Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Preferred way of installing KDE Plasma 6?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sam_
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The command is missing from that and stderr looks missing.

But you either need to use the package.accept_keywords files from ::kde's Documentation directory (symlink them into /etc/portage) or just wait.

You can also check emerge -pvc libkworkspace to see what's keeping it on your system but I suspect that it's some package you're missing a keywords entry for.
Perfect Gentleman
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam_ wrote:
Perfect Gentleman wrote:
unmerge libkworkspace

Please don't recommend people unmerge anything.

zolfo, please share the full emerge command (ideally a world upgrade) and output.

don't agree with that.
The simplest way to update from 5 to 6 is to unmerge plasma-meta:5 or plasma-desktop:5, depclean and then install 6.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is completely unnecessary, and doesn't fix polluted world files either.
zolfo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam_ wrote:

which command is missing, "emerge @world -va"? for stderr you mean this https://pastebin.com/4eGe3w4H?

sam_ wrote:
But you either need to use the package.accept_keywords files from ::kde's Documentation directory (symlink them into /etc/portage) or just wait.

I've never done this before, can you please explain how to do it? I always unmask/accept single packages manually.

sam_ wrote:
You can also check emerge -pvc libkworkspace to see what's keeping it on your system but I suspect that it's some package you're missing a keywords entry for.

I had already uninstalled libkworkspace but here's the output anyway:
Code:

$:\ emerge -pvc libkworkspace
--- Couldn't find 'libkworkspace' to depclean.
>>> No packages selected for removal by depclean

Thanks for helping
sam_
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zolfo wrote:
sam_ wrote:

which command is missing, "emerge @world -va"? for stderr you mean this https://pastebin.com/4eGe3w4H?

Your standard world upgrade command should be something like: emerge -a -uvDU @world.

zolfo wrote:

sam_ wrote:

I've never done this before, can you please explain how to do it? I always unmask/accept single packages manually.

You would have to install app-eselect/eselect-repository, then enable the ::kde repository with eselect repository enable kde, then sync it with emaint sync -r kde (it'll work on regular emerge --sync going forward).

Then go to /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords, and symlink /var/db/repos/kde/Documentation/package.accept_keywords/{kde-gear-24.02.keywords,kde-plasma-6.0.keywords,kde-frameworks-6.0.keywords} into there.

Make sure you also followed all the instructions in the Plasma 6 mask at https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/profiles/package.mask#n115 and unmasked that via /etc/portage/profile/package.unmask.

Just please keep in mind that it's still really in flux and being worked on from our end too. If you're not comfortable with the above steps, please just wait a bit longer until it's at least in ~arch in ::gentoo.
zolfo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam_ wrote:
Your standard world upgrade command should be something like: emerge -a -uvDU @world.

You're right, I always use "emerge @world -uDNnva".

sam_ wrote:
You would have to install app-eselect/eselect-repository, then enable...

Done everything as suggested but I still have blocking packages:
Code:

[blocks B      ] kde-plasma/libkworkspace:5 ("kde-plasma/libkworkspace:5" is soft blocking kde-plasma/plasma-workspace-6.0.0)
[blocks B      ] kde-plasma/kpipewire:5 ("kde-plasma/kpipewire:5" is soft blocking kde-plasma/kpipewire-6.0.0)
[blocks B      ] kde-misc/kdeconnect:5 ("kde-misc/kdeconnect:5" is soft blocking kde-misc/kdeconnect-24.02.0)
[blocks B      ] kde-apps/okular:5 ("kde-apps/okular:5" is soft blocking kde-apps/okular-24.02.0)
[blocks B      ] kde-plasma/milou:5 ("kde-plasma/milou:5" is soft blocking kde-plasma/milou-6.0.0)
[blocks B      ] kde-plasma/plasma-workspace:5 ("kde-plasma/plasma-workspace:5" is soft blocking kde-plasma/plasma-workspace-6.0.0)
[blocks B      ] kde-plasma/plasma-integration:5 ("kde-plasma/plasma-integration:5" is soft blocking kde-plasma/plasma-integration-6.0.0)
[blocks B      ] kde-plasma/kwin:5 ("kde-plasma/kwin:5" is soft blocking kde-plasma/kwin-6.0.0)
[blocks B      ] kde-apps/kdegraphics-mobipocket:5 ("kde-apps/kdegraphics-mobipocket:5" is soft blocking kde-apps/kdegraphics-mobipocket-24.02.0)
[blocks B      ] kde-plasma/breeze:5 ("kde-plasma/breeze:5" is soft blocking kde-plasma/breeze-6.0.0)
[blocks B      ] kde-plasma/kscreenlocker:5 ("kde-plasma/kscreenlocker:5" is soft blocking kde-plasma/kscreenlocker-6.0.0)
[blocks B      ] kde-plasma/libkscreen:5 ("kde-plasma/libkscreen:5" is soft blocking kde-plasma/libkscreen-6.0.0)
[blocks B      ] kde-plasma/kactivitymanagerd:5 ("kde-plasma/kactivitymanagerd:5" is soft blocking kde-plasma/kactivitymanagerd-6.0.0)
[blocks B      ] kde-plasma/kdecoration:5 ("kde-plasma/kdecoration:5" is soft blocking kde-plasma/kdecoration-6.0.0)
[blocks B      ] kde-plasma/layer-shell-qt:5 ("kde-plasma/layer-shell-qt:5" is soft blocking kde-plasma/layer-shell-qt-6.0.0)
[blocks B      ] kde-plasma/libksysguard:5 ("kde-plasma/libksysguard:5" is soft blocking kde-plasma/libksysguard-6.0.0)
[blocks B      ] kde-apps/kate-lib:5 ("kde-apps/kate-lib:5" is soft blocking kde-apps/kate-lib-24.02.0)

sam_ wrote:
Make sure you also followed all the instructions in the Plasma 6 mask at https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/profiles/package.mask#n115 and unmasked that via /etc/portage/profile/package.unmask.

Followed the instructions and copy/pasted all the packages inside package.unmask, maybe I'm still missing something to unmask/accept?
sam_
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please share the full output via a pastebin (with stdin+stderr in one), possibly using wgetpaste -ic "emerge -p -uvDU @world".
zolfo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam_ wrote:
Please share the full output via a pastebin (with stdin+stderr in one), possibly using wgetpaste -ic "emerge -p -uvDU @world".

Here you go https://bpa.st/4R2A

Thanks
sam_
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please try emerge --sync (or just emaint sync -r kde) as a fix was pushed not long ago for that.
zolfo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam_ wrote:
Please try emerge --sync (or just emaint sync -r kde) as a fix was pushed not long ago for that.

Already done that but the problem is not solved, still having blocking packages, I'll just revert back to :5 and wait for a ~arch release.
What bothers me is that I'm unable to upgrade while others managed, I feel like I'm missing some basic portage knowledge here.
Thanks
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When in ~arch you are going to face similar issues as the last output you posted contained a missing package.accept_keywords entry.

Portage most of the time gives you suggestions to get around that blocker, reading the output thoroughly.
HealerLFG
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, perhaps a Plasma6 exp/dev profile could help with folks who want to do testing with plasma 6. Granted, portage tells you the things you need to do, but a "cleaner" way to do it could help separate any user-errors from actual bugs in plasma.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: