Quick Search: in
[SOLVED] Pipewire doesn't see audio card and HDMI outputs
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Pipewire doesn't see audio card and HDMI outputs Reply with quote

Recently I noticed that pipewire doesn't see my HDMI and built-in sound card. Bluetooth sound works, but I can't connect wired headphones or microphone.
I installed alsa-utils to check is it alsa or not and alsamixer doesn't start:
Code:
ALSA lib /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/alsa-lib-1.2.4/work/alsa-lib-1.2.4/src/conf.c:3819:(config_file_open) cannot access file /etc/alsa/conf.d/50-pulseaudio.conf
ALSA lib /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/alsa-lib-1.2.4/work/alsa-lib-1.2.4/src/conf.c:3739:(snd_config_hooks_call) function snd_config_hook_load returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/alsa-lib-1.2.4/work/alsa-lib-1.2.4/src/conf.c:4203:(snd_config_update_r) hooks failed, removing configuration
cannot open mixer: No such file or directory

/etc/alsa/conf.d/50-pulseaudio.conf points to /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf.d/50-pulseaudio.conf which doesn't exist as I don't use pulseaudio.

This happened after I'd copied all system to new drive. I copied with preserved permissions, btw.

Last edited by 419787. on Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
garrison
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

winswin wrote:

/etc/alsa/conf.d/50-pulseaudio.conf points to /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf.d/50-pulseaudio.conf which doesn't exist as I don't use pulseaudio.

This happened after I'd copied all system to new drive. I copied with preserved permissions, btw.

You should have used alsa-plugins with pulseaudio USE, that is the only cause of that symlink as far as I can see.
Just remove the offending symlink. Not sure if removing it would fix the missing mixer for you.
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garrison wrote:
winswin wrote:

You should have used alsa-plugins with pulseaudio USE, that is the only cause of that symlink as far as I can see.
Just remove the offending symlink. Not sure if removing it would fix the missing mixer for you.

Thank you. This helped. It's really weird that alsa just fails with any not existing config.
garrison
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/etc/alsa/conf.d/50-pulseaudio.conf should not be installed if alsa-plugins is merged without pulseaudio USE.
I think you were migrating from pulseaudio to pipewire and one of the following happened:
- forgot to copy part of /var/db/portage which prevented reinstall from cleaning old symlinks
or
- there is a bug in alsa-plugins ebuild which is not cleaning old conf symlinks when conf part is replaced by new content
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: