pipewire + telegram = no audio but pavucontrol shows signal
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkice
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:55 pm    Post subject: pipewire + telegram = no audio but pavucontrol shows signal Reply with quote

hi there, i'm experiencing a strange behavior that i already described on telegram-desktop github page here
basically i followed gentoo's pipewire wiki, resulting in an almost fully working situation on my previous software: firefox-bin, mpv, moc, just work.
Telegram on the other hand shows strange behavior, consisting in having pavucontrol showing the signal but nothing comes out from the speakers.
I wanted to try pipewire since i've bought a new usb soundcard and wanted to have both normal applications and some music stuff (like guitarix) working here.
i thank you in advance for any help
darkice
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to report how i proceeded here.
things were like no profile for the sound card would let telegram audio work.
before pipewire i was on the 4.0 output profile + multi input, and everything was working but i had necessity to have also some jack apps.
so i installed pipewire but there were some updates to the useflags (jack-sdk) that forced me to the ~amd64 profiles for pipewire package (and few more alsa related) after some suggestion from gentoo irc channels.
anyway even with the most updated version, things with telegram were the same, BUT i didn't notice that one of the profiles changed. I did already see that one of them, the so called "Audio Pro", was something new that wasn't there when i was only on alsa + pulseaudio.
the latest updates changed that so now on my system it's called "audio professionale" (it's in italian, maybe you can find it as "professional audio").
i posted my issue also on pipewire's gitlab and someone pointed my attention to those profiles i wasn't using, so i noticed that small change.
shortly, this time when i tried that profile, everything was working.
by the way, i also got rid of /etc/pipewire/pipewire.conf and just left everything to pipewire defaulting in ~/.config
I'll need to further tweak the options to get the best from my card, but right now i can use all my applications.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: