ebuild for dev-utils/nvidia-cuda-toolkit to suit legacy GPU
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
russellD
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 10:16 am    Post subject: ebuild for dev-utils/nvidia-cuda-toolkit to suit legacy GPU Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Quadro K3000M and need help with getting a working nvidia-cuda-toolkit that supports the x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-390.147
This is to enable cuda support in Blender.
With the default setting for nvidia-drivers-470.103.01 this pulls in nvidia-cuda-toolkit-11.5.1-r1 which no longer supports the K3000M
So Blender compiled with this nvidia-cuda-toolkit-11.5.1-r1 can't see any of the cuda cores in the K3000M.

However, Nvidia still have the legacy nvidia-cuda-toolkits still available here: https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit-archive
The relevant file is going to be either cuda-toolkit-9.0 or 9.1 or 9.2.
So it could be possible to use one of these cuda-toolkit to build a dev-utils/nvidia-cuda-toolkit to support the K3000M.

Rather than "reinvent the wheel" I thought it might be easier to find an ebuild.
However, I can't find it in my search via Google or Way Back Machine.
Is there a library of legacy Gentoo ebuilds that could be used in a custom repository?

Or is there a better way to get this card's cuda cores seen by Blender ? Without having to dump Gentoo and move to a .deb based distro?

Your help is appreciated!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: