View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
szatox
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like it. Would be a shame if I talked you into getting an absurdly expensive paper weight.
AFAIR INPUT_DEVICES is not cumulative, so setting it in make.conf simply overrides the defaults. This would be my first guess for why would your controller stop working right when you got the tablet set.
This Pop!_OS thing though... Huh...
pa4wdh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Mouse/mouse alternetives Reply with quote

Oops, i completely missed all reply's in this thread :oops: so sorry for my late response.

pjp wrote:
The original right-handed version is the one I couldn't use. Before the RSI I probably just thought they were awkward due to insufficient use, but afterward, I never had discomfort come back as quickly as test driving one of these devices. If I recall, the "constant" use of the thumb to move the cursor around was the problem. I don't think I've used the symmetrical version. Sadly, that experience made it unreasonable to try one of the more expensive versions from Kensington (specifically I was interested in the Expert Mouse Pro which had the 6 buttons across the top and I think a scroll wheel).

I actually never understood those "ergonomic" trackballs where you have to move the ball with your thumb, for me it's the worst thing i can do to my hands and although i tried i couldn't get used to it.
With a symmetrical model like the one i linked to you actually move the ball with your index-, middle- and ring finger, which is much better.

pjp wrote:
I'm considering going back to a desktop instead of a laptop (reduced quality, etc.).

If you mean you actually use the laptop's screen, keyboard and pointing device this is a very wise decision. Laptops are great devices but ergonomically they are almost a worst case.

My shared code repository: https://code.pa4wdh.nl.eu.org
Music, Free as in Freedom: https://www.jamendo.com
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: