Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[SOLVED] OpenGL not working on one of the monitors (KDE)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AbbaT
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:22 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] OpenGL not working on one of the monitors (KDE) Reply with quote

Hello! There is an ASUS TUF Gaming A17 FA706IU laptop with two video cards - an integrated AMD Renoir and a GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Mobile discrete (proprietary driver 470.141.03) and two video outputs - HDMI and DisplayPort via USB Type-C.
KDE 5.26.3 (Plasma and Wayland).
The problem is that in a Plasma session, when a second monitor is connected via Type-C, as I understand it, OpenGL does not work on it. That is, when opening the main menu, popping up the panel, switching desktops - all this is rendered with a delay. Although Youtube videos in 1080p are played without problems in Firefox, there are no problems with the menu, in Dolphin, Thunderbird there are also no problems.
Steam lags, just from switching between tabs, calling the context menu.
The video in Telegram slowed down until I turned off the use of OpenGL in its settings. Video in mpv too, until I switched to output via X11.
But the problems disappear, if you just drag the window to the monitor that is connected via HDMI, everything starts working fine. Even if you run glxgears, the gears barely spin and gives out "6 frames in 6.0 seconds = 1.000 FPS", but if you drag it to an adjacent monitor, it starts to give out "301 frames in 5.0 seconds = 60.008 FPS".
When choosing Wayland, there are no problems, acceleration works fine on both monitors. I would use Wayland, but Suspend, which I use all the time, does not work for it.
What can be twisted / rebuilt so that the acceleration starts normally under the Plasma session?

Last edited by AbbaT on Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
AbbaT
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem was solved simply. In the KDE Display settings, the monitor connected via Type C was set as the main monitor. When I set the main monitor connected via HDMI, all lags immediately disappeared.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: