(solved) Wanted to share how I got iwd to work
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
<3
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:32 am    Post subject: (solved) Wanted to share how I got iwd to work Reply with quote

For months I could not understand why I couldn't get iwd + networkmanager to work. This was a fresh gentoo install, but I have not got wifi to work since I reinstalled. My previous installation used Networkmanager + wpa_supplicant. I followed the Gentoo Wiki for both idw and Networkmanager. I was all about to give up and just fall back to wpa_supplicant which worked without any issues on my previous install. There was no useful information in /var/log for iwd or networkmanager and nothing suspicious in dmesg.

It was not until I noticed that the iwd service was crashing that that I ran
Code:
/usr/libexec/iwd -d

and noticed that iwd was complaining about not being able to find resolvconf.

So I reemerged Networkmanager with USE=resolvconf then restarted both iwd and Networkmanager. I am happy to report that everything now works. I have no question. I just wanted to share in case someone else has this same issue. I am sad that it took me this long to find a solution but I'm glad it finally works.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: