Arm DS problem?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pgu
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:11 am    Post subject: Arm DS problem? Reply with quote

I'm trying to run the Arm Development Studio on Gentoo.

I was able to install it and compile/link programs. However, if I try to run/debug the program using the Arm DS emulator I get an error which seem to be linked to libc/mesa:

Code:
bash-5.1$ /home/test/root/developmentstudio-2023.0/bin/FVP_MPS2_Cortex-M33 --iris-server --print-port-number -C fvp_mps2.DISABLE_GATING=1
Iris server started listening to port 7100
telnetterminal0: Listening for serial connection on port 5000
telnetterminal1: Listening for serial connection on port 5001
telnetterminal2: Listening for serial connection on port 5002
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /home/test/root/developmentstudio-2023.0/sw/models/bin/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by /usr/lib64/dri/swrast_dri.so) (search paths /usr/lib64/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  151 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
  Value in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  104
  Current serial number in output stream:  105

I don't understand if this is a problem with my LibGL/mesa/swrast_dri or if it's due to Arm DS using a different glibcxx?

Edit: This is a headless server. I'm running using X forwarding from my desktop Gentoo PC.
grknight
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Arm DS problem? Reply with quote

pgu wrote:
Code:
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /home/test/root/developmentstudio-2023.0/sw/models/bin/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by /usr/lib64/dri/swrast_dri.so) (search paths /usr/lib64/dri, suffix _dri)

The C++ standard library at /home/test/root/developmentstudio-2023.0/sw/models/bin/libstdc++.so.6 is to old to interface with the DRI library at /usr/lib64/dri/swrast_dri.so.
Not sure the best way you can upgrade it though. Being a development environment, it could confuse other things or be ABI incompatible with the system's C++ library.
GDH-gentoo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Arm DS problem? Reply with quote

pgu wrote:
Code:
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

Yeah, it looks like running that program creates an incompatibility by trying to use a bundled libstdc++ provided by the ARM DS, but somehow also using a libGL that tries to load a system Mesa driver, swrast_dri —which I suppose is indirectly linked to a newer system libstdc++, perhaps through LLVM—.

EDIT: grknight got here first.
As a packager I just don't want things to get messier with weird build systems and multiple toolchains requirements though :)

Last edited by GDH-gentoo on Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
pgu
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. It seems like I'll have to stick with Red Hat and the older libstc++ libraries.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: