View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aslantis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject: Question about technical details of X DDX drivers Reply with quote

Hello there, I got a question about how xf86-video-amdgpu works.

Long story short, there have long been patches to some userspace programs for better/working support for the sony playstation 4. I have found patches that work with the most up to date versions of mesa, libdrm, and xf86-video-ati. However, the latest patch for xf86-video-amdgpu I could find is for version 19. So, I was just about to update the patch for the latest version, 21 if I reckon. But, here is my question.

If you look at the original ps4 patch for xf86-video-amdgpu
https://github.com/fail0verflow/ps4-radeon-patches/blob/master/xf86-video-amdgpu-1.2.0-liverpool.patch
It adds detection for the liverpool gpu (The gpu present on the ps4) and fixes the hardware cursor. But, if you look at the latest patch, all it does is fix the hardware cursor (latest for psxita too, not just ps4gentoo)
https://github.com/paranoidbashthot/ps4-overlay/blob/master/x11-drivers/xf86-video-amdgpu/files/amdgpu.patch

So, is that because those things are no longer handled by those X11 ddx drivers, or because whoever wrote that patch didn’t bother with getting the other things working? If I want to write a patch for ps4 support, I want to do it right.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: