Microphone is not detecting any sounds
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bawig1
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:27 am    Post subject: Microphone is not detecting any sounds Reply with quote

[Moderator note: this post, and the responses up through my first response, were originally attached to the solved topic Microphone is not detecting any sounds[solved]. As discussed by logrusx and by me, this post deserves its own thread, so I split it out. This post had no title of its own, so I cloned it from the origin thread. Therefore, it may not be entirely accurate. -Hu]

Hi,

I'm on a Razer Blade 17 RZ09-0423 and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the microphone working. I've done everything in this thread and still no dice. I'm on Alder Lake chipset. I'm not sure what I need to provide to get this going so please let me know what I need to produce here.

This is the mixer I have

https://pasteboard.co/oY1LPlfIunRM.png

also discord detects the sound device

https://pasteboard.co/jzh8sh728rSH.png

I don't think we need a new microphone thread, there are too many on the forums so that is why I'm resurrecting this thread
turtles
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bawig1 wrote:
Hi,

I'm on a Razer Blade 17 RZ09-0423 and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the microphone working. I've done everything in this thread and still no dice. I'm on Alder Lake chipset. I'm not sure what I need to provide to get this going so please let me know what I need to produce here.

This is the mixer I have

https://pasteboard.co/oY1LPlfIunRM.png

also discord detects the sound device

https://pasteboard.co/jzh8sh728rSH.png

I don't think we need a new microphone thread, there are too many on the forums so that is why I'm resurrecting this thread

Are you on openrc or systemd ?
bawig1
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

systemd
logrusx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bawig1 wrote:

Quite the opposite. This is a support forum and you have better chance someone who can help notices a new thread. And to be honest it doesn't feel compelling to go through 2 pages of old posts just to see what you've tried.

bawig1 wrote:
I've done everything in this thread and still no dice. I'm on Alder Lake chipset. I'm not sure what I need to provide to get this going so please let me know what I need to produce here

Summarize what you've done, post your emerge --info, kernel config, dmesg and perhaps lsmod from a live distribution that detects your microphone.

Best Regards,
Georgi
Hu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur with logrusx, and will add that since the thread you attached to is solved, readers of the index may reasonably assume there are no further questions there, and choose not to read it. As a result, your question would get less attention.

If the solution here works for you, you should use it. If it does not work for you, then you have a different problem, and should have created a distinct thread.

You say that Discord detects it, but also that the microphone does not work. Please indicate which of the following best describes your problem:
  • One or more applications (which ones?) fail to detect that you have a microphone
  • The application detects the microphone, but claims not to be able to access it
  • The application claims to access the microphone, but no sound is detected when you speak
Your image uploads return a page with no meaningful content, only the control links.
turtles
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu as a mod can you perhaps move bawig1's post to a new one?
Hu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did that about the time I posted my preceding message, and left a note to that effect in the top of the new opening post.
turtles
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh woops I see thanks
turtles
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bawig1 can you post your /etc/pulse/default.pa on pastbin or somwhere we can look at it?
Also what does
Code:
arecord -l
show?
logrusx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect OP might not be receiving notifications about posts in this thread as the forum does not automatically subscribe the user for notifications for threads they only replied to and since this thread was not created by the user, they might not be subscribed to it.

Best Regards,
Georgi
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: