Syncthing database too small?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alecStewart1
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:12 am    Post subject: Syncthing database too small? Reply with quote

Hey guys, so I ran into this issue with sync thing where it refuses to sync on my Gentoo PC...seemingly because the database ran out of space?

Code:

Global State     191   40   ~3.27 MiB
 Local State    
 188   41   ~3.27 MiB
 Out of Sync Items    12 items, ~77 KiB
 Failed Items    12 items

At one point it gave the "insufficient space on disk for database (/config/index-v0.14.0.db)" error...but when I look at my root partition with df, I still have a good amount of space

Code:

/dev/nvme0n1p3  924G  724G  198G  79% /

Granted I could free up some more space, but I don't know why I'm getting the "insufficient space on disk" error. Especially considering the files I'm syncing are Org files which the overwhelming majority aren't even a megbyte in size.

Can I give the database more space somehow?
gabrielbo954
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there!

It looks like you've got plenty of space left, so that error about running out of space can be confusing. This might not be about how much total disk space you have, but more about something specific with Syncthing's database setup.

A couple of things you might want to check out:

- Sometimes it's not about the space but the number of inodes. You can check this with df -i. If it's full, you might need to delete some stuff.
- Make sure the database directory (/config/index-v0.14.0.db) is actually on your root partition where you have all that space. If it’s somewhere else that’s full, that could be causing your problem.
- You might need to bump up the limit on how big Syncthing’s database can get. You can find this in the advanced settings.
- If you're up for it, try stopping Syncthing, delete the index files in the db folder, and then start it up again. It'll recreate the database, which could take some time but might solve your problem.
- Run a fsck to check for filesystem issues, just in case that’s part of the problem.
- Also, peek into the logs to see if there's anything else that stands out.

If none of this works, could you drop the outputs of df -h and df -i here? Plus any weird stuff from the logs might help too.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: