[solved] can't link double-float modules with soft-float
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lekto
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:44 am    Post subject: [solved] can't link double-float modules with soft-float Reply with quote

Hi, I’m trying to install Gentoo on Lichee RV (RISC-V) using mostly this: https://linux-sunxi.org/Allwinner_Nezha#Manual_build. Unfortunately looks like my sdcard is dying and corrupting lots of files (glibc, ncruses, openssl etc.). I’m trying to install it on new card, but this time on btrfs instead of ext4. When trying to build u-boot with support for btrfs I get this errors:
Code:
riscv64-linux-gnu-ld.bfd: /usr/lib/gcc/riscv64-linux-gnu/11.3.0/libgcc.a(_clzsi2.o): can't link double-float modules with soft-float modules
riscv64-linux-gnu-ld.bfd: failed to merge target specific data of file /usr/lib/gcc/riscv64-linux-gnu/11.3.0/libgcc.a(_clzsi2.o)
riscv64-linux-gnu-ld.bfd: /usr/lib/gcc/riscv64-linux-gnu/11.3.0/libgcc.a(_clz.o): can't link double-float modules with soft-float modules
riscv64-linux-gnu-ld.bfd: failed to merge target specific data of file /usr/lib/gcc/riscv64-linux-gnu/11.3.0/libgcc.a(_clz.o)
make: *** [Makefile:1830: u-boot] Error 1

Last edited by lekto on Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
GDH-gentoo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, the linker is complaining about mixing code compiled with -mabi=lp64, with code compiled with -mabi=lp64d. That's not possible. I suppose that the discrepancy is between how GCC was compiled itself (libgcc.a), and how U-Boot is being compiled.
As a packager I just don't want things to get messier with weird build systems and multiple toolchains requirements though :)
lekto
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was bug in fork of u-boot that I was using. I tried to build it natively on Lichee using stage3 lp64 and lp64d and I was always getting this error or other way around. I found somewhere option to force pass letter "d" (in lp64d) to compiler and code build successfully. Unfortunately there were changes in build process and I still can build everything, but it's not working any more.
GDH-gentoo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can tell, U-Boot's configuration option CONFIG_RISCV_ISA_D ("Standard extension for Double-Precision Floating Point") controls whether the bootloader is compiled with LP64 or LP64D ABI.
As a packager I just don't want things to get messier with weird build systems and multiple toolchains requirements though :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: