View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Urquelle
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:10 pm    Post subject: libqt5core segfault on new install Reply with quote

Hello,

I came here because after 3 days of troubleshooting, I believe I am out of ideas with this one.

I set up a clear gentoo install with systemd, desktop, plasma profile. I have followed the instructions in the gentoo handbook while installing the system and KDE itself.

The things I changed are the CFLAGS: "lto, O3, march=native" and an additional global USE: "lto, X". Additionally, I unmasked all the testing packages with the ACCEPT_KEYWORDS:"~amd64". This could be the case, but I will have no way of knowing unless I reinstall the entire system again (due to glibc downgrade).

Cutting to the chase, I get SIGSEGV at QObject::thread() in libQt5Core.so while trying to startplasma-x11, and I have no clue why is it so.

I realize this post is very vague, and I will provide any other details / logs when asked, because I do not even know which ones could be useful at this point. Thank you for any clues.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't use lto.
logrusx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O3 and lto, quite a bad combination. Both are known to uncover problems that wouldn't happen otherwise. Ditch both and enable lto only on select packages.

And I'm sorry to tell you that you better start over. Who knows what's been broken by this combination already.

Best Regards,
Georgi
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: