Virt-manager and networking on laptop in a virtual machine
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BraniggansLaw
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:50 pm    Post subject: Virt-manager and networking on laptop in a virtual machine Reply with quote

So I've got a Windows 10 VM set up in virt-manager on my gentoo laptop (mostly following this guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zrRFX4UK_s).

I cannot get networking working in the VM. I believe this to is due to the fact that my laptop does not have an ethernet adapter just a wireless networking card. Searching online gives conflicting information about whether or not you can bridge your network with your VM without an ethernet adapter.

I thought that USB tethering my phone would work in the VM but while my phone is recognised in the VM, I cannot connect to the internet with it.

To be honest, networking on Linux is a mystery to me for the most part. Could anyone spoonfeed me how to get networking working in the VM?
Hu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you need to bridge the virtual machine to the real world, or would NAT suffice? NAT should work with all wireless cards. How did you configure the guest's network card?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: