Resolved: Compilation Issue with net-libs/libproxy-0.5.3
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxim.251
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:25 am    Post subject: Resolved: Compilation Issue with net-libs/libproxy-0.5.3 Reply with quote

Hello Gentoo Community,

I wanted to share a recent issue I encountered and its resolution, as it might be helpful for others facing a similar situation.

Problem:
I was experiencing a problem while trying to compile net-libs/libproxy-0.5.3. The compilation process failed with an error indicating that libssl.so.1.1 was missing. The error message was as follows:

Code:
/var/tmp/portage/net-libs/libproxy-0.5.3/work/libproxy-0.5.3-abi_x86_64.amd64/tmp-introspectfi3hismw/Libproxy-1.0: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Command '['/var/tmp/portage/net-libs/libproxy-0.5.3/work/libproxy-0.5.3-abi_x86_64.amd64/tmp-introspectfi3hismw/Libproxy-1.0', '--introspect-dump=/var/tmp/portage/net-libs/libproxy-0.5.3/work/libproxy-0.5.3-abi_x86_64.amd64/tmp-introspectfi3hismw/functions.txt,/var/tmp/portage/net-libs/libproxy-0.5.3/work/libproxy-0.5.3-abi_x86_64.amd64/tmp-introspectfi3hismw/dump.xml']' returned non-zero exit status 127.

And exact this line
Code:
/var/tmp/portage/net-libs/libproxy-0.5.3/work/libproxy-0.5.3-abi_x86_64.amd64/tmp-introspectfi3hismw/Libproxy-1.0: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Openssl is in version 3 and his libs are libssl-3.0 but libproxy still needed libssl-1.1
Solution:
After some investigation, I found that the issue was due to the Openssl is in version 3 and his libs are libssl-3.0 but libproxy still needed libssl-1.1. However, openssl-1.1 was masked in my Gentoo system. The solution was to install dev-libs/openssl-compat, which provides compatibility with older versions of OpenSSL, including the required libssl.so.1.1 library.

The following steps resolved the issue:

Installed dev-libs/openssl-compat:
Code:
emerge -av dev-libs/openssl-compat

Checked for the presence of libssl.so.1.1:
Code:
find /usr -name 'libssl.so.1.1'

Updated library paths with ldconfig:
Code:

ldconfig

Re-compiled libproxy:
Code:
emerge -av net-libs/libproxy

After these steps, libproxy compiled successfully without any issues.

I hope this information is helpful to anyone who might encounter a similar issue. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need further details.
grknight
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless libproxy is a pre-built binary, this is the wrong answer. We don't know what's going on without the full build.log.

openssl-compat is meant for things that cannot be recompiled. You, and those here can help, should find the real issue if this is compiled.

This is also incorrect as libproxy itself does not depend on openssl at all. This is likely some other issue related to build timing.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: