SayonaraPlayer 1.9.0-stable1 does not compile on x86[solved]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lebkoungcity
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:57 pm    Post subject: SayonaraPlayer 1.9.0-stable1 does not compile on x86[solved] Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a more or less old ThinkPad with a Pentium-M as CPU (x86) that I use to play music in my workshop and to browse the web occasionally. On my machines I've been using Sayonara Player as playback software for years, mostly because I love its 'dynamic playback'. The versions up to and including 1.8.0_beta1 emerged perfectly when I saved the ebuild from zugaina in /usr/local/portage. Now, I thought I'd try modifying the ebuild to the latest version (1.9.0-stable1) and see if it works. It worked on my amd64 desktop. But on the x86 ThinkPad the compilation stops with an error. Would someone with more knowledge than I have take a quick look at this and perhaps give some clues as to where this error is pointing?

Thanks a lot!
Andy

Sayonara Player:
https://sayonara-player.com/
https://gpo.zugaina.org/media-sound/sayonara

build.log:
https://bpa.st/PG6A

this is the line with the error:
Code:
[203/565] /usr/bin/i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_DBUS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_SVG_LIB -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB
-DQT_XML_LIB -I/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/sayonara-player-1.9.0-r1/work/sayonara-player-1.9.0-stable1_build/src/Components -I/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/
sayonara-player-1.9.0-r1/work/sayonara-player-1.9.0-stable1/src/Components -I/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/sayonara-player-1.9.0-r1/work/sayonara-player-1.9.
0-stable1_build/src/Components/sayonara_components_autogen/include -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/lib/libffi/include -I/usr/incl
ude/gstreamer-1.0 -I/usr/include/taglib -I/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/sayonara-player-1.9.0-r1/work/sayonara-player-1.9.0-stable1/src -I/var/tmp/portage/me
dia-sound/sayonara-player-1.9.0-r1/work/sayonara-player-1.9.0-stable1_build/src -isystem /usr/include/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtCore -isystem /usr/lib
/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtXml -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtSql -
isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtDBus -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtNetwork -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtSvg  -march=pentium-m -pipe -O2  -Woverloaded-virtual -Wall
-Wunreachable-code -Wextra -Wpedantic -pthread -Wno-old-style-cast -fPIC   -Woverloaded-virtual -Wall -Wunreachable-code -Wextra -Wpedantic -pthread -Wno-ol
d-style-cast -fPIC -std=gnu++17 -fPIC -MD -MT src/Components/CMakeFiles/sayonara_components.dir/Engine/Callbacks.cpp.o -MF src/Components/CMakeFiles/sayonar
a_components.dir/Engine/Callbacks.cpp.o.d -o src/Components/CMakeFiles/sayonara_components.dir/Engine/Callbacks.cpp.o -c /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/sayona
ra-player-1.9.0-r1/work/sayonara-player-1.9.0-stable1/src/Components/Engine/Callbacks.cpp
FAILED: src/Components/CMakeFiles/sayonara_components.dir/Engine/Callbacks.cpp.o

ebuild for 1.9.0-stable1 (absolutely quick and dirty):
Code:
# Copyright 1999-2023 Gentoo Authors
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2

EAPI=8

inherit cmake xdg

MY_PN="${PN}"
MY_PV="${PV/_/-}"
MY_P="${MY_PN}-${MY_PV}"

DESCRIPTION="Small, clear and fast Qt-based audio player"
HOMEPAGE="https://sayonara-player.com"

# ebuild's name was chosen to be '*-r1' instead of '*-stable1' (*-beta1 would work) because of requiered naming scheme, but
# in SRC_URI and(!) in S="${WORKDIR}/${MY_P}" it had to be the 'versioning-string' "-stable1" added,
# see what would happen if that's not done:
# in the first line is what would have to be fetched, in the second line what would be tried to fetch:
#  https://gitlab.com/luciocarreras/sayonara-player/-/archive/1.9.0-stable1/sayonara-player-1.9.0-stable1.tar.bz2
#  https://gitlab.com/luciocarreras/sayonara-player/-/archive/1.9.0/sayonara-player-1.9.0.tar.bz2

SRC_URI="https://gitlab.com/luciocarreras/${MY_PN}/-/archive/${MY_PV}-stable1/${MY_P}-stable1.tar.bz2"

LICENSE="GPL-3+"
SLOT="0"
KEYWORDS="~amd64 ~x86"
IUSE="doc test"
RESTRICT="!test? ( test )"

RDEPEND="dev-qt/qtcore:5
        dev-qt/qtgui:5
        dev-qt/qtdbus:5
        dev-qt/qtnetwork:5
        dev-qt/qtsql:5
        dev-qt/qtsvg:5
        dev-qt/qtwidgets:5
        dev-qt/qtxml:5
        dev-libs/glib:2
        media-libs/taglib
        media-libs/gstreamer:1.0
        media-libs/gst-plugins-bad:1.0
        media-libs/gst-plugins-base:1.0
        media-libs/gst-plugins-good:1.0
        media-plugins/gst-plugins-soundtouch:1.0
        media-libs/libmtp:0=
        sys-libs/zlib:0="
DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
        dev-qt/qtsvg:5
        test? ( dev-qt/qttest:5 )"
BDEPEND="dev-qt/linguist-tools:5
        virtual/pkgconfig
        doc? ( app-doc/doxygen )"

S="${WORKDIR}/${MY_P}-stable1"

src_prepare() {
        # wrt 709450
        sed -i  -e '/execute_process(COMMAND gzip/d' \
                -e '/install(FILES/s/sayonara.1.gz/sayonara.1/' \
                -e '/install(FILES/s/sayonara-ctl.1.gz/sayonara-ctl.1/' \
                -e '/install(FILES/s/sayonara-query.1.gz/sayonara-query.1/' \
                resources/CMakeLists.txt || die "sed failed for resources/CMakeLists.txt"

# Remove failed tests
        sed -i  -e '/new_test(Covers\/CoverLocationTest.cpp)/d' \
                -e '/new_test(Tagging\/CoverTest.cpp  Tagging\/AbstractTaggingTest.cpp)/d' \
                -e '/new_test(Tagging\/EditorTest.cpp)/d' \
                -e '/new_test(Util\/StandardPathTest.cpp)/d' \
                test/CMakeLists.txt || die "sed failed for test/CMakeLists.txt"

# Remove deprecated category
        sed -i '/Categories/s|Application;||' resources/com.sayonara-player.Sayonara.desktop \
                || die "sed failed for com.sayonara-player.Sayonara.desktop"

cmake_src_prepare
}

src_configure() {
        local mycmakeargs=(
                -DWITH_COTIRE="OFF"
                -DWITH_DOC="$(usex doc)"
                -DWITH_TESTS="$(usex test)"
        )
        cmake_src_configure
}

Last edited by Lebkoungcity on Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
GDH-gentoo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bug. Here's the fix, which hasn't made it to a release yet.

You can create a patch from it and have Portage apply it.
As a packager I just don't want things to get messier with weird build systems and multiple toolchains requirements though :)
Lebkoungcity
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GDH-gentoo wrote:
It's a bug. Here's the fix, which hasn't made it to a release yet.

You can create a patch from it and have Portage apply it.

Wow, you're fast! Thanks a lot! I will patch it later. Now I'm ashamed that I searched for clues a few weeks ago and didn't find anything and now I didn't look again before posting this entry... :oops:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: