View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALF__
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:37 pm    Post subject: QTwidgets 5.15.8-r1 fails with alot of compile errors Reply with quote

Hello,

When performing an update this weekend the build of Qtwidgets fails with alot of what seemingly is errors during compile fase.
It does not seem like it is running out of RAM or anything like that.

Don't really have much more intel than the build.log, available on this link: http://0x0.st/oCKo.log

It might be related to this one: https://bugs.gentoo.org/841470, however different versions and there are no real conclusion in that one.

Should I post a new bug for it? I'll gladly help to debug this, however, not really knowledgeable of where to begin with it.

Thanks!

Excluded a comma from a clicky-link URL.Chiitoo

Last edited by ALF__ on Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
CooSee
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please add the following to your make.conf to get rid of the color codes in log files, because it's hard to read.
Code:
PORTAGE_LOG_FILTER_FILE_CMD="bash -c \"ansifilter; exec cat\""

and your link to the bug report has a comma at the end >>> it's going to nowhere because of it.

8)
Josef.95
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@CooSee,

hm yes, but with a file pager like less, the log file is fine readable:
Example:
$ cd /tmp/
$ wget https://0x0.st/oFRn.log
$ less oFRn.log
works for me.
ALF__
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright!

The link is updated above with ansifilter, sorry for that
CooSee
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALF__ wrote:
Alright!

The link is updated above with ansifilter, sorry for that

all good - thx for cleaning up :)
Code:
> main.cpp:7:8: error: #error Intel CET not available
>     7 |     #  error Intel CET not available
>       |        ^~~~~
> gmake: *** [Makefile:246: main.o] Error 1
test config.qtbase.tests.intelcet FAILED

never saw this error before.

Support for Intel Control-flow Enforcement Technology (CET) - https://packages.gentoo.org/useflags/search?q=cet

found 7 packages with cet USE flag. - https://packages.gentoo.org/useflags/cet

did you changed some flags in your make.conf ?

please show us your make.conf.

8)
ALF__
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!

Thanks for checking it out.

No I have nothing like that activated in my make.conf:

Code:
COMMON_FLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
CFLAGS="${COMMON_FLAGS}"
CXXFLAGS="${COMMON_FLAGS}"
FCFLAGS="${COMMON_FLAGS}"
FFLAGS="${COMMON_FLAGS}"
CPU_FLAGS_X86="mmx mmxext popcnt sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3"
MAKEOPTS="-j8"

PORTDIR="/var/db/repos/gentoo"
DISTDIR="/var/cache/distfiles"
PKGDIR="/var/cache/binpkgs"
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64"

LC_MESSAGES=C

USE="elogind -consolekit java X pcre16 xkb xinerama alsa pulseaudio abi_x86_32 policykit dbus sqlite opengl tiff context python"

VIDEO_CARDS="nouveau"
INPUT_DEVICeS="libinput keyboard mouse"

#PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9"

GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://ftp.fau.de/gentoo"

This is my euse output for cet:

euse -I cet
Code:
global use flags (searching: cet)
no matching entries found

local use flags (searching: cet)
[-      ] cet (sys-devel/binutils):
Enable Intel Control-flow Enforcement Technology.

[-      ] cet (sys-devel/gcc):
Enable support for Intel Control Flow Enforcement Technology (CET). Only effective on amd64/x86. Only provides benefits on newer CPUs. For Intel, the CPU must                     be at least as new as Tiger Lake. For AMD, it must be at least as new as Zen 3. This is harmless on older CPUs, but provides no benefit either. When combined w                    ith USE=hardened, GCC will set -fcf-protection by default when building software. The effect is minimal on systems which do not support it, other than a possib                    le small increase in codesize for the NOPs. The generated code is therefore compatible with i686 at the earliest.

[-      ] cet (sys-libs/binutils-libs):
Enable Intel Control-flow Enforcement Technology.

[-      ] cet (sys-libs/glibc):
Enable Intel Control-flow Enforcement Technology (needs binutils 2.29 and gcc 8)

Does not really seem to be set anywhere? :?
CooSee
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
bash: line 1: ansifilter: command not found

emerge app-text/ansifilter to get rid of this message from your log file.

you're using ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" <<< this is always fun, in a weird way.

the previous version had no issues? - may be just stick to the old one for now.

compare the qtwidgets emerge log files to each other, maybe there's a difference!?

are you using ccache?

sorry, i can't test it on my system, because i don't use QT at all.

try with lower -j flag.

8)
ALF__
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CooSee wrote:

Code:
bash: line 1: ansifilter: command not found

emerge app-text/ansifilter to get rid of this message from your log file.

Yeah, that can be ignored, I accidentally ran emerge without ansifilter first, and then i used it afterwords "manually" on the file.

Quote:
you're using ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" <<< this is always fun, in a weird way.

I'm failing to see the comedic pitch here? :D
Guessing that was some form of requirement that I needed to add way back when. Its a pretty old install.

Quote:
the previous version had no issues? - may be just stick to the old one for now.

Nah, not that I am aware off.

I do have another machine, somewhat similar install, that is I updated at the same time, it compiled just fine.
For whatever it is worth.

Maybe I just have to skip this version though. No real clues to go by this time around.

Quote:

compare the qtwidgets emerge log files to each other, maybe there's a difference!?

are you using ccache?

No do not have ccache

Quote:
sorry, i can't test it on my system, because i don't use QT at all.

try with lower -j flag.

I actually had -j4 I noticed yesterday that I forgot to bump after a CPU upgrade a while back. Still had the issue though.

Come to think off it, might see if I can survive by disabling qt all together. If I remember correctly It was pulled in due to virtualbox

8)
CooSee
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do have another machine, somewhat similar install, that is I updated at the same time, it compiled just fine.

this is one of the beauty or having fun with ~amd64 8O :lol: ( no offence )

swap!? - are you using tpmfs for /var/tmp/portage/ ? - if so, try without.

somehow, qtwidgets expects the CET feature - i would try rebuilding all the ebuilds, which has the cet USE flag, without using the cet flag.

i hope this helps 8)
grknight
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CET stuff is a configure test and not a real issue (they expect it to pass/fail).
I don't see how it is related to the C++ class not being found.
ALF__
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

this is one of the beauty or having fun with ~amd64 8O :lol: ( no offence )

Hehe alright. But, is there any article or information why this might be problematic? Never came across that before.

Quote:
swap!? - are you using tpmfs for /var/tmp/portage/ ? - if so, try without.

Yep, running swap for sure. I will attempt without, hopefully it still can build. This machine "only" has 8gb which can be pretty slim nowadays.
Quote:

somehow, qtwidgets expects the CET feature - i would try rebuilding all the ebuilds, which has the cet USE flag, without using the cet flag.

Yeah its pretty strange for sure. I will try this! Thanks for your help so far!
grknight
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALF__ wrote:
Quote:

It is not true that CET is expected and rebuilding is just a waste of time.

Edit: This is the problem to solve and it is not related to CET:

Code:
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -c -O2 -pipe -std=c++1z -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -fno-exceptions -Wall -Wextra -Wvla -Wdate-time -Wshift-overflow=2 -Wduplicated-cond -Wno-stringop-overflow -Wno-format-overflow -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQT_NO_LINKED_LIST -DQT_NO_JAVA_STYLE_ITERATORS -DQT_DEPRECATED_WARNINGS -DQT_NO_NARROWING_CONVERSIONS_IN_CONNECT -DQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_THEME_SUPPORT_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_DBUS_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.15.8/src/plugins/platformthemes/xdgdesktopportal -I. -I/usr/include/qt5 -I/usr/include/qt5/QtThemeSupport -I/usr/include/qt5/QtThemeSupport/5.15.8 -I/usr/include/qt5/QtThemeSupport/5.15.8/QtThemeSupport -I/usr/include/qt5/QtGui/5.15.8 -I/usr/include/qt5/QtGui/5.15.8/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt5/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt5/QtCore/5.15.8 -I/usr/include/qt5/QtCore/5.15.8/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt5/QtDBus -I/usr/include/qt5/QtCore -I.moc -I/usr/include/libdrm -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.15.8/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o .obj/qxdgdesktopportaltheme.o /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.15.8/src/plugins/platformthemes/xdgdesktopportal/qxdgdesktopportaltheme.cpp
/var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.15.8/src/plugins/platformthemes/xdgdesktopportal/qxdgdesktopportaltheme.cpp: In constructor ‘QXdgDesktopPortalTheme::QXdgDesktopPortalTheme()’:
/var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.15.8/src/plugins/platformthemes/xdgdesktopportal/qxdgdesktopportaltheme.cpp:102:5: error: ‘QDBusMessage’ was not declared in this scope
  102 |     QDBusMessage message = QDBusMessage::createMethodCall(QLatin1String("org.freedesktop.portal.Desktop"),
      |     ^~~~~~~~~~~~

Oops. wrong command.. fixed now (jobs)
grknight
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be curious of the contents of the following files:

• /usr/include/qt5/QtDBus/qdbusargument.h
  • /usr/include/qt5/QtDBus/QDBusArgument
  • /usr/include/qt5/QtDBus/qdbusmessage.h
  • /usr/include/qt5/QtDBus/QDBusMessage

They should contain classes of the same name as the file in the .h and the other files should refer to the .h files
CooSee
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my apologies @ ALF - grknight is right - this has nothing to do with the CET Failed message :!:

i just emerged qtwidget on my system and i get the same message.
Quote:
test config.qtbase.libraries.host_dbus succeeded
Checking for Support for Intel Control-flow Enforcement Technology...
+ cd /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.15.8_build/config.tests/intelcet && /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.15.8_build/bin/qmake "CONFIG -= qt debug_and_release app_bundle lib_bundle" "CONFIG
+= shared warn_off console single_arch" QMAKE_AR=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ar QMAKE_CC=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc QMAKE_LINK_C=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc QMAKE_LINK_C_SHLIB=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc QMAKE_CXX=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ QMAKE_LINK=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ QMAKE_LINK_SHLI
B=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ QMAKE_OBJCOPY=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-objcopy QMAKE_RANLIB= QMAKE_STRIP=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-strip 'QMAKE_CFLAGS=-march=native -O2 -pipe' QMAKE_CFLAGS_RELEASE= QMAKE_CFLAGS_DEBUG= 'QMAKE_CXXFLAGS=-march=native -O2 -pipe' QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE= QMAK
E_CXXFLAGS_DEBUG= 'QMAKE_LFLAGS=-march=native -O2 -pipe' QMAKE_LFLAGS_RELEASE= QMAKE_LFLAGS_DEBUG= /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.15.8_build/config.tests/intelcet
+ cd /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.15.8_build/config.tests/intelcet && MAKEFLAGS= /usr/bin/gmake
> x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -c -march=native -O2 -pipe -w -fPIC -I. -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.15.8/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o main.o main.cpp
> 7 | # error Intel CET not available
> | ^~~~~
> gmake: *** [Makefile:228: main.o] Error 1
Checking for udev...

successfully emerged dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1, even with ccache enabled.

something's not quite right on your system @ ALF

maybe rebuilding all dev-qt/qt* ebuilds on the system could help ?!

8)
ALF__
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CooSee wrote:
my apologies @ ALF - grknight is right - this has nothing to do with the CET Failed message :!:

i just emerged qtwidget on my system and i get the same message.
Quote:
test config.qtbase.libraries.host_dbus succeeded
Checking for Support for Intel Control-flow Enforcement Technology...
+ cd /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.15.8_build/config.tests/intelcet && /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.15.8_build/bin/qmake "CONFIG -= qt debug_and_release app_bundle lib_bundle" "CONFIG
+= shared warn_off console single_arch" QMAKE_AR=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ar QMAKE_CC=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc QMAKE_LINK_C=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc QMAKE_LINK_C_SHLIB=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc QMAKE_CXX=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ QMAKE_LINK=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ QMAKE_LINK_SHLI
B=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ QMAKE_OBJCOPY=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-objcopy QMAKE_RANLIB= QMAKE_STRIP=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-strip 'QMAKE_CFLAGS=-march=native -O2 -pipe' QMAKE_CFLAGS_RELEASE= QMAKE_CFLAGS_DEBUG= 'QMAKE_CXXFLAGS=-march=native -O2 -pipe' QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE= QMAK
E_CXXFLAGS_DEBUG= 'QMAKE_LFLAGS=-march=native -O2 -pipe' QMAKE_LFLAGS_RELEASE= QMAKE_LFLAGS_DEBUG= /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.15.8_build/config.tests/intelcet
+ cd /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.15.8_build/config.tests/intelcet && MAKEFLAGS= /usr/bin/gmake
> x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -c -march=native -O2 -pipe -w -fPIC -I. -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.15.8/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o main.o main.cpp
> 7 | # error Intel CET not available
> | ^~~~~
> gmake: *** [Makefile:228: main.o] Error 1
Checking for udev...

successfully emerged dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1, even with ccache enabled.

something's not quite right on your system @ ALF

maybe rebuilding all dev-qt/qt* ebuilds on the system could help ?!

8)

No need to apologize! Thanks for your help!

grknight wrote:
ALF__ wrote:
Quote:

It is not true that CET is expected and rebuilding is just a waste of time.

Edit: This is the problem to solve and it is not related to CET:

Code:
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -c -O2 -pipe -std=c++1z -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -fno-exceptions -Wall -Wextra -Wvla -Wdate-time -Wshift-overflow=2 -Wduplicated-cond -Wno-stringop-overflow -Wno-format-overflow -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQT_NO_LINKED_LIST -DQT_NO_JAVA_STYLE_ITERATORS -DQT_DEPRECATED_WARNINGS -DQT_NO_NARROWING_CONVERSIONS_IN_CONNECT -DQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_THEME_SUPPORT_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_DBUS_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.15.8/src/plugins/platformthemes/xdgdesktopportal -I. -I/usr/include/qt5 -I/usr/include/qt5/QtThemeSupport -I/usr/include/qt5/QtThemeSupport/5.15.8 -I/usr/include/qt5/QtThemeSupport/5.15.8/QtThemeSupport -I/usr/include/qt5/QtGui/5.15.8 -I/usr/include/qt5/QtGui/5.15.8/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt5/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt5/QtCore/5.15.8 -I/usr/include/qt5/QtCore/5.15.8/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt5/QtDBus -I/usr/include/qt5/QtCore -I.moc -I/usr/include/libdrm -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.15.8/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o .obj/qxdgdesktopportaltheme.o /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.15.8/src/plugins/platformthemes/xdgdesktopportal/qxdgdesktopportaltheme.cpp
/var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.15.8/src/plugins/platformthemes/xdgdesktopportal/qxdgdesktopportaltheme.cpp: In constructor ‘QXdgDesktopPortalTheme::QXdgDesktopPortalTheme()’:
/var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.15.8/src/plugins/platformthemes/xdgdesktopportal/qxdgdesktopportaltheme.cpp:102:5: error: ‘QDBusMessage’ was not declared in this scope
  102 |     QDBusMessage message = QDBusMessage::createMethodCall(QLatin1String("org.freedesktop.portal.Desktop"),
      |     ^~~~~~~~~~~~

Oops. wrong command.. fixed now (jobs)

Yes, this is what I initially thought also, however we got sidetracked with ansi color and stuff :D

Quote:
I would be curious of the contents of the following files:

/usr/include/qt5/QtDBus/qdbusargument.h
/usr/include/qt5/QtDBus/QDBusArgument
/usr/include/qt5/QtDBus/qdbusmessage.h
/usr/include/qt5/QtDBus/QDBusMessage

They should contain classes of the same name as the file in the .h and the other files should refer to the .h files

Is it OK for me to upload them here or a paste service? Thinking in term of licensing

I checked them out, they do not seem to be malformed or such, but my knowledge of coding of this level is non-existent.
However, the files without the .h is just including:
#include "qdbusmessage.h"
&
#include "qdbusargument.h"
otherwise they are empty.

The files with the .h does seem to have the classes with the same name as the error message, at least for a untrained eye.
CooSee
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really tried many things - even emerged x11-libs/gtk+3.24.35 (<<< was 3.24.34-r1) and changed the gtk USE flag for qtwidgets

and everytime emerge's going through :?

the only ebuild i didn't update is dev-libs/glib to 2.74.5.

on your system, the last step after gtk check is not going through >>> /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.15.8_build/src/plugins/platformthemes/xdgdesktopportal'

- do you always run this, after daily updates? - emerge -va @preserved-rebuild && revdep-rebuild -vp && eix-test-obsolete -d

hmm, this is really bugging me now :x :wink:

8)

edit:

sorry, saw it to late, was the wrong log upload - now the right one https://0x0.st/s/4ylK7WGBIoKfMTPS9wd7PA/oCes.log
ALF__
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CooSee wrote:
i really tried many things - even emerged x11-libs/gtk+3.24.35 (<<< was 3.24.34-r1) and changed the gtk USE flag for qtwidgets

and everytime emerge's going through :?

the only ebuild i didn't update is dev-libs/glib to 2.74.5.

on your system, the last step after gtk check is not going through >>> /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.15.8_build/src/plugins/platformthemes/xdgdesktopportal'

- do you always run this, after daily updates? - emerge -va @preserved-rebuild && revdep-rebuild -vp && eix-test-obsolete -d

hmm, this is really bugging me now :x :wink:

8)

edit:

sorry, saw it to late, was the wrong log upload - now the right one https://0x0.st/s/4ylK7WGBIoKfMTPS9wd7PA/oCes.log

I think we need to go back to the reason grknight mentioned.
This is a compiler output, it is not finding the correct classes in the files.
Same error as when you forget to declare a function correctly when experimenting with programming.

The compiler thinks that the names for these classes and or functions are not there. Either missing or incorrectly named.
The files do not seem to be corrupted per se strangely enough.

Feels like one way forward would be to clear all thej caches and force portage to download it from scratch and unpack it again.
I could just flush the /tmp etc. However, what would the safest way be to force it to redownload and unpack the suspected files in /usr/include/qt5?
GDH-gentoo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALF__ wrote:
However, what would the safest way be to force it to redownload and unpack the suspected files in /usr/include/qt5?

Probably emerge --oneshot dev-qt/qtdbus.
As a packager I just don't want things to get messier with weird build systems and multiple toolchains requirements though :)
ALF__
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GDH-gentoo wrote:
ALF__ wrote:
However, what would the safest way be to force it to redownload and unpack the suspected files in /usr/include/qt5?

Probably emerge --oneshot dev-qt/qtdbus.

Thanks.

This was a long shot, and it did not work out. I'm at a loss with this.
Very strange issue.
CooSee
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please wgetpaste a list of all your installed ebuilds, e.g.
Code:
eix-installed all > installed_all_list.txt

wgetpaste installed_all_list.txt

or, try by re-emerging foollowing ebuilds:
Code:
[ebuild  N     ] dev-libs/double-conversion-3.2.1:0/3::gentoo  USE="-test" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.8-r2:5/5.15.8::gentoo  USE="-debug -icu -old-kernel -systemd -test" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-qt/qtnetwork-5.15.8-r1:5/5.15::gentoo  USE="-connman -debug -gssapi -libproxy -networkmanager -sctp ssl -test" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-qt/qttest-5.15.8:5/5.15::gentoo  USE="-debug -test" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-qt/qtdbus-5.15.8:5/5.15::gentoo  USE="-debug -test" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.8-r2:5/5.15.8::gentoo  USE="X -accessibility dbus -debug egl -eglfs -evdev -gles2-only -ibus jpeg libinput -linuxfb png -test -tslib -tuio udev -vnc vulkan wayland" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1:5/5.15::gentoo  USE="X dbus -debug -gles2-only -gtk png -test" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-qt/qtdeclarative-5.15.8-r2:5/5.15::gentoo  USE="-debug -gles2-only jit -localstorage -test vulkan widgets" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-qt/qtwayland-5.15.8:5/5.15.8::gentoo  USE="-X -debug -test vulkan" 0 KiB

8)
ALF__
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CooSee wrote:
please wgetpaste a list of all your installed ebuilds, e.g.
Code:
eix-installed all > installed_all_list.txt

wgetpaste installed_all_list.txt

or, try by re-emerging foollowing ebuilds:
Code:
[ebuild  N     ] dev-libs/double-conversion-3.2.1:0/3::gentoo  USE="-test" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.8-r2:5/5.15.8::gentoo  USE="-debug -icu -old-kernel -systemd -test" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-qt/qtnetwork-5.15.8-r1:5/5.15::gentoo  USE="-connman -debug -gssapi -libproxy -networkmanager -sctp ssl -test" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-qt/qttest-5.15.8:5/5.15::gentoo  USE="-debug -test" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-qt/qtdbus-5.15.8:5/5.15::gentoo  USE="-debug -test" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.8-r2:5/5.15.8::gentoo  USE="X -accessibility dbus -debug egl -eglfs -evdev -gles2-only -ibus jpeg libinput -linuxfb png -test -tslib -tuio udev -vnc vulkan wayland" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.8-r1:5/5.15::gentoo  USE="X dbus -debug -gles2-only -gtk png -test" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-qt/qtdeclarative-5.15.8-r2:5/5.15::gentoo  USE="-debug -gles2-only jit -localstorage -test vulkan widgets" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-qt/qtwayland-5.15.8:5/5.15.8::gentoo  USE="-X -debug -test vulkan" 0 KiB

8)

Again, thanks for your persistence with this :D

I tried to oneshot all the above. No difference, get stuck on qtwidgets once more.

Here is the list with all packages on this box:
https://bpa.st/G6AZC
CooSee
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Again, thanks for your persistence with this

you're welcome :D

do you always do emerge -va --depclean and emerge -va @preserved-rebuild && revdep-rebuild -vp && eix-test-obsolete -d after every @world updates ?

8)
ALF__
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally yes, however, eix-test-obsolete is new for me so that has not been run before.

However, qtwidgets have failed now in the middle of a world update. So depclean will therefore not run now due to that reason.

But this is a strange error. This is compiler error complaining about missing syntax, however the files do seem to bee complete.

It is really a mystery..
CooSee
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, it's really weird !

it's also possible to use emerge -va --depclean --exclude some-ebuild

8)
ALF__
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, so I have made some small progress.

I disabled gtk and dbus in qtwidgets.
Then everything builds fine and I was able to run depclean and such.
However, activating gtk and dbus breaks it again.

Atleast everything else is up to date now. Not really sure what im missing out without those USE-flags though.
They are pulled in due to KiCAD it seems. Have not had the time to test that package out yet.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: