Steam Game is Lagging! Plz Help
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zedxot
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:04 am    Post subject: Steam Game is Lagging! Plz Help Reply with quote

I installed steam from steam-overlay with eselect repository. I had a folder on my HDD where I used to store the games. I add that folder on my steam library. But the problem was every single games was very slow/laggish. Even the very lightweight games such as Kingdom: Classic & Beavers be Dammed.

I thought It could be because of the HDD. So I moved couple games on my SSD that Gentoo is on. No luck there too. So, I installed a new games called Life is Strange on my Gentoo SSD. Still very lagish.

Then I thought maybe some USE flag is missing. I'm new to Gentoo so I don't have a clear idea of how things work. So, I added every USE flags from there https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Steam#USE_flags. And rebuild the Steam. Still no luck.

The same installation of games is working smoothly in my Arch system, even from the HDD.

I don't know if it's related or not, I have 3 disks. 1 SSD for Arch, 1 SSD for Gentoo, and 1 HDD for games' files, movies, animes, and other personal documents, etc.
psycho
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zedxot.

What graphics driver are you using? For example, maybe your Arch system was using the proprietary Nvidia driver, but on Gentoo you installed nouveau instead? If you post your
Code:
emerge --info
we'll be able to see how you've set things up and will be more likely to be able to help.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: