Odd problems with Firefox 102.7esr
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidbryant
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:47 pm    Post subject: Odd problems with Firefox 102.7esr Reply with quote

On January 18, my daily "emerge" run installed a new version of Firefox (102.7 .0, upgraded from 102.6.0). That's when the problems started to appear.

At first the only thing I noticed was that some pages at WSJ.com were not being displayed correctly. Certain scrollable frames embedded in the "Home" page would not function, and a lot of photos were missing. On the "Markets" page, the graphs showing the day's market performance were broken: the abscissa and ordinate were visible, but there was no jagged line indicating how prices were moving.

Today the problems got worse. When I tried to visit the Gentoo "packages" page, Firefox said the security certificate was expired! It wouldn't let me load any Gentoo pages, not even this forum.

I installed the firefox-bin package (version 109.0), and that seems to be working OK. So right now, I'm compiling =www-client/firefox-109.0. That will take a while.

Has anybody else had similar problems recently?
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not had any issues with the forum using 102.7.0:esr. I just checked and no issues at https://packages.gentoo.org/. The certificate shows:
Code:
Validity
Not Before   Mon, 16 Jan 2023 04:02:35 GMT
Not After   Sun, 16 Apr 2023 04:02:34 GMT
Maybe the usual suspects with either cache or profile?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: