[Solved] sagemath-standard won't emerge
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:08 am    Post subject: [Solved] sagemath-standard won't emerge Reply with quote

Hello all,

So I just did the profile update. I unmerged sagemath-standard prior to my profile update because it's a bit of a buggy package and its huge, so I didn't want the upgrade to crap out in the middle of the emerge.

Anyway, I tried to emerge sage now and I get

emerge -av sagemath-starndard:

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=dev-util/meson-1.1.0"

So I guess it is trying to pull in a package that doesn't exist? There is a package dev-build/meson which is installed already. Thanks

Last edited by juniper on Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
CaptainBlood
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been hit the same in a process a while ago with very same issue.

since dev-util/meson is now dev-build/meson, a rename is required.

Can't recall where that constrain was originated from...

Investigating....
Code:
grep -r dev-util/meson /var/db/repos/*

Are all external repositories rsynced?

Thks 4 ur attention, interest & support.
CaptainBlood
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
[I] sci-mathematics/sagemath-standard [1]
     Available versions:  (~)10.3^mt ~9999^mt {X debug +doc +jmol latex test}
     Installed versions:  10.3^mt(13:19:57 24/03/2024)(jmol -X -debug -doc -latex -test PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_11 -python3_10 -python3_12")

Your output should allow to identify the culprit.

CaptainBlood
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotted but likely out of context...
Code:
diff /var/db/repos/tezeta/media-sound/helvum/helvum-9999.ebuild /var/db/repos/local/media-sound/helvum/helvum-9999.ebuild
1c1
< # Copyright 2022 Gentoo Authors
---
> # Copyright 2022-2024 Gentoo Authors
21c21
<       dev-util/meson
---
>       dev-build/meson
Hu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The suggestion from CaptainBlood looks likely to me, particularly since there are no Sage packages in ::gentoo, so you must be using some external repository to get Sage. If you still need help, then please show us the full output of the error.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Hu: yes, sage is external.

@Captain:

I think I found the culprit but need help fixing it.

grep -r dev-util/meson /var/db/repos/*:

/var/db/repos/gentoo/profiles/updates/1Q-2024:move dev-util/meson-format-array dev-build/meson-format-array

/var/db/repos/gentoo/profiles/updates/1Q-2024:move dev-util/meson dev-build/meson

/var/db/repos/local/metadata/md5-cache/dev-python/numpy-1.25.2:BDEPEND=lapack? ( >=virtual/cblas-3.8 >=virtual/lapack-3.8 ) >=dev-util/meson-1.1.0 >=dev-python/cython-0.29.30[python_targets_pypy3(-)?,python_targets_python3_10(-)?,python_targets_python3_11(-)?,python_targets_python3_12(-)?] lapack? ( virtual/pkgconfig ) test? ( python_targets_python3_10? ( >=dev-python/cffi-1.14.0[python_targets_python3_10(-)?,python_targets_python3_11(-)?,python_targets_python3_12(-)?] ) python_targets_python3_11? ( >=dev-python/cffi-1.14.0[python_targets_python3_10(-)?,python_targets_python3_11(-)?,python_targets_python3_12(-)?] ) python_targets_python3_12? ( >=dev-python/cffi-1.14.0[python_targets_python3_10(-)?,python_targets_python3_11(-)?,python_targets_python3_12(-)?] ) dev-python/charset-normalizer[python_targets_pypy3(-)?,python_targets_python3_10(-)?,python_targets_python3_11(-)?,python_targets_python3_12(-)?] >=dev-python/hypothesis-5.8.0[python_targets_pypy3(-)?,python_targets_python3_10(-)?,python_targets_python3_11(-)?,python_targets_python3_12(-)?] dev-python/pytest-xdist[python_targets_pypy3(-)?,python_targets_python3_10(-)?,python_targets_python3_11(-)?,python_targets_python3_12(-)?] >=dev-python/pytz-2019.3[python_targets_pypy3(-)?,python_targets_python3_10(-)?,python_targets_python3_11(-)?,python_targets_python3_12(-)?] ) test? ( lapack? ( >=virtual/cblas-3.8 >=virtual/lapack-3.8 ) >=dev-python/pytest-7.3.1[python_targets_pypy3(-)?,python_targets_python3_10(-)?,python_targets_python3_11(-)?,python_targets_python3_12(-)?] ) python_targets_pypy3? ( dev-python/pypy3:=[threads(+)] ) python_targets_python3_10? ( dev-lang/python:3.10[threads(+)] ) python_targets_python3_11? ( dev-lang/python:3.11[threads(+)] ) python_targets_python3_12? ( dev-lang/python:3.12[threads(+)] ) >=dev-python/gpep517-15[python_targets_pypy3(-)?,python_targets_python3_10(-)?,python_targets_python3_11(-)?,python_targets_python3_12(-)?] >=dev-python/meson-python-0.13.1[python_targets_pypy3(-)?,python_targets_python3_10(-)?,python_targets_python3_11(-)?,python_targets_python3_12(-)?] lapack? ( virtual/fortran )
/var/db/repos/local/dev-python/numpy/numpy-1.25.2.ebuild:   >=dev-util/meson-1.1.0

ok. So the culprit is numpy in the local repository. I don't really remember setting this up, but I probably did. now

eix -s numpy:

* dev-python/numpy
     Available versions:  [m]1.25.2^t[1] [m]1.26.1^t [m]1.26.2^t [m]1.26.3^t [m]1.26.4^t [m]**2.0.0_beta1^t [m]**2.0.0_rc1^t {debug (+)lapack test PYTHON_TARGETS="pypy3 python3_10 python3_11 python3_12"}
     Homepage:            https://numpy.org/ https://github.com/numpy/numpy/ https://pypi.org/project/numpy/
     Description:         Fast array and numerical python library

* dev-python/numpydoc
     Available versions:  1.6.0^t ~1.7.0^t {test PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_10 python3_11 python3_12"}
     Homepage:            https://numpydoc.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ https://github.com/numpy/numpydoc/ https://pypi.org/project/numpydoc/
     Description:         Sphinx extension to support docstrings in Numpy format

[1] "local" /var/db/repos/local

ok. So 1.25.2 is being pulled in. A few things I don't understand.

1) What does ^t mean?
2) Why is 1.25.2 being pulled in when there are newer numpy packages?
3) I know how to disable a standard repo, but what about a local one? I did a "eselect repository list" and there was only one local entry:

Code:

[197] local @

since there is no * beside it, I thought it wasn't enabled.

In short, I assume disabling this repository might help. Do I just "eselect repository disable local"?

EDIT: Nevermind. I noticed the [m] everywhere and noticed that only the ::local one was unmasked. I unmasked numpy completely and it seems to be working. I haven't emerged quite yet, but there is no error now. emerging as we speak.

EDIT^2: emerged cleanly. Will add solved to the subject.

Thanks for your help peeps, especially the Captain.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, when doing the profile update, I recommend unmerging sage first. Sage is a pig with 250 or so packages. When doing an emerge --emptytree you may have to start from scratch if it fails, and the odd that it fails on sage is reasonably high (if the odds are the same per package, and I have ~1600 packages, the failing on sage will happen out every 1/6 time).
Hu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
When doing an emerge --emptytree you may have to start from scratch if it fails
Does emerge --resume not work here?
CaptainBlood
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
By the way, when doing the profile update, I recommend unmerging sage first. Sage is a pig with 250 or so packages. When doing an emerge --emptytree you may have to start from scratch if it fails, and the odd that it fails on sage is reasonably high (if the odds are the same per package, and I have ~1600 packages, the failing on sage will happen out every 1/6 time).

You may be right.

I've upgraded sage prior to profile 23.0 migration.
Currently less than a dozen left to achieve the process.
Many are sage related.

So far so good, as long as xz-utils is discarded. Cf Forums

sci-mathematics/sage-doc|-doc-pdf] is required as long as you don't want to unmask texlive-2023.

juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was some downgrade warning about xz-utils. When I emerged world there was an xz-utils downgrade.

Anyway it looks like all emerged fine here.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: