systemd-utils crashes during emerge
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dimitrimemet
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:25 pm    Post subject: systemd-utils crashes during emerge Reply with quote

I search for a solution yesterday all day but i realized that sometimes the problem might be just me and how i set everything up so here I go
https://bpa.st/QKAQ
Code:
 emerge --ask systemd-utils

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
Dependency resolution took 2.53 s.

[ebuild     U  ] sys-apps/systemd-utils-253.6 [252.9]

Code:
../systemd-stable-253.6/meson.build:85: WARNING:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

split-usr mode is going to be removed

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Program tools/meson-build.sh found: YES (/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/systemd-utils-253.6/work/systemd-stable-253.6/tools/meson-build.sh)
C++ compiler for the host machine: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ (gcc 12.3.1 "x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ (Gentoo 12.3.1_p20230526 p2) 12.3.1 20230526")
C++ linker for the host machine: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ ld.bfd 2.40

../systemd-stable-253.6/meson.build:405:8: ERROR: Problem encountered: -Ofast, -ffast-math, or -ffinite-math-only is specified in c_args.

A full log can be found at /var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/systemd-utils-253.6/work/systemd-stable-253.6-abi_x86_64.amd64/meson-logs/meson-log.txt
 * ERROR: sys-apps/systemd-utils-253.6::gentoo failed (configure phase):
 *   (no error message)
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line  136:  Called src_configure
 *   environment, line 4159:  Called meson-multilib_src_configure
 *   environment, line 2654:  Called multilib-minimal_src_configure
 *   environment, line 2873:  Called multilib_foreach_abi 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_configure'
 *   environment, line 3123:  Called multibuild_foreach_variant '_multilib_multibuild_wrapper' 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_configure'
 *   environment, line 2828:  Called _multibuild_run '_multilib_multibuild_wrapper' 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_configure'
 *   environment, line 2826:  Called _multilib_multibuild_wrapper 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_configure'
 *   environment, line  717:  Called multilib-minimal_abi_src_configure
 *   environment, line 2867:  Called multilib_src_configure
 *   environment, line 3394:  Called meson_src_configure
 *   environment, line 2766:  Called die
Hu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: systemd-utils crashes during emerge Reply with quote

dimitrimemet wrote:
Code:
../systemd-stable-253.6/meson.build:405:8: ERROR: Problem encountered: -Ofast, -ffast-math, or -ffinite-math-only is specified in c_args.
From your emerge --info:
https://bpa.st/QKAQ:
CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -Ofast"
Therefore, according to the error message you posted, this is expected. Remove the CFLAGS value that it does not like. Also, given what -Ofast does, please explain why you set it globally. This is a setting that should be used only when you can justify it.
grknight
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: systemd-utils crashes during emerge Reply with quote

dimitrimemet wrote:

https://bpa.st/QKAQ
Code:
 # emerge --info

Code:

As it says, you have -Ofast in make.conf or environment CFLAGS. Remove that.
dimitrimemet
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: systemd-utils crashes during emerge Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
dimitrimemet wrote:
Code:
From your emerge --info:
https://bpa.st/QKAQ:
Therefore, according to the error message you posted, this is expected. Remove the CFLAGS value that it does not like. Also, given what -Ofast does, please explain why you set it globally. This is a setting that should be used only when you can justify it.

I used "Ofast" because even tho my computer is new its the cheapest you can buy and saw a developer here recommending to use it for emerge to build faster and not take as long ... I did removed it now and everything emerged correctly .. THANK YOU!!!!

also thank you for showing me this
Code:
so I can see where the problem is for myself .. I am new but i really want to learn <3
Hu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you see a recommendation to use this? -Ofast is known to be able to cause problems, so I am surprised anyone would recommend it for general use. I would like to read the context of that recommendation.
dimitrimemet
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
Where did you see a recommendation to use this? -Ofast is known to be able to cause problems, so I am surprised anyone would recommend it for general use. I would like to read the context of that recommendation.

on this forum, to be fair it was an older post 2017 maybe.. even tho part of me felt funny i said let me give it a shot.. i messed up and is no one to blame
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: