Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Question about bugzilla (how to reopen a bug)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plus!
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:27 pm    Post subject: Question about bugzilla (how to reopen a bug) Reply with quote

Similar to this one: how to reopen a bug

The bug report, which I am interested in, has status RESOLVED FIXED.
I am suspecting that the commits related to the bug report result in another issue; thus, I have added a new comment describing the problem.
The CC List of the bug report contains only my email, so I am not sure if the folks who have fixed the bug are properly notified.
Should I open a new bug report or wait for some activity in the existing one?
Hu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to recall that when posting a comment, Bugzilla would tell you who it mailed, and it would at least consider automatically mailing the assignee (subject to that person's Bugzilla account preferences). This may have been changed since last I looked.
Genone
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally, if you encounter a new problem you should open a new bug. If you assume that the problem was caused by the resolution of another bug just mention that in the description (referencing the bug id or just include a link to it, and/or include the commit IDs you suspect). Bugzilla (like most issue-trackers) explicitly supports cross-references where one bug is caused by or otherwise related to another.

Reopening bugs should only be done when either a) the reporter disagrees with the resolution and can provide a good reason or b) a fix isn't fully solving the reported problem. Adding new problems to an existing bug just makes it harder to properly track things.
Plus!
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
I seem to recall that when posting a comment, Bugzilla would tell you who it mailed, and it would at least consider automatically mailing the assignee (subject to that person's Bugzilla account preferences). This may have been changed since last I looked.

The current assignee is OpenRC Team.
Genone wrote:
Generally, if you encounter a new problem you should open a new bug.

Thanks. That makes sense to me. Gonna wait for a week or so and submit a new bug report.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: