Mouse and Keyboard issues in virt-manager after GPU change
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TuxSec
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:20 pm    Post subject: Mouse and Keyboard issues in virt-manager after GPU change Reply with quote

Hello,

I recently switched from an Nvidia rtx2080ti to an AMD rx7900xtx, but now I have issues with the mouse and keyboard in KVM/virt-manager. If I start a Linux guest the guest mouse is invisible as long as I stay on the monitor with the vm on it, if I go to the second monitor (gentoo host) and go back to the vm the host mouse is displayed it's like the host mouse is on top of the guest mouse. And the other issue is I can't lock/unlock the keyboard to the guest with ctrl-l+ctrl-r what makes a window manager unusable in a vm, apart from these two issues everything works fine.

I found a couple forum threads that had the same problem as me, and they said to enable EvTouch USB Graphics Tablet in virt-manager or change the controller usb model from 3 to 2, but that is not working for me.
Both of this issues where not present with the nvidia card, the things I changed was obviously the gpu enabling the amdgpu kernel module based on the wiki https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/AMDGPU install the linux-firmware package and replace nvidias driver with mesa.

some system infos:

Kernel: 6.6.7-gentoo
DE: Hyprland 0.33.1 (Wayland)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
GPU: AMD Radeon 7900 XTX
Dual monitor 3840x2160 and 2560x1440

Code:
lspci | grep -i VGA
2f:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Navi 31 [Radeon RX 7900 XT/7900 XTX] (rev c8)

Code:
media-libs/mesa-23.3.1::gentoo was built with the following:
USE="X gles2 llvm proprietary-codecs vaapi vulkan wayland zink zstd -d3d9 -debug -gles1 -lm-sensors -opencl -osmesa -test -unwind -valgrind -vdpau -vulkan-overlay -xa" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" CPU_FLAGS_X86="sse2" VIDEO_CARDS="radeonsi -virgl -d3d12 (-freedreno) -intel -lavapipe (-lima) -nouveau (-panfrost) -r300 -r600 -radeon (-v3d) (-vc4) (-vivante) -vmware"

Code:
sys-kernel/linux-firmware-20231211::gentoo was built with the following:
USE="redistributable -compress-xz -compress-zstd -deduplicate -initramfs -savedconfig (-unknown-license)" ABI_X86="(64)"
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: