Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Dantrell's GNOME Without Systemd Project (Part 4)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vozhyk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject: x11-libs/vte-0.60.3 fails to build Reply with quote

I've almost upgraded my system to latest stable Gentoo, but stayed with dantrell-gnome-3-36. The last thing remaining for the world upgrade is rebuilding x11-libs/vte-0.60.3::dantrell-gnome-3-36 with python 3.9. That fails with: http://sprunge.us/HSANBC .
emerge --info: http://sprunge.us/BRI0s1 .
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
HarfBuzz-0.0.gir:370.5-373.24: error: `hb_.language_t' not supported as type for constants

Probably vte-0.60.3 isn't compatible with your media-libs/harfbuzz version installed.

Code:
ERROR: dev-vcs/git-imerge-1.1.0::local failed (depend phase):
 *   No supported implementation in PYTHON_COMPAT.

Here you should update your ebuild with a python target supported

Code:
 - * ERROR: media-sound/tuxguitar-1.5.1::Krontage failed (depend phase):
 *   fdo-mime.eclass could not be found by inherit()

The fdo-mime eclass was removed from tree so you should update ebuild removing this eclass
vozhyk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips!

fedeliallalinea wrote:
Code:
HarfBuzz-0.0.gir:370.5-373.24: error: `hb_.language_t' not supported as type for constants

Probably vte-0.60.3 isn't compatible with your media-libs/harfbuzz version installed.

I had harfbuzz-2.8.2-r1 from ~amd64 installed unintentionally (because I accepted the keyword for all versions of harfbuzz to satisfy firefox ~amd64 at some point). However, downgrading to the stable version (2.8.1) has not helped - I get the same error when building vte.

fedeliallalinea wrote:
Code:
ERROR: dev-vcs/git-imerge-1.1.0::local failed (depend phase):
 *   No supported implementation in PYTHON_COMPAT.

Here you should update your ebuild with a python target supported

Code:
 - * ERROR: media-sound/tuxguitar-1.5.1::Krontage failed (depend phase):
 *   fdo-mime.eclass could not be found by inherit()

The fdo-mime eclass was removed from tree so you should update ebuild removing this eclass

Yes, I intend to do this soon. I did not omit this part from the paste so that I wouldn't hide the issues that seem unrelated to me but might actually be related.
simonvanderveldt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small question: Any idea why this is happening? I'm using 3.38 and I don't have anything with regards to meson in my portage config.
Code:
!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy ">=dev-util/meson-0.57.0" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- dev-util/meson-9999::gentoo (masked by: package.mask, missing keyword)
- dev-util/meson-0.59.1-r1::gentoo (masked by: package.mask, ~amd64 keyword)
- dev-util/meson-0.58.2-r1::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
- dev-util/meson-0.58.1::dantrell-gnome (masked by: missing keyword)
- dev-util/meson-0.57.2::dantrell-gnome (masked by: missing keyword)

(dependency required by "x11-misc/shared-mime-info-2.0-r2::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "games-util/steam-launcher-1.0.0.70-r1::steam-overlay" [installed])
(dependency required by "@games" [set])
(dependency required by "@selected" [set])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])
For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

Been happening since 3 or so days.
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
- dev-util/meson-0.58.1::dantrell-gnome (masked by: missing keyword)

You have masked meson::gentoo in /etc/portage/package.mask?
Hu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonvanderveldt wrote:
Small question: Any idea why this is happening?
According to the output:
  • A ::gentoo package needs a newer version of meson.
  • The new enough versions in ::gentoo are masked.
  • The new enough versions in ::dantrell-gnome are not keyworded.
Possible solutions:
  • Unmask the one in ::gentoo. First, find why it is masked, and determine if the mask is still important.
  • Ask dantrell to keyword a newer version in his overlay.
  • Mask the ::gentoo package that needs the newer meson.
simonvanderveldt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have meson 0.56.2 installed, the x11-misc/shared-mime-info-2.0-r2 ebuild doesn't list any specific version requirements for meson
https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/blob/83ef1b452aa6ff8e509f4f1bc93c3493d3b4508d/x11-misc/shared-mime-info/shared-mime-info-2.0-r2.ebuild
but meson.eclass from the gentoo tree does list
Code:
>=dev-util/meson-0.57.
as a dependency (https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/blob/83ef1b452aa6ff8e509f4f1bc93c3493d3b4508d/eclass/meson.eclass#L50).
meson.eclass from dantrell's overlay only has
Code:
>=dev-util/meson-0.47.2
(https://github.com/dantrell/gentoo-overlay-dantrell-gnome/blob/e08e5e8a217a7487f57c11111cd0c39aa2b7eb3c/eclass/meson.eclass#L57), so that's probably the cause.
I assumed dantrell's version of meson.eclass would be used, but maybe it isn't. Is there a way to check which eclass is being used and why that one is being used?

Last edited by simonvanderveldt on Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonvanderveldt wrote:

Sorry, real life is still crazy.

I also haven't been getting any email alerts for this support thread, I randomly checked just now and saw a small backlog. :(

I'm pretty sure I fixed this issue locally but simply didn't commit my changes. Since I have time today I'll be syncing things and rolling out updates as needed.

Stay tuned...

Edit: Sync up and you should be good to go, probably. :o

vozhyk wrote:
I've almost upgraded my system to latest stable Gentoo, but stayed with dantrell-gnome-3-36. The last thing remaining for the world upgrade is rebuilding x11-libs/vte-0.60.3::dantrell-gnome-3-36 with python 3.9. That fails with: http://sprunge.us/HSANBC .

fedeliallalinea wrote:
Code:

vozhyk wrote:
I had harfbuzz-2.8.2-r1 from ~amd64 installed unintentionally (because I accepted the keyword for all versions of harfbuzz to satisfy firefox ~amd64 at some point). However, downgrading to the stable version (2.8.1) has not helped - I get the same error when building vte.

For the record, I was able to reproduce this issue.

To resolve it, I choose to further restrict the versions of Vala which VTE builds against for GNOME 3.36 and newer (but I'll have to come up with another solution for older GNOME release versions).
simonvanderveldt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
simonvanderveldt wrote:

Sorry, real life is still crazy.

I also haven't been getting any email alerts for this support thread, I randomly checked just now and saw a small backlog. :(

I'm pretty sure I fixed this issue locally but simply didn't commit my changes. Since I have time today I'll be syncing things and rolling out updates as needed.

Stay tuned...

Edit: Sync up and you should be good to go, probably. :o

That's OK, real life's more imporant :)

Unfortunately no such luck
Code:
!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy ">=dev-util/meson-0.57.0" have been masked.
- dev-util/meson-0.59.1-r1::dantrell-gnome (masked by: missing keyword)
- dev-util/meson-0.58.2-r1::dantrell-gnome (masked by: missing keyword)

(dependency required by "dev-libs/jsoncpp-1.9.4::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-util/cmake-3.20.5::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "media-libs/vulkan-loader-1.2.182::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "games-util/mangohud-0.4.1::simonvanderveldt" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "@games" [set])
(dependency required by "@selected" [set])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])

mangohud is in my local overlay. I add dantrell-gnome to the master config option if layout.conf in my local overlay to make sure it would use meson.eclass from ::dantrell-gnome, which worked, but then apparently it still ends up with a package from ::gentoo (jsoncpp) which picks ::gentoo's meson.eclass. I think there's no way for an overlay to override/provide an eclass to be used by everything/all other repos including ::gentoo, right? Packages from ::gentoo will always use eclasses from ::gentoo.

I guess I'll just unmask meson 0.58.2-r1 like in gentoo stable. Is there anything to keep an eye out for/any particular reason you're masking meson::gentoo/using an older version of it?
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonvanderveldt wrote:

That warning is because I only checked ~ and forgot to stabilize a couple releases for stable.

Please sync up and check again.

simonvanderveldt wrote:
Is there [...] any particular reason you're masking meson::gentoo/using an older version of it?

I selectively mask some versions of Vala because Meson seem to easily get regressions and also some packages are very particular about which versions of Meson they build against, particularly older packages (which I'm probably going to be forced to patch at some point since Meson isn't slotted).

However, working version of Mesons aren't masked, they are just slotted in ~.
simonvanderveldt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
simonvanderveldt wrote:

That warning is because I only checked ~ and forgot to stabilize a couple releases for stable.

Please sync up and check again.

simonvanderveldt wrote:
Is there [...] any particular reason you're masking meson::gentoo/using an older version of it?

I selectively mask some versions of Vala because Meson seem to easily get regressions and also some packages are very particular about which versions of Meson they build against, particularly older packages (which I'm probably going to be forced to patch at some point since Meson isn't slotted).

However, working version of Mesons aren't masked, they are just slotted in ~.

OK, all clear, thanks for the explanation. I was just looking at this https://github.com/dantrell/gentoo-overlay-dantrell-gnome/blob/c47b7791fc1ac55daca779bbb75c8b4d35188f6f/profiles/package.mask#L114 which I assumed would apply to all of your overlays.

The meson masked issue is fixed after syncing, but I now get a nice blocker :P
Code:

[blocks B      ] <dev-util/gdbus-codegen-2.66.8 ("<dev-util/gdbus-codegen-2.66.8" is blocking dev-libs/glib-2.66.8)
(dev-util/gdbus-codegen-2.66.7:0/0::dantrell-gnome, installed) pulled in by
... (long list of packages pulling in gdbus-codegen)
(dev-libs/glib-2.66.8:2/66::dantrell-gnome, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
... (even longer list of packages pulling in glib)

I can post the whole thing if you want, but it's pretty long.
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonvanderveldt wrote:
OK, all clear, thanks for the explanation. I was just looking at this [...] which I assumed would apply to all of your overlays.

Those mask files do apply to the overlay they reside in but you might be misunderstanding their purpose.

They are automatically generated when a package is forked to make sure the forked package has priority. The older the GNOME release version, the more important this is.

The project overlays have always been structured this way so you can't always take the initial warning from Portage at face value (e.g. if Portage says that all ebuilds that could satisfy the requirements have been masked, it probably just means the package isn't slotted in stable).

simonvanderveldt wrote:

[...]

As for this one... without the full output my best guess is that it is also stabilization related.

I accounted the most likely culprit so sync up and see if that did it.
simonvanderveldt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
simonvanderveldt wrote:
OK, all clear, thanks for the explanation. I was just looking at this [...] which I assumed would apply to all of your overlays.

Those mask files do apply to the overlay they reside in but you might be misunderstanding their purpose.

They are automatically generated when a package is forked to make sure the forked package has priority. The older the GNOME release version, the more important this is.

The project overlays have always been structured this way so you can't always take the initial warning from Portage at face value (e.g. if Portage says that all ebuilds that could satisfy the requirements have been masked, it probably just means the package isn't slotted in stable).

simonvanderveldt wrote:

[...]

As for this one... without the full output my best guess is that it is also stabilization related.

I accounted the most likely culprit so sync up and see if that did it.

Thanks for the clarification!

And thanks for the fix! All working again :)
saboya
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I switched over to Gentoo's gnome stuff, since I was using systemd anyway, but I want to post this here as it might help some people:

While I was using your overlay, at some point I started to have issues with ' and " for some reason (I'm brazilian, using pt_BR locale). Turns out it was a gtk change, that is now reverted but I believe it's still in effect in your overlay (it went away when I upgraded to Gnome 40)

This is the commit that reverted the change, and a patch I strongly suggest you apply to the 3.38 series: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/commit/fdf71e13c49409247f580fc85e401ba9cc526887

I believe the affected versions are >=3.24.28 and <4.2

*eidt* - And might I point out, another short-sighted, completely unnecessary and very annoying change made by the Gnome people.
simonvanderveldt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day! Hope all is well :)

I believe babl needs a bump to >=0.1.86 given the recent stabilization of gimp 2.10.28 which requires at least this version of babl :)

It also seems like inkscape needs some updates because it's blocking a boost upgrade because it still depends on boost:0/1.76.0
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonvanderveldt wrote:
Good day! Hope all is well :)

Things have been pretty quiet in the support thread lately so I haven't been as zealous on getting updates out (still primarily focused on real life). :?

The project is still active though and I'm slowly working my way through the backlog. For instance, I recently rebuilt every available GNOME release version against GCC 11. I probably built somewhere around 1,500 unique packages and only 2 refuse to cooperate with GCC 11 (one is fine with GCC 10 and the other won't let go of GCC 9).

simonvanderveldt wrote:
I believe babl needs a bump to >=0.1.86 given the recent stabilization of gimp 2.10.28 which requires at least this version of babl :)

I confirmed that GIMP was stabilized ahead of babl and accounted for that accordingly.

simonvanderveldt wrote:
It also seems like inkscape needs some updates because it's blocking a boost upgrade because it still depends on boost:0/1.76.0

The provided Inkscape ebuilds depend on either >=dev-libs/boost-1.36:= or >=dev-libs/boost-1.65:= and will correctly trigger a rebuild on a boost update.

You might want to check this again on your end (maybe the actual issue is that it wants Inkscape 1.1 stabilized for some odd reason).

saboya wrote:
While I was using your overlay, at some point I started to have issues with ' and " for some reason (I'm brazilian, using pt_BR locale). Turns out it was a gtk change, that is now reverted but I believe it's still in effect in your overlay (it went away when I upgraded to Gnome 40)

This is the commit that reverted the change, and a patch I strongly suggest you apply to the 3.38 series: [...]

I believe the affected versions are >=3.24.28 and <4.2.

As for this, I looked into it and after seeing a revert, followed by a revert revert and then a revert revert revert and so on, I had a hard time telling which versions were actually affected without testing pt_BR locale myself. Maybe next time. :o
simonvanderveldt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear you're still on it and hope everything is going well with real life :)

Nice to see that few things seem to break with the GCC upgrade, we've had more problematic upgrades in the past.

I just synced and portage seems to be able to get to some resolution now, so that's nice :)
Do still have one thing blocking the gimp upgrade though
Code:
!!! The following update has been skipped due to unsatisfied dependencies:

media-gfx/gimp:0

selected: (media-gfx/gimp-2.10.22-r3:0/2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
  skipped: (media-gfx/gimp-2.10.28-r1:0/2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) (see unsatisfied dependency below)

!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy ">=media-libs/gegl-0.4.32:0.4[cairo]" have been masked.
- media-libs/gegl-9999::gentoo (masked by: package.mask, missing keyword)
- media-libs/gegl-0.4.32::dantrell-gnome (masked by: missing keyword)
- media-libs/gegl-0.4.32::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)

(dependency required by "media-gfx/gimp-2.10.28-r1::gentoo" [ebuild])

Inkscape is indeed fine now, a rebuild for it was triggered by the boost upgrade, so that's nice :)
Code:
  (dev-libs/boost-1.77.0-r4:0/1.77.0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) causes rebuilds for:
    (net-libs/libtorrent-rasterbar-1.2.14-r1:0/10::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (media-gfx/inkscape-1.0.2-r2:0/0::dantrell-gnome, ebuild scheduled for merge)

Not sure what I was seeing before, maybe I was looking at gentoo's version of the package.

Thanks again for the bumps/fixes!
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonvanderveldt wrote:
Do still have one thing blocking the gimp upgrade though [...]

Ahh, I forgot about GEGL. Sync up and you should be good to go.

simonvanderveldt wrote:

Cheers. :wink:
simonvanderveldt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
simonvanderveldt wrote:
Do still have one thing blocking the gimp upgrade though [...]

Ahh, I forgot about GEGL. Sync up and you should be good to go.

simonvanderveldt wrote:

Cheers. :wink:

Gimp upgrade went through now, thanks!
simonvanderveldt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted to do some updates today, that included webkit-gtk-2.34.2
Code:
[ebuild     U  ]  net-libs/webkit-gtk-2.34.2:4/37::dantrell-gnome [2.28.4-r1:4/37::dantrell-gnome] USE="X gnome-keyring introspection jpeg2k (jumbo-build) seccomp (-aqua) -avif% -egl -examples -gamepad -geolocation -gles2-only -gstreamer -gtk-doc -lcms% -libnotify (-opengl) -spell (-systemd) -test -wayland" 24,411 KiB

But it failed with the following error:
Code:
In file included from /var/tmp/portage/net-libs/webkit-gtk-2.34.2/work/webkitgtk-2.34.2/Source/WebKit/WebProcess/WebPage/CoordinatedGraphics/DrawingAreaCoordinatedGraphics.cpp:32,
                 from DerivedSources/WebKit/unified-sources/UnifiedSource-54928a2b-35.cpp:8:
/var/tmp/portage/net-libs/webkit-gtk-2.34.2/work/webkitgtk-2.34.2/Source/WebKit/WebProcess/WebPage/CoordinatedGraphics/LayerTreeHost.h:41:10: fatal error: WebCore/CoordinatedGraphicsLayer.h: No such file or directory
   41 | #include <WebCore/CoordinatedGraphicsLayer.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

Seems like you're already including a patch for this (https://github.com/dantrell/gentoo-overlay-dantrell-gnome/blob/7d47589bbb89e2043381f359018336f5ab7e490d/net-libs/webkit-gtk/webkit-gtk-2.34.2.ebuild#L174) which was also applied
Code:
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/net-libs/webkit-gtk-2.34.2/work/webkitgtk-2.34.2 ...
 * Applying webkit-gtk-2.34.1-opengl-without-X-fixes.patch ...                                                                                                                                                                         [ ok ]
 * Source directory (CMAKE_USE_DIR): "/var/tmp/portage/net-libs/webkit-gtk-2.34.2/work/webkitgtk-2.34.2"
 * Build directory  (BUILD_DIR):     "/var/tmp/portage/net-libs/webkit-gtk-2.34.2/work/webkit-gtk-2.34.2_build"
 * Disabling deprecation warnings ...

but it somehow still failed.

Any idea what could be going wrong?
Might need some additional patches like https://git.yoctoproject.org/poky/plain/meta/recipes-sato/webkit/webkitgtk/0001-Fix-build-without-opengl-or-es.patch?
Not sure why this isn't failing for more people since the patch you're using the same as used by gentoo.
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonvanderveldt wrote:
Wanted to do some updates today, that included webkit-gtk-2.34.2 [...]

simonvanderveldt wrote:
Seems like you're already including a patch for this [...]

simonvanderveldt wrote:
Any idea what could be going wrong?

This is a separate build failure from the one that's already patched.

It looks like this one is tripped by building WebKitGTK without the egl and/or opengl USE flags enabled.

Although, I'm actually not sure why the opengl USE flag is masked for WebKitGTK on your end when it should actually be enforced because while WebKitGTK should build with it disabled it sometimes doesn't so it's technically not really optional.

But I digress...

simonvanderveldt wrote:
Might need some additional patches like [...]

Thanks for the link.

This patch looks like it'll get the job done and doesn't conflict with anything so I'll be applying it on my end. Stay tuned...

simonvanderveldt wrote:
Not sure why this isn't failing for more people since the patch you're using the same as used by gentoo.

For my end, it's because of what I said earlier.

For Gentoo's end, it's probably because while Gentoo doesn't force enable the opengl USE flag for webkit-gtk specifically, it does have the opengl USE flag in make.defaults for desktop profiles. If that USE flag is disabled in Gentoo the same build failure will probably crop up on that end.
simonvanderveldt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, clear. I disabled pretty much all USE flags on webkit-gtk because I only "need" it for gnome-online-accounts, trying to keep the compilation and dependencies of all these annoying separate web engine libraries as minimal as possible.
I masked and disabled the opengl USE flag about 2 years ago because of this, but I can enable it again if this is an untested/unsupported config.
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonvanderveldt wrote:
OK, clear. I disabled pretty much all USE flags on webkit-gtk because I only "need" it for gnome-online-accounts, trying to keep the compilation and dependencies of all these annoying separate web engine libraries as minimal as possible.

I know what you mean since I have a couple packages configured like that locally.

You just gotta watch out for build failures because in my experience upstreams rarely expect users to disable everything. :P

simonvanderveldt wrote:
I masked and disabled the opengl USE flag about 2 years ago because of this, but I can enable it again if this is an untested/unsupported config.

That said, sync up and you should be good to go.

If it still fails to build you'll probably have to re-enable the opengl USE flag for this package while I investigate.
simonvanderveldt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell wrote:
simonvanderveldt wrote:

I know what you mean since I have a couple packages configured like that locally.

You just gotta watch out for build failures because in my experience upstreams rarely expect users to disable everything. :P

simonvanderveldt wrote:

That said, sync up and you should be good to go.

If it still fails to build you'll probably have to re-enable the opengl USE flag for this package while I investigate.

Sorry, bit slow with the feedback, but it worked :) Thanks for the fix!
simonvanderveldt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got hit by a large amount of rebuilds yesterday, not really sure why tbh, but one of them is cairo which fails with
Code:
 * Messages for package x11-libs/cairo-1.16.0-r5:

* ERROR: x11-libs/cairo-1.16.0-r5::dantrell-gnome failed (configure phase):
 *   USE Flag 'elibc_FreeBSD' not in IUSE for x11-libs/cairo-1.16.0-r5

Seems like you might need this change? https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/commit/e82d5d39c2feca2bc396b857491a1f6f15f80ee6

[edit] And another one
Code:
 * ERROR: sys-apps/dbus-1.12.20-r3::dantrell-gnome failed (configure phase):
 *   USE Flag 'kernel_FreeBSD' not in IUSE for sys-apps/dbus-1.12.20-r3

[edit2] Seems like Polkit also needs an update, see https://bugs.gentoo.org/832057

This might be a good moment to ask what you think about your overlay vs what's in the gentoo tree nowadays and if it's worth it to keep maintaining/using it?
The support for GNOME without systemd has been in the gentoo tree for a while now, so I expect most of it should be working fine? I guess there might still be some areas that aren't ideal? Would be interested in your opinion on it.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: