View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mani001
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject: Lost markdown preview in Kate [solved] Reply with quote

Hi,

a few days ago markdown preview on the right hand side of Kate stopped working. Now I just see white space. I tried re-emerging kde-misc/kmarkdownwebview and, afterwards (after it didn't work), its dependencies

Code:
emerge -1 kde-frameworks/kconfigwidgets kde-frameworks/kcoreaddons kde-frameworks/kio kde-frameworks/kparts kde-frameworks/kxmlgui

Anyone else experiencing this? It's quite weird since I only get this at my office's computer but not the one I have at home :-/

Cheers.

Last edited by mani001 on Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should install also at least one of package among kde-misc/kmarkdownwebview or kde-misc/markdownpart.
mani001
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already had kde-misc/kmarkdownwebview installed (and re-emerged it). I also installed kde-misc/markdownpart, just in case...but no, that's not it. Moreover, I have the markdown USE flag, and a couple of weeks ago it was working like a charm :?

If I choose markdownpart (instead of kmarkdownwebviewpart) in the embedded file associations for markdown, it kind of works but it seems the preview provided by markdownpart is not as good as the one provided by kmarkdownwebviewpart (worse-looking, and no real-time updates)

EDIT:

I take it back: markdownpart is just fine. Real-time update actually works. I might have forgotten to toggle on the corresponding (sort of "play") button. Also, it seems it's the way to go since it's a maintained piece of software (https://invent.kde.org/utilities/markdownpart) unlike KMarkdownWebView (https://github.com/KDE/kmarkdownwebview)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: