Apologies - Overdue
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadowless
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:46 am    Post subject: Apologies - Overdue Reply with quote

I just want to apologize to whoever I cursed out in a gentoo IRC channel a few weeks ago (don't remember who it was honestly)...

Whoever it was didn't deserve to be the target of my belligerence. For that, I'm sorry.

This also clearly means, to me, that I don't belong on IRC. It was after a drunken argument with an Arch developer on IRC that led me to gentoo in the first place.

To be honest, I don't like being 'plugged in' to people I know (social media has only worsened my relationships with family members). Instant access to other's raw thoughts and vice versa - other's instant access to my own unfiltered thoughts... has never worked well for me. l don't belong on facebook or IRC.

If I'm allowed... I would like to continue contributing to gentoo... via wiki, bug reports, forums...
Hu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not present to witness the incident you describe. However, I want to note that some people who are on IRC may not read the forums (and some people on the forums never read IRC), so the intended recipient may not see your apology here. That you were able to post this here says you did not get banned from the forums over this, and I do not recall seeing anything in the reports thread requesting such a sanction. Therefore, speaking only for myself, it seems likely you can continue contributing. Ideally, the aggrieved parties will see and accept your apology.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: