Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[Solved] Unable to install Steam because of masked ebuilds?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HiltonHotel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:15 pm    Post subject: [Solved] Unable to install Steam because of masked ebuilds? Reply with quote

I followed the official wiki for installing steam on Gentoo, but every time I try to run emerge --ask games-util/steam-launcher I get the following error:

Code:
!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "games-util/game-device-udev-rules" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- games-util/game-device-udev-rules-20220311::gentoo (masked by: ~amd64 keyword)

(dependency required by "games-util/steam-launcher-1.0.0.74-r1::steam-overlay[udev,joystick]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "games-util/steam-launcher" [argument])
For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

I've tried adding games-util/game-device-udev-rules-20220311::gentoo ~amd64 into my packages.accept_keywords file but then I get:

Code:
--- Invalid atom in /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords: games-util/steam-launcher-1.0.0.74-r1::steam-overlay
--- Invalid atom in /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords: games-util/game-device-udev-rules-20220311::gentoo

Any idea how to fix this? I can't find any helpful guides online. Thanks for your time.

Edit: Apparently I was supposed to enter games-util/game-device-udev-rules ~amd64 into packages.accept_keywords, oops. I also needed a sys-libs/ncurses -gpm in packages.use to get everything working.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: