Can't (re)install dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3 :(
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NISMO1968
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:57 pm    Post subject: Can't (re)install dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3 :( Reply with quote

Hey!

I'm trying to (re)install dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3. It was installed by some other package as a dependent package, but the process ended up with an "Invalid instruction" at the very very end, so I decided I want it clean. Not so fast!
Since that time nothing really works... Emerge fails either during compile or (which is totally weird) final "cp" phase. I'm attaching all the logs and corresponding files.

"build.log" is here -> https://jumpshare.com/s/hXkdv0yh0ItNhZLoG4Se

"environment" is here -> https://jmp.sh/a9H2iq8E

"info" is here -> https://jmp.sh/tLYjdJ3K

"pqv" is here -> https://jmp.sh/dRdvYwg5

Q: Is there anything I could do to make it work? I tried many times.

Thanks!

-nismo1968
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Portage & Programming to Gentoo on Alternative Architectures.
Hu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums. Your chosen sharing site appears to be broken. I see no reference to emerge, --info, or python in your document labeled "info". I suspect the site has a problem with Javascript.

Please use a common pastebin site. If your toolchain is functional, app-text/wgetpaste can help you upload the required data.
CaptainBlood
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All links have just shown fine here, maybe things are better now...

Had a few httpS rejected about 4 hours ago.

Thks 4 ur attention, interest & support
NISMO1968
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for getting back to me so fast!

"build.log" is here: https://pastebin.com/XeU68q4a

"environment" is here: https://pastebin.com/2R72msrt

"info" is here: https://pastebin.com/w6dfQbDt

"pqv" is here: https://pastebin.com/GckMRxKa

Hope this worked!

-nismo1968

Hu wrote:
Welcome to the forums. Your chosen sharing site appears to be broken. I see no reference to emerge, --info, or python in your document labeled "info". I suspect the site has a problem with Javascript.

Please use a common pastebin site. If your toolchain is functional, app-text/wgetpaste can help you upload the required data.
Hu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those links work fine. The error appears to be:
build.log:
    "alpha-unknown-linux-gnu-g++"  -ftemplate-depth-1024 -fvisibility-inlines-hidden  -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -mieee -pipe -O2 -mcpu=ev67 -std=c++17 -fPIC -pthread -finline-functions -Wno-inline -Wall -fvisibility=hidden -fno-strict-aliasing -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB=1 -DBOOST_ATOMIC_DYN_LINK=1 -DBOOST_CHRONO_DYN_LINK=1 -DBOOST_COBALT_USE_STD_PMR=1 -DBOOST_FILESYSTEM_DYN_LINK=1 -DBOOST_LOG_BUILDING_THE_LIB=1 -DBOOST_LOG_DLL -DBOOST_LOG_HAS_PTHREAD_MUTEX_ROBUST -DBOOST_LOG_USE_NATIVE_SYSLOG -DBOOST_LOG_WITHOUT_DEBUG_OUTPUT -DBOOST_LOG_WITHOUT_EVENT_LOG -DBOOST_SPIRIT_USE_PHOENIX_V3=1 -DBOOST_THREAD_BUILD_DLL=1 -DBOOST_THREAD_DONT_USE_CHRONO=1 -DBOOST_THREAD_POSIX -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_DLL=1 -DNDEBUG -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS   -I"." -I"libs/log/src"  -c -o "bin.v2/libs/log/build/gcc-13.2/gentoorelease/pch-off/threading-multi/visibility-hidden/text_ostream_backend.o" "libs/log/src/text_ostream_backend.cpp"

In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/alpha-unknown-linux-gnu/13/include/g++-v13/bits/stl_pair.h:60,
                 from /usr/lib/gcc/alpha-unknown-linux-gnu/13/include/g++-v13/bits/stl_algobase.h:64,
                 from /usr/lib/gcc/alpha-unknown-linux-gnu/13/include/g++-v13/vector:62,
                 from libs/log/src/text_ostream_backend.cpp:17:
/usr/lib/gcc/alpha-unknown-linux-gnu/13/include/g++-v13/type_traits:667:20: error: ‘is_null_pointer’ was not declared in this scope
  667 |                    is_null_pointer<_Tp>>::type
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Is there anything odd about your gcc that would cause <type_traits> not to define std::is_null_pointer? For me, on x86_64, that is defined only a little bit above where the rejected usage occurs. Could you pastebin that header?
NISMO1968
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu, I don't think it's the header or anything... See, second attempt I did and all the compile went absolutely fine, the whole thing crashed when it tried to copy .h file from one place to the other. Crashed with "ACCESS DENIED" so I went ahead and copied file myself. No problems. Log is attached below.
Third try and it crashed with "Segmentation fault" just processing the "environment" file.

..and no, this isn't hardware. It's my second machine, original DS10 and my other box is AlphaPC 164LX which has NO shared hardware with this particular one. On that machine which has 512MB and not 2GB of RAM I can't build dev-libs/icu as it randomly crashes there.

I believe it's a software issue with either compiler or something that corrupts memory. It's probably even kernel memory because sometimes I can't reboot the box it hangs doing "Deactivating swap" phase and I have to turn it OFF.

Question: Is there anybody who actually runs Gentoo on Alpha architecture?

< cut here >

cp "/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/work/boost_1_84_0-.alpha/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/has_invalid_coordinate.hpp" "/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/image/usr/include/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/has_invalid_coordinate.hpp"

common.copy /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/image/usr/include/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/has_duplicates.hpp

cp "/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/work/boost_1_84_0-.alpha/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/has_duplicates.hpp" "/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/image/usr/include/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/has_duplicates.hpp"

common.copy /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/image/usr/include/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/debug_validity_phase.hpp

cp "/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/work/boost_1_84_0-.alpha/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/debug_validity_phase.hpp" "/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/image/usr/include/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/debug_validity_phase.hpp"

common.copy /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/image/usr/include/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/debug_print_turns.hpp

cp "/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/work/boost_1_84_0-.alpha/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/debug_print_turns.hpp" "/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/image/usr/include/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/debug_print_turns.hpp"

common.copy /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/image/usr/include/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/debug_complement_graph.hpp

cp "/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/work/boost_1_84_0-.alpha/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/debug_complement_graph.hpp" "/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/image/usr/include/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/debug_complement_graph.hpp"

common.copy /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/image/usr/include/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/complement_graph.hpp

cp "/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/work/boost_1_84_0-.alpha/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/complement_graph.hpp" "/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/image/usr/include/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/complement_graph.hpp"

common.copy /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/image/usr/include/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/box.hpp

cp "/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/work/boost_1_84_0-.alpha/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/box.hpp" "/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/image/usr/include/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/box.hpp"

* ACCESS DENIED: open_wr: /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/image/usr/include/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/box.hpp
cp: cannot create regular file '/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/image/usr/include/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/box.hpp': Permission denied
...failed updating 1 target...
* ERROR: dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3::gentoo failed (install phase):
* Installation of Boost libraries failed
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 136: Called src_install
* environment, line 3287: Called multilib-minimal_src_install
* environment, line 2070: Called multilib_foreach_abi 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_install'
* environment, line 2300: Called multibuild_foreach_variant '_multilib_multibuild_wrapper' 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_install'
* environment, line 1994: Called _multibuild_run '_multilib_multibuild_wrapper' 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_install'
* environment, line 1992: Called _multilib_multibuild_wrapper 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_install'
* environment, line 447: Called multilib-minimal_abi_src_install
* environment, line 2060: Called multilib_src_install
* environment, line 2529: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* ejam --prefix="${ED}"/usr --includedir="${ED}"/usr/include --libdir="${ED}"/usr/$(get_libdir) "${OPTIONS[@]}" install || die "Installation of Boost libraries failed";
* If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3::gentoo'`,
* the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3::gentoo'`.
* The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/temp/environment'.
* Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/work/boost_1_84_0-.alpha'
* S: '/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/work/boost_1_84_0'
* ----------------------- SANDBOX ACCESS VIOLATION SUMMARY -----------------------
* LOG FILE: "/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/temp/sandbox.log"
VERSION 1.0
FORMAT: F - Function called
FORMAT: S - Access Status
FORMAT: P - Path as passed to function
FORMAT: A - Absolute Path (not canonical)
FORMAT: R - Canonical Path
FORMAT: C - Command Line

F: open_wr
S: deny
P: /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/image/usr/include/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/box.hpp
A: /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/image/usr/include/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/box.hpp
R: /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/image/usr/include/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/box.hpp
C: cp /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/work/boost_1_84_0-.alpha/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/box.hpp /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/boost-1.84.0-r3/image/usr/include/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/is_valid/box.hpp
* --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are getting random memory corruption, that needs to be isolated and fixed before you do anything else. I approached this as a simple software bug.
NISMO1968
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, any idea about how to do that? I mean isolate memory corruption? I got two very different Alpha machines and both of them can build something reasonably small, but big emerges fail, guaranteed.

-nismo1968
NISMO1968
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: It turns out it's not hardware... It's rather something I do to build my custom kernels. I booted from LiveCD, chroot-ed to the root partition and I can emerge everything I want with zero probs!
I compared my .config with /proc/config.gz on a LiveCD and the only big difference I see is system type which is "Generic" for LiveCD and DP264 and PC164 I set for my both (very different!) Alpha machines.
I'll try to experiment with the matching kernel builds and tell more about my progress.

Q: Is LiveCD kernels built with EV4 architecture by default? Because I can't find it myself.

Thanks!

-nismo1968
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: