helpful to use strace or gdb?

Last edited by ecko on Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
ecko
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be caused by conky (I use fluxbox). Now I have to understand why this happens.
ecko
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solved in more recent versions. Workaround: renaming conky-1.19.8.ebuild into 1.20.1.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: