Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marlo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: pietinger
Topic: Umgang mit einem Troll
Post: This whole thread is an accumulation of insults (forbidden and punishable by law in Germany) by pietinger against a user.
Reason: Abuse of power as a moderator

Viciously pursues a user with his comments and actions.

He writes the most vicious insults against users.

He censors, moves and hides user posts in the moderator area because he can't delete the posts.

Uses radical right-wing fighting words.

He hurts religious sentiments.

He is misanthropic and claims that people with little gentoo knowledge are worth nothing.

Result:
He is disturbing the peace of the forum.
By doing so, he damages the good reputation of the Gentoo forum.

Consequence: Not suitable as a Gentoo Moderator.

EDIT 16.06.22
Suggestion of Dispute Settlement:
pietinger should apologize to the user arfe, delete his insults against him and give up his moderator job.

Last edited by Marlo on Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
GDH-gentoo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlo wrote:

Unless someone else in the moderator team also speaks German, this one is going to be hard :P

We are looking into the complaint but its going to be slow. Personally, I don't have any German at all. Putting posts through Google translate didn't help my understanding of the topic either.
It rather reminded me of the machine translation of the English saying "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" into Russian.
The meaning came out as "The meat is rotten but the vodka is good".

I suspect that colloquialisms and language nuances (if German has them) will be important, so machine translation won't help.
Even if its a sentient machine :)

-- NeddySeagoon

As a packager I just don't want things to get messier with weird build systems and multiple toolchains requirements though :)
Goverp
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GDH-gentoo wrote:
Marlo wrote:

Unless someone else in the moderator team also speaks German, this one is going to be hard :P

translate.google.com may be your friend.
(Just remember it may be sentient ;-) ... it? they? what pronouns for a sentient AI?)
Uli Sing
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlo wrote:
EDIT 16.06.22
Suggestion of Dispute Settlement:
pietinger should apologize to the user arfe, delete his insults against him and give up his moderator job.

100 percent agree. Let's get rid of this Weichei pietinger, make Uli mod and I'll show you the meaning of warm anziehen. :twisted:
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Split this here so that it doesn't clutter the reports topic, and is easier to keep track of.

First, apologies for the delay on doing anything about this, but considering we don't have a native speaker for the language needed here in the team (other than the one being involved here that is), it takes a lot more time than usual to act on, if it can be acted upon at all. We are not ignoring the report though, that much is certain.

I still need to go over some of the posts (well, all the posts again now as some time has passed) with a translator helping me before I can really comment on things, but in general I can say that I am confident in that pietinger is doing more good than harm.

In fact, from what I have translated so far, I don't see any harm being done at all, but indeed, I can't say that I can get the full picture of things as someone else who knows the language better would.

I can say that pietinger is not acting alone, is not unnecessarily hiding posts, and has the support of the rest of the team.

I hope I can put more time into this sooner rather than later.

Thanks!
szatox
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm... I don't speak German, but there is one complaint in the report post that caught my eye:
Marlo wrote:
He hurts religious sentiments.

I find your sentiment that anyone else should be blamed for your emotional state deeply insulting, so by your own standard please apologize for offending me as a follower of Balance and Reason.

See what I did there?
Religious sentiments are inherently personal and purely subjective, therefore an offense on this ground can only be taken rather than delivered. It doesn't matter what he did or said about your religion. You can believe whatever you want, but so can everyone else. This also implies that nobody owes your beliefs any respect, as it would rob them of the same right to their own beliefs.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: