Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Can not connect to eduroam in certain time.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tr1stan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:30 am    Post subject: Can not connect to eduroam in certain time. Reply with quote

Hello,

I have been using gentoo and connecting to eduroam with it for over a year. However since the start of this semester whenever I have a lecture at 12:30 am (in Berlin timezone) I am unable to connect to the internet, when I check ifconfig, there is no ip address assigned to the wireless interface at all even though Network Manager indeed does show that I am fully connected to the network. What is also weird is that always at around 1:10 pm all connectivity issues resolve itself on its own. I can just let the notebook sit at the desk without any input from me whatsoever and it functions again. My iphone on the other hand never has any connectivity issues nor any other people using windows notebooks. This happens to me regardless on which access point I connect to or build I am trying to connect from.

To connect to eduroam I have to provide a path to a certificate fie that is provided to me by the university itself and as I checked it expires in 2030.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To verify, 00:30 and 13:10? A span of 12 hours and 40 minutes? Other than the length of time, that would seem like "not available during these hours."

What happens at 00:30 if you connect at 00:15 or 23:45?

Are there any support channels available?
tr1stan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I have completely forgotten about replying to this. So to make things short, the issue is not on the client side but on the side of eduroam, affects other wifi connected devices but linux machines have the hardest time connecting.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: