I think... I broke my portage system...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gyeongmin Go
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:01 am    Post subject: I think... I broke my portage system... Reply with quote

I don't know how to fix it...
Does anyone who can help me with this?

Code:

$ emerge --oneshot {anything, even --sync also failed}

Calculating dependencies... done!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/emerge", line 53, in <module>
    retval = emerge_main()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/_emerge/main.py", line 1288, in emerge_main
    return run_action(emerge_config)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/_emerge/actions.py", line 3325, in run_action
    retval = action_build(emerge_config, spinner=spinner)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/_emerge/actions.py", line 340, in action_build
    settings, trees, myopts, myparams, myaction, myfiles, spinner)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/_emerge/depgraph.py", line 9749, in backtrack_depgraph
    myaction, myfiles, spinner)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/_emerge/depgraph.py", line 9786, in _backtrack_depgraph
    success, favorites = mydepgraph.select_files(myfiles)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/_emerge/depgraph.py", line 3937, in select_files
    return self._select_files(args)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/_emerge/depgraph.py", line 3946, in _select_files
    self._load_vdb()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/_emerge/depgraph.py", line 670, in _load_vdb
    scheduler.start()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/_emerge/AsynchronousTask.py", line 30, in start
    self._start()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/portage/util/_async/AsyncScheduler.py", line 90, in _start
    self._schedule()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/_emerge/PollScheduler.py", line 154, in _schedule
    self._schedule_tasks()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/portage/util/_async/AsyncScheduler.py", line 66, in _schedule_tasks
    task.start()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/_emerge/AsynchronousTask.py", line 30, in start
    self._start()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/_emerge/EbuildMetadataPhase.py", line 59, in _start
    self._async_wait()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/_emerge/AbstractPollTask.py", line 99, in _async_wait
    self._unregister()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/_emerge/EbuildMetadataPhase.py", line 147, in _unregister
    self.scheduler.remove_reader(self._files.ebuild)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'ebuild'
Gyeongmin Go
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:06 am    Post subject: And one more thing... Reply with quote

Previously I was trying to update my portage from EAPI 6 to EAPI 7.
But whenever I try to run "emerge --oneshot portage" I encountered following error message.

Code:

/usr/bin/python3.6: Error while finding module specification for 'portage._compat_upgrade.default_locations' (ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'portage._compat_upgrade')
 * ERROR: sys-apps/portage-2.3.69::gentoo failed (preinst phase):
 *   (no error message)
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line  90:  Called pkg_preinst
 *   environment, line 3262:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       env -u DISTDIR -u PORTAGE_OVERRIDE_EPREFIX -u PORTAGE_REPOSITORIES -u PORTDIR -u PORTDIR_OVERLAY PYTHONPATH="${D%/}${PYTHON_SITEDIR}${PYTHONPATH:+:${PYTHONPATH}}" "${PYTHON}" -m portage._compat_upgrade.default_locations || die;
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=sys-apps/portage-2.3.69::gentoo'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=sys-apps/portage-2.3.69::gentoo'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/portage-2.3.69/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/portage-2.3.69/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/._portage_reinstall_.x_k25zvy/pym'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/portage-2.3.69/work/portage-2.3.69'

Due to that, I decided to install "portage" manually by downloading portage-2.3.69.tar.gz directly from gentoo web site, and I encountered previous message.
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: And one more thing... Reply with quote

Welcome to gentoo forums!

Gyeongmin Go wrote:
Due to that, I decided to install "portage" manually by downloading portage-2.3.69.tar.gz directly from gentoo web site, and I encountered previous message.

How you installed portage manually?
Anyway try to unpack portage-2.3.69.tar.bz2 in /root and then run /root/portage-2.3.69/bin/emerge -1 portage, if portage install and run correctly remove /root/portage-2.3.69 directory
Gyeongmin Go
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: And one more thing... Reply with quote

fedeliallalinea wrote:
Welcome to gentoo forums!

Gyeongmin Go wrote:

How you installed portage manually?
Anyway try to unpack portage-2.3.69.tar.bz2 in /root and then run /root/portage-2.3.69/bin/emerge -1 portage, if portage install and run correctly remove /root/portage-2.3.69 directory

Thanks! It works! :D
leo.the_zoo
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It helped me as well when I was trying to start updating an old install of Gentoo. I only had to move the uncompressed portage to /opt; otherwise ebuild.sh was not accessible from /root.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: