ffmpeg with hwaccel vaapi disables display powersave sleep
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spam
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:40 pm    Post subject: ffmpeg with hwaccel vaapi disables display powersave sleep Reply with quote

I have a mostly headless server, but it's still plugged in to one of my workstation's monitors in case I want to watch it reboot, etc. Normally, its HDMI output is in powersave mode and that monitor can sleep normally when my workstation is idle.

However, when I run a transcode job with "ffmpeg -hwaccel vaapi ...", powersave gets disabled on the server's HDMI output and ends up preventing the monitor its connected to from sleeping. When my workstation is idle, the monitor will switch inputs to the server and display its console output. I can work around this by running "setterm --powerdown=1 --powersave=on --blank=poke", but I'd like to find a more permanent solution. However, I'm not entirely sure where to start. I'm not even sure where this issue exists, as there are few packages involved: ffmpeg, libva, libva-intel-media-driver, as well as the i915 kernel module (CPU is an i3-10100) .

Ultimately, this isn't a critical issue, but if I could get some help to at least figure out who to submit a bug report to, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: