Strange keyboard behavior
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerbu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 7:34 pm    Post subject: Strange keyboard behavior Reply with quote

This is very similar to the numerous posts regarding the keyboard not working after install.

I have the same problem, after installing, no usb keyboard or mouse(can tell by no light on optical mouse). :cry:
I've followed the various solutions to no avail. The problem occurs even when using the precompiled stages.

I have another mb, via based board with a celery, onboard everything except video. Gentoo works grand on that one, love it to death.

The really odd thing is, if I boot from the handy dandy 1.4_rc1 livecd, everything works wonderfully. 8O

So, the only variable that would make sense, is something in the kernel compile(I doubt vcron or grub is killing my usb, lol). Since the livecd kernel works fine, where could I find the config file that was used to compile that kernel? I've tried copying the kernel from the livecd to my boot partition, but that wouldn't finish booting.

Further blathering, I've had this problem on two motherboards. A via 133a and my new 845G mb. USB would not work right on the via 133a board during a mandrake install and I wanted a new mb anyway, so I got the 845g, hoping the problem would go away. The problem is no longer occuring in mandrake, but my gentoo problems persist. :?
CrossProgramming
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:13 am    Post subject: Had the same thing Reply with quote

I had a similar problem. I have a PS/2 keyboard and a USB mouse and my keyboard would not work. I had USB support biult into the kernal, but it would not work. Never got a fix, just unplugged my mouse and the keyboard worked fine. Tried another distro and had the same problem.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: