ufw failed to start. Extension LOG revision 0 not supported
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qxrd1
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:54 pm    Post subject: ufw failed to start. Extension LOG revision 0 not supported Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to gentoo and have a problem with ufw. When I'm trying to start it with command rc-service ufw start - I receive an error.

Code:
 * Caching service dependencies ...                                                                                                                                                    [ ok ]
 * Starting ufw ...
Warning: Extension LOG revision 0 not supported, missing kernel module?
iptables-restore: line 11 failed

Problem running '/etc/ufw/user.rules'
 * Failed to start ufw.                                                                                                                                                                [ !! ]
 * ERROR: ufw failed to start

Think I must recompile the kernel with some extra flags, but I can't understand which flags exactly. The kernel was compiled with all necessary flags for ufw according to https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Ufw, but still doesn't work. Can you help me?
Hu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums. Since you did not show us your kernel configuration, we can only speculate as to the problem. To provide the best help, we need to see what you are actually using. Please post the output of emerge --pretend --verbose net-firewall/iptables net-firewall/ufw; emerge --info, upload the output of zcat /proc/config.gz to a pastebin, and post here the URL of the resulting paste. You may find app-text/wgetpaste useful to ease the upload.

Also, note that trailing commas are included in a URL when the automatic linking is engaged. I edited your post to fix the link, since there is no Wiki article named Ufw, (but there is a Wiki article named Ufw).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: