Firejail'd wine can't access vulkan?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pizza-rat
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:12 pm    Post subject: Firejail'd wine can't access vulkan? Reply with quote

I'm trying to run my wine games in sandboxes so they can't access files they don't need, just in case. Here's what I've tried and what the result has been:
Trying to run a specific game through wine directly with the --private option to keep it out of my real home directory:
Code:
firejail --noprofile --private=$HOME/Games/Winehomes/PSOBB/home/myuser wine $HOME/.wine/drive_c/users/steamuser/EphineaPSO/PsoBB.exe

Gives an error popup with:
Code:
Failed to load d3d9_43.dll! Some features will not work correctly.

It's required to install the "Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime" in order to use post-processing effects.

Please click "OK" to open the official download page or "CANCEL" to continue anyway.

Trying to run the game as usual but with the firejail wine profile:
Code:
WINEPREFIX=$HOME/Games/Wine/PSOBB firejail wine /home/myuser/Games/Wine/PSOBB/drive_c/users/steamuser/EphineaPSO/PsoBB.exe

Gives the same error as above.

Trying to run the game through firejail'd lutris:
Code:
firejail lutris

Gives:
Code:
Vulkan is not available or your system isn't Vulkan capable

in the terminal, and
Code:
Vulkan is not installed or is not supported by your system

when trying to launch the game in lutris.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here and how I can get this working? I can probably use flatpak in the meantime but I'd like to figure out firejail. The game works fine outside of firejail, for reference. Maybe it would be easier to slowly add to my own wine.profile from scratch rather than trying to dissect what's in the way in the default one.
pizza-rat
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have fixed this just now (at least for wine, not lutris): I think my problem was that back when I installed the games, I did so at least partially through lutris rather than just setting them up straight through wine, so some folders in ./local/share that shouldn't be needed, were. Or maybe it's to do with how you install dxvk, whether you use --symlink or not, I'm not sure.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: