Multi-monitor through Dell USB-C Dock not working on startup
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkMoon74
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:55 am    Post subject: Multi-monitor through Dell USB-C Dock not working on startup Reply with quote

Following on from my previous post Help getting Nvidia GeForce MX450 working properly, I'm looking to get my bootup working properly. I'm using display-manager with SLIM and FVWM. I've got a Dell USB-C dock that connects to two monitors, a keyboard, and a mouse. When that is attached at boot, when display-manager starts up, I get a blank, backlit laptop display, and the two monitors show no signal. If I disconnect, go to console (CTL + ALT + F1), and restart display-manager, or boot without the USB-C dock connected, it starts SLIM fine. Once logged in, I can connect the dock, use xrandr to configure the two external montiors, and restart FVWM, and everything works fine.

I've had a look at Xorg.0.log for a multi-screen boot and single-screen, and it appears the main difference is this error, which appears twice in the logs:

Quote:
(EE) dbus-core: error connecting to system bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.FileNotFound (Failed to connect to socket /run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory)

I've tried to look that up, but haven't come up with a solution yet. I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction, or tell me I'm not looking at the right error. The two logs are here:

Xorg.0.log-single - https://pastebin.com/yQG02n2G
Xorg.0.log-multi - https://pastebin.com/fPxRR2dj
turtles
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your log:
Quote:
[ 155.732] (II) NVIDIA(G0): ACPI: failed to connect to the ACPI event daemon; the daemon
[ 155.732] (II) NVIDIA(G0): may not be running or the "AcpidSocketPath" X
[ 155.732] (II) NVIDIA(G0): configuration option may not be set correctly. When the
[ 155.732] (II) NVIDIA(G0): ACPI event daemon is available, the NVIDIA X driver will
[ 155.732] (II) NVIDIA(G0): try to use it to receive ACPI event notifications. For
[ 155.732] (II) NVIDIA(G0): details, please see the "ConnectToAcpid" and
[ 155.732] (II) NVIDIA(G0): "AcpidSocketPath" X configuration options in Appendix B: X
[ 155.732] (II) NVIDIA(G0): Config Options in the README.
[ 155.749] (II) NVIDIA(G0): Setting mode "NULL"

Seems like setting mode to NULL might be an issue?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: