[SOLVED] No security key access within a Simple Sandbox
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferociouspineapple
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:55 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] No security key access within a Simple Sandbox Reply with quote

With both Firefox and Qutebrowser I've attempted to use a yubikey inside a "simple sandbox", but the yubikey is not recognized on U2F prompts (yubikey light does not flash) only when I'm running as the sandboxed user (works fine as the default/main user).

What I've tried:
- adding the sandboxed user to the usb, and user (the main user) groups, and retrying after restarting the terminal
- Making a /run/{sandboxed user}/{uid of sandboxed user} directory with appropriate permissions assuming this qutebrowser error may had been related
Code:
WARNING: QStandardPaths: runtime directory '/run/user/1000' is not owned by UID 1003, but a directory permissions 0700 owned by UID 1000 GID 1000

maybe dbus related?
Any ideas :?:

-----------
Solution:
After recompiling net-misc/openssh with the security-key use flag it added the plugdev group to my system which seems to have enabled me to access the yubikey as the 'sandboxed' user after adding that user to the plugdev group :o
thanks to twnqx on #gentoo for this plugdev pointer.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: