PHP cgi flag, is it needed?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoofyX
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:57 pm    Post subject: PHP cgi flag, is it needed? Reply with quote

I'm using PHP with FPM and Apache in a variety of my Gentoo machines and works flawlessly. My question is:

Do I need the cgi USE flag enabled for the PHP package?

I'm looking for ways to lower the compilation time for this package, so I guess disabling this flag is one way to go.

My current USE flags is:

Code:
8.0.28(8.0) (acl argon2 bcmath bzip2 calendar cgi cli ctype curl exif fileinfo filter fpm ftp gd gdbm gmp iconv imap intl ipv6 jit ldap mysql mysqli nls opcache pcntl pdo phar posix postgres readline session simplexml soap sockets spell sqlite ssl systemd sysvipc tidy tokenizer truetype unicode webp xml xmlreader xmlwriter xpm xslt zip zlib -apache2 -apparmor -berkdb -cdb -cjk -coverage -debug -embed -enchant -ffi -firebird -flatfile -inifile -iodbc -kerberos -ldap-sasl -libedit -lmdb -mhash -mssql -oci8-instant-client -odbc -phpdbg -qdbm -selinux -session-mm -sharedmem -snmp -sodium -test -threads -tokyocabinet)

... Morpheus: What is "real"? How do you define "real"? If you 're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then "real" is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain...
alamahant
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the ebuild
Code:

REQUIRED_USE="
   || ( cli cgi fpm apache2 embed phpdbg )

One of them.Or more?
So if you have fpm maybe you dont need cgi.
grknight
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: PHP cgi flag, is it needed? Reply with quote

GoofyX wrote:
I'm using PHP with FPM and Apache in a variety of my Gentoo machines and works flawlessly. My question is:

Do I need the cgi USE flag enabled for the PHP package?

It is not required to have the cgi USE to use FPM. This USE is for traditional CGI and not fpm (think old cgi-bin websites). Removing cgi USE will decrease the time by one third for this package with the USE mentioned above.
GoofyX
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both! :)
... Morpheus: What is "real"? How do you define "real"? If you 're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then "real" is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: