Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Perfect Gentleman
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's wrong with qtgui-5.15.6.9999 and with 5.15.5.9999 before that
Code:
/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.6.9999/work/qtgui-5.15.6.9999/src/platformsupport/services/genericunix/qgenericunixservices.cpp: In member function ‘virtual QString QGenericUnixServices::portalWindowIdentifier(QWindow*)’:
/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.6.9999/work/qtgui-5.15.6.9999/src/platformsupport/services/genericunix/qgenericunixservices.cpp:516:9: error: ‘QGuiApplication’ has not been declared
  516 |     if (QGuiApplication::platformName() == QLatin1String("xcb"))
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.6.9999/work/qtgui-5.15.6.9999/src/platformsupport/services/genericunix/qgenericunixservices.cpp:517:63: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘class QWindow’
  517 |         return QStringLiteral("x11:") + QString::number(window->winId(), 16);
      |                                                               ^~
In file included from ../../../include/QtGui/5.15.6/QtGui/qpa/qplatformservices.h:1,
                 from /tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.6.9999/work/qtgui-5.15.6.9999/src/platformsupport/services/genericunix/qgenericunixservices_p.h:54,
                 from /tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.6.9999/work/qtgui-5.15.6.9999/src/platformsupport/services/genericunix/qgenericunixservices.cpp:40:
../../../include/QtGui/5.15.6/QtGui/qpa/../../../../../../qtgui-5.15.6.9999/src/gui/kernel/qplatformservices.h:58:7: note: forward declaration of ‘class QWindow’
   58 | class QWindow;
      |       ^~~~~~~
make[1]: *** [Makefile:744: .obj/qgenericunixservices.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.6.9999/work/qtgui-5.15.6.9999_build/src/platformsupport/services'
make: *** [Makefile:236: sub-services-make_first] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Code:
[ebuild     U *] dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.6.9999:5/5.15.6::qt [5.15.5.9999:5/5.15.5::qt] USE="X dbus egl eglfs jpeg libinput png udev vulkan wayland -accessibility -debug -evdev -gles2-only -ibus -linuxfb -test -tslib -tuio -vnc (-gif%*)" 0 KiB
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong thread?
dufeu
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was attempting to perform a world update on 6 household PCs this weekend. Unfortunately, only 1 was successful. While a variety of issues cropped up across the 5 others, all 5 displayed qt slot conflict messages. 2 PCs only had qt slot conflicts, 1 PC had an additional slot conflict between the virtual-kernel and nvidia-drivers while the last 2 PCs had additional qt problems indicating ".. update(s) skipped due to unsatisfied dependencies triggered by backtracking:
..."
I'd like to address the qt slot conflicts in the hopes that this should take care of most of the issues. The PC names from latest to earliest are: wyvern, backdraft, furnace, blaze and pyrogyro.

For all PCs, I issued the following world update command:
Code:
{ emerge --backtrack=50 --verbose-conflicts -1vUDp @world >&2; } |& wgetpaste --verbose --service 0x0

For PCs with ONLY qt slot conflict messages:
For PC with added virtual-kernel ~ nividia-drivers conflict message:
For remaining 2 PCs with qt unsatisfied dependencies triggered by backtracking messages:
Because of the news item regarding the upgrade of python from 3.10 ~ 3.11, I verified I have no PYTHON_TARGETS and PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET manual settings:
check python target settings:
grep -R -i 'python' /etc/portage/*
with results being:
  • wyvern: /etc/portage/make.conf:USE="${USE} perl postscript pulseaudio python raw ruby"
    /etc/portage/package.use/init:>=app-accessibility/speech-dispatcher-0.11.4 python
    /etc/portage/package.use/init:>=dev-python/PyQt5-5.15.7 webchannel
    /etc/portage/package.use/init:>=dev-python/pyside2-5.15.8 webengine
    /etc/portage/package.use/init:>=dev-python/PyQt5-5.15.9 sql

• backdraft: /etc/portage/make.conf:USE="${USE} perl postscript pulseaudio python raw ruby"
    /etc/portage/package.use/dev-python:>=dev-python/PyQt5-5.15.0-r1 webchannel
    /etc/portage/package.use/temp:>=dev-python/pyside2-5.15.2-r1 webengine
    /etc/portage/package.use/temp:www-client/falkon -python
    /etc/portage/package.use/temp:>=dev-python/pillow-9.3.0 webp
    /etc/portage/package.use/temp:>=dev-python/PyQt5-5.15.9 sql

• furnace: /etc/portage/make.conf:USE="${USE} pulseaudio python rar raw ruby samba sasl scanner sensord syslog"
    /etc/portage/package.use/dev-python:>=dev-python/PyQt5-5.13.1 webchannel
    /etc/portage/package.use/dev-python:dev-lang/python sqlite
    /etc/portage/package.use/dev-python:>=dev-python/numpy-1.17.4-r3 lapack
    /etc/portage/package.use/temp:=www-client/falkon-22.04.3 -python
    /etc/portage/package.use/temp:>=dev-python/pillow-9.3.0 webp
    /etc/portage/patches/app-text/calibre-5.16.1/calibre-5.16.1-zeroconf.patch: # Copied from https://github.com/jstasiak/python-zeroconf version 0.28.1

• blaze: /etc/portage/make.conf:USE="${USE} pulseaudio python rar raw ruby samba sasl scanner sensord syslog"
    /etc/portage/package.use/dev-python:>=dev-python/PyQt5-5.13.1 webchannel
    /etc/portage/package.use/dev-python:dev-lang/python sqlite
    /etc/portage/package.use/python:>=dev-python/numpy-1.17.4-r3 lapack
    /etc/portage/package.use/temp:www-client/falkon -python

• pyrogyro: /etc/portage/make.conf:USE="${USE} pulseaudio python rar raw ruby samba sasl scanner sensord syslog"
    /etc/portage/package.use:>=dev-python/PyQt5-5.13.1 webchannel
    /etc/portage/package.use:>=dev-lang/python-3.9.6_p1:3.9 tk
    /etc/portage/package.use:>=dev-python/pyside2-5.15.2-r1 webengine
    /etc/portage/package.use:www-client/falkon -python
    /etc/portage/package.use:>=dev-python/PyQt5-5.15.9 sql

On the previous set of world updates I made a concerted effort to go back to my old PCs and rationalize and make as uniform as possible the make.conf and package.* files across systems. This include removing all manual PYTHON TARGET(S) settings as well as removing old no longer needed USE flags. I also successfully performed emerge --depclean on all systems at that time. It is highly probable I have either missed something or have remaining artifacts I need to clear. pyrogyro and blaze are especially problematic as they are my oldest installed systems. The wyvern emerge --info represents my latest thinking on desired USE flags and settings. I've included paste links for the other systems further below.

Advice wanted please!!

The emerge --info for wyvern is:
Code:
wyvern /etc/portage/package.use # emerge --info
Portage 3.0.45.3 (python 3.10.10-final-0, default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/plasma, gcc-12, glibc-2.37-r1, 6.2.8-gentoo-dist x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-6.2.8-gentoo-dist-x86_64-AMD_Ryzen_7_5800X3D_8-Core_Processor-with-glibc2.37
KiB Mem:   131812308 total, 126153472 free
KiB Swap:  138412028 total, 138412028 free
Timestamp of repository gentoo: Sat, 06 May 2023 22:00:01 +0000
Head commit of repository gentoo: 8c6fab56400b1b06b788c7c72c98490f46cd848b
sh bash 5.2_p15-r2
ld GNU ld (Gentoo 2.40 p3) 2.40.0
app-misc/pax-utils:        1.3.7::gentoo
app-shells/bash:           5.2_p15-r2::gentoo
dev-lang/perl:             5.36.0-r2::gentoo
dev-lang/python:           3.10.10_p3::gentoo, 3.11.2_p2::gentoo
dev-lang/rust-bin:         1.68.1::gentoo
dev-util/cmake:            3.26.1::gentoo
dev-util/meson:            1.0.1::gentoo
sys-apps/baselayout:       2.13-r1::gentoo
sys-apps/openrc:           0.46::gentoo
sys-apps/sandbox:          2.30-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/autoconf:        2.71-r6::gentoo
sys-devel/automake:        1.16.5-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/binutils:        2.40-r3::gentoo
sys-devel/binutils-config: 5.5::gentoo
sys-devel/clang:           15.0.7-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc:             12.2.1_p20230304::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc-config:      2.10::gentoo
sys-devel/libtool:         2.4.7-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/llvm:            15.0.7::gentoo, 16.0.0::gentoo
sys-devel/make:            4.4.1::gentoo
sys-kernel/linux-headers:  6.2::gentoo (virtual/os-headers)
sys-libs/glibc:            2.37-r1::gentoo
Repositories:

gentoo
    sync-type: rsync
    sync-uri: rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage
    priority: -1000
    volatile: False
    sync-rsync-verify-max-age: 24
    sync-rsync-verify-jobs: 1
    sync-rsync-verify-metamanifest: yes
    sync-rsync-extra-opts: --timeout=15

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64 ~amd64"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="* -@EULA dlj-1.1 PUEL AdobeFlash-10.3 AdobeFlash-11.x Oracle-BCLA-JavaSE google-chrome"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/sofficerc /usr/share/config /usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/dconf /etc/env.d /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/var/cache/distfiles"
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build --with-bdeps=y --keep-going"
ENV_UNSET="CARGO_HOME DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS DISPLAY GDK_PIXBUF_MODULE_FILE GOBIN GOPATH PERL5LIB PERL5OPT PERLPREFIX PERL_CORE PERL_MB_OPT PERL_MM_OPT XAUTHORITY XDG_CACHE_HOME XDG_CONFIG_HOME XDG_DATA_HOME XDG_RUNTIME_DIR XDG_STATE_HOME"
FCFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-docompress binpkg-dostrip binpkg-logs binpkg-multi-instance buildpkg-live config-protect-if-modified distlocks ebuild-locks fixlafiles ipc-sandbox merge-sync multilib-strict network-sandbox news parallel-fetch pid-sandbox preserve-libs protect-owned qa-unresolved-soname-deps sandbox sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch userpriv usersandbox usersync xattr"
FFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org"
LANG="C.UTF8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
LEX="flex"
MAKEOPTS="-j15"
PKGDIR="/var/cache/binpkgs"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS="--timeout=15"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --omit-dir-times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --human-readable --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --exclude=/.git"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
SHELL="/bin/bash"
USE="X a52 aac aalib acl acpi activities alsa amd64 bluetooth branding bzip2 cairo cdda cdr cjk cli crypt cups curl dbus declarative dri drm dts dvd dvdr elogind encode exif extra ffmpeg flac fontconfig fortran fuse gd gdbm gif gimp gles2 gpm gstreamer gtk gui iconv icu inotify ipv6 jpeg kde kerberos kwallet lcms libglvnd libnotify libtirpc mad mng mp3 mp4 mpeg multilib ncurses nls nptl ntfs ogg opengl openmp pam pango pcre pdf perl plasma png policykit postscript ppds pulseaudio python qml qt5 raw readline ruby samba sasl sdl seccomp semantic-desktop sound spell split-usr ssl startup-notification svg syslog test-rust theora tiff truetype udev udisks unicode upower usb vdpau vorbis wayland widgets wxwidgets x264 xattr xcb xft xinerama xml xv xvid zeroconf zip zlib" ABI_X86="64" ADA_TARGET="gnat_2021" APACHE2_MODULES="authn_core authz_core socache_shmcb unixd actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" CALLIGRA_FEATURES="karbon sheets words" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" CPU_FLAGS_X86="mmx mmxext sse sse2 aes avx avx2 f16c fma3 pclmul popcnt rdrand sha sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 sse4a ssse3" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock greis isync itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf skytraq superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ublox ubx" GRUB_PLATFORMS="efi-64" INPUT_DEVICES="libinput" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="presenter-console presenter-minimizer" LUA_SINGLE_TARGET="lua5-1" LUA_TARGETS="lua5-1" OFFICE_IMPLEMENTATION="libreoffice" PHP_TARGETS="php7-4 php8-0" POSTGRES_TARGETS="postgres12 postgres13" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_11" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_11" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby30 ruby31 ruby32" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="amdgpu fbdev intel nouveau radeon radeonsi vesa dummy v4l" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq proto steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  ADDR2LINE, AR, ARFLAGS, AS, ASFLAGS, CC, CCLD, CONFIG_SHELL, CPP, CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, CXX, CXXFILT, ELFEDIT, EXTRA_ECONF, F77FLAGS, FC, GCOV, GPROF, INSTALL_MASK, LC_ALL, LD, LFLAGS, LIBTOOL, LINGUAS, MAKE, MAKEFLAGS, NM, OBJCOPY, OBJDUMP, PORTAGE_BINHOST, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, RANLIB, READELF, RUSTFLAGS, SIZE, STRINGS, STRIP, YACC, YFLAGS

Other PC emerge --info links:
This is the emerge --info for the only PC which had no problems with the world update:
dufeu
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 4:12 am    Post subject: dev-qt/qt-* et al problems resolved. Reply with quote

I believe I've identified the trigger for all of the problems each PC had in trying to perform world updates.

The problem appears to be tied to possibly up to two dev-lang/python artifacts depending on how long ago a given PC was built.

The main artifact trigger was the continuing existence of dev-lang/python-3.9.16_p3-1. While I had removed all instances of manual PYTHON_TARGETS and SINGLE_PYTHON_TARGET, (from make.conf and their equivalent package.use files) at the time when python3.9 was still the selected version, it never occurred to me to remove the dev-lang/python3.9 when the migration to 3.10 happened. I ended up brute forcing the following commands.

Because I still hadn't identified the main trigger, I ran this command:
initial 'emerge -C':
emerge -C dev-qt/*
emerge -C kde-frameworks/*
on all 5 problem PCs. This eliminated all the dev-qt/qt-* slot conflicts.

I then re-iteratively unmerged all packages associated with remaining slot conflicts. (WARNING! Be certain you don't have any system packages included for unmerging if you attempt this method.) In total, I execute the following commands depending on PC specific installed packages:
Code:
emerge -C =net-p2p/bitcoin-qt-24.0.1-2 =net-libs/libtorrent-rasterbar-1.2.18-r1-1 =net-p2p/qbittorrent-4.5.2-1
emerge -C =dev-util/systemtap-4.8-1 =dev-lang/python-3.9.16_p3-1 =media-gfx/lximage-qt-1.2.0-1 =media-gfx/lximage-qt-1.2.0-1
emerge -C =dev-lang/python-3.9.16_p3 =sci-mathematics/cgal-5.5 =media-gfx/openscad-2021.01-r4 =media-gfx/freecad-0.20.2-r1
emerge -C =dev-libs/libixion-0.17.0-r1 =dev-libs/liborcus-0.17.2-r1 =app-office/libreoffice-7.4.6.2 =sci-libs/vtk-9.2.5
Code:
emerge -C =dev-lang/python-3.8.16_p4 =dev-lang/python-3.9.16_p3-1

Removal of these slot conflict packages and the artifact dev-lang/python-3.8/9 packages resolved most of the problems. The second newest PC was left with only the following messages:
skipped due to dependency conflict:
WARNING: One or more updates/rebuilds have been skipped due to a dependency conflict:

x11-libs/libfm-qt:0

(x11-libs/libfm-qt-1.3.0:0/7::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="" ABI_X86="(64)" conflicts with
    =x11-libs/libfm-qt-1.2*:= required by (x11-misc/pcmanfm-qt-1.2.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^                  ^^^^ 
    =x11-libs/libfm-qt-1.2* required by (lxqt-base/lxqt-qtplugin-1.2.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="" ABI_X86="(64)"

For the second newest PC, I was able to run:
Code:
emerge --backtrack=50 --verbose-conflicts -1vUDp @world

The 3 oldest PCs then displayed a lot of python related error messages.

For the oldest 3 PCs, I was required to follow the
news item 2023-04-02-python3-11 'Safer upgrade procedure':
=======================
A safer approach is to add Python 3.11 support to your system first,
and only then remove Python 3.10.  However, note that this involves two
rebuilds of all the affected packages, so it will take noticeably
longer.

First, enable both Python 3.10 and Python 3.11, and then run the upgrade
commands:

*/* PYTHON_TARGETS: -* python3_10 python3_11
    */* PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET: -* python3_10

Then switch PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET and run the second batch of upgrades:

*/* PYTHON_TARGETS: -* python3_10 python3_11
    */* PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET: -* python3_11

Finally, switch to the final version and upgrade:

*/* PYTHON_TARGETS: -* python3_11
    */* PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET: -* python3_11

You may wish to remove the target overrides after the defaults switch.
Alternatively, you can keep them to block the next automatic upgrade
to Python 3.12, and upgrade manually then.

Upgrade commands
================
The Python 3.10 cleanup requires that Python 3.10 is removed from
the complete dependency trees in batch.  If some of the
installed packages using an older Python version are not triaged
for the upgrade, the package manager will throw dependency conflicts.
This makes it important that the upgrade is carried via a --deep
--changed-use @world upgrade, as well as that any stray packages
are removed prior to it, e.g.:

emerge --depclean
    emerge -1vUD @world
    emerge --depclean

After setting package.use to force the python3.10 targets, all error messages were resolved to the same remaining warning message as the second newest PC.

Rinse and repeat following the safer python upgrade method for each of the oldst PCs.

Perhaps the news item should be modified to remind people to check for older dev-lang/python packages left on their systems before performing the upgrade.

Mods: I posted here because the initial problems all appeared to be dev-qt/qt* related. Upon resolution, I can see where my pair of posts could be their own thread since the trigger problem is related to the python3.10 to python3.11 upgrade and earlier python version artifacts. Please feel free to move these posts.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: dev-qt/qt-* et al problems resolved. Reply with quote

dufeu wrote:
initial 'emerge -C':
emerge -C dev-qt/*

Which was *completely* unnecessary.
dufeu
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: dev-qt/qt-* et al problems resolved. Reply with quote

asturm wrote:
dufeu wrote:
initial 'emerge -C':
emerge -C dev-qt/*

Which was *completely* unnecessary.

Agreed.

However, I'm not a developer. Doing as I did eliminated a lot of the noise so I was finally able to find the problem. The python related messages didn't come up until after I eliminated the qt related messages.

I try to do as much self help as I can because I don't want to bother anyone with problems I can solve myself. I just don't have the knowledge set to find these problems efficiently.
e8root
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hwoarang wrote:
@paladin-zero

As I said before

run emerge -uDNavt world. Make sure to have -t parameter

You will have enough information to figure out what is going on

Similar type of issue as described in this topic happened today in my system when I tried to run update showing some conflicts between various qt libs ending with 5.15.12 and 5.15.13 and 6.6.3... not really sure what all of this means yet and during my attempts thought of unemerging half of my system to emerge it again did cross my mind but the command did resolve these issues.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: