Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
How to use the same Qt theme for each Qt app with Qt5Ct?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g-virus
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject: How to use the same Qt theme for each Qt app with Qt5Ct? Reply with quote

Hello, community

Basically there are two questions: how to setup qt5ct properly and is it possible to use Gtk3 theme in Qt apps (not a converted one)?

Regarding qt5ct, I've built one by myself (not from Portage) and followed the guide of how to set up a theme, but seems like I do something wrong because nothing is changing when I editing the settings. For example, I've tried to set the dark built-in theme, but the Qt apps are still white. The theme is being saved correctly, but seems like it is not applied to the apps afterwards. QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=qt5ct is set systemwide in X11 init scripts so the apps are definitely can see it. Please give some ideas of what I could miss in the configuration. All the Qt apps are installed in the home directory and built by myself, I don't set them up from Portage as well as Qt itself is a user-local installation.

Regarding the Gtk3 theme - I found a theme that I like but I think it is only for Gtk and there is no the same Qt-based theme. Is it possible to set this theme for Qt apps or I should convert it somehow?

Thanks in advance!
jpp_
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi g-virus
Working fine here with a custom desktop in wayland.

Did you try to use (and emerge) portage version of qt5ct and some app to see if the theme are applied that way?
Where do you define the variable QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=qt5ct ? You have the proper dependencies installed and well configured? qtgui maybe?

what happens if you launch the app with the variable fisrt?
for example
# QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=qt5ct kate

Regards
g-virus
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said in the post above I set the variable systemwide, in the X11 init scripts and the variable is available in env command. When the variable is not set the Qt5Ct complains about it (it my case it doesn't so I assume it is defined properly)

Yes, the dependencies are definitely installed, otherwise the Qt apps wouldn't launch. I didn't try to emerge it from Portage because I don't have Qt5 installed from Portage as well, for personal reasons, but I'm sure there is no problem with that. All the Qt apps work and depend on my local Qt installation, even proprietary software like Navicat or TeamSpeak 3, however they don't accord to the Qt5Ct's style. Even Qt5Ct itself doesn't apply the style defined by itself while it shows the correct style in the preview in the app. If I set the environment variable just before the app launch it still doesn't apply the theme
g-virus
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there an alternative way to set up Qt theme?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: