Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell,
I update the kernel and successfully rebooted into it. GCC is also updated.
However, I get this (only relevant part shown):

Code:

(II) [KMS] Kernel modestting enabled.
/home/igor/.xinitrc: line 2: exec: ck-launch-session:not found
xinit: Connection to X server lost.

Is this no longer necessary?

Also, during the boot I see errors about loading VirtualBox modules.
The VB is updated and so it should have been picked up.

Help?

Thank you.
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ck-launch-session command is part of consolekit package that is no longer supported, elogind is used instead
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
What about VB modules? Do I need to rebuild VB or something else?

Thank you.
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Code:

igor@IgorReinCloud ~ $ cat .xinitrc
#export XDG_MENU_PREFIX=GNOME-
#exec ck-launch-session gnome-session
exec dbus-launch --exit-with-session gnome-session
igor@IgorReinCloud ~ $

I presume right now I don't need the first line there, since I don't use GNOME classic, but the "Activities" menu

Thank you.
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell,
With the new kernel it feels like boot time is faster comparing to the previous one. ;-)

Now I presume I need to set a profile, check if python 2.7 is there (if it is - remove it from PYTHON_TARGETS), then follow the upgrade steps for python.

Thank you.
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
Is this no longer necessary?

fedeliallalinea wrote:
The ck-launch-session command is part of consolekit package that is no longer supported, elogind is used instead

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
I presume right now I don't need the first line there, since I don't use GNOME classic, but the "Activities" menu

As long as you are using the project overlays, the presence of old software, especially in connection to GNOME, is not a matter of if it's outdated or not but a matter of if you are using it or not.

You can check the project overview to see if ConsoleKit is even supported for your GNOME release version.

If it is, you can switch away from it you want. If it isn't, you should investigate if something else is pulling in ConsoleKit.

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
Also, during the boot I see errors about loading VirtualBox modules.
The VB is updated and so it should have been picked up.

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
What about VB modules? Do I need to rebuild VB or something else?

Reference the Wiki page on Reinstalling external kernel modules.

I leave the finding of any packages that aren't automatically detected as an exercise to the reader. ;)

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
Now I presume I need to set a profile, check if python 2.7 is there (if it is - remove it from PYTHON_TARGETS), then follow the upgrade steps for python.

If you wish to continue using the project overlays, you can check the recent status update to see for which GNOME release versions Python 2.7 is optional or unused (I strongly suggest you use the latest version and review the project Security Advisories).

If you wish to switch to GNOME as provided by Gentoo for official support, uninstallation instructions are also provided.

In both bases, you do need to stop enforcing Python 2.7 on your end and let emerge do its thing.

Regardless of which upgrade path you choose, a change in profile version numbers (e.g. 13.0 to 17.1 or 17.0 to 17.1) requires you to be aware of the follow news items:

ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell,
1. Switching to use elogind as referenced by @fedeliallalinea worked. I'm inside GNOME.
2. I did rebuild the modules - only virtualbox-modules are there. ;-)
3. I'm going to stick with the project. Don't want to move. ;-)
So, as I said do the following:

Code:

IgorReinCloud /home/igor # eselect profile list
Available profile symlink targets:
  [1]   default/linux/amd64/17.1 (stable)
  [2]   default/linux/amd64/17.1/selinux (stable)
  [3]   default/linux/amd64/17.1/hardened (stable)
  [4]   default/linux/amd64/17.1/hardened/selinux (stable)
  [5]   default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop (stable)
  [6]   default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/gnome (stable)
  [7]   default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/gnome/systemd (stable)
  [8]   default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/plasma (stable)
  [9]   default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/plasma/systemd (stable)
  [10]  default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/systemd (stable)
  [11]  default/linux/amd64/17.1/developer (stable)
  [12]  default/linux/amd64/17.1/no-multilib (stable)
  [13]  default/linux/amd64/17.1/no-multilib/hardened (stable)
  [14]  default/linux/amd64/17.1/no-multilib/hardened/selinux (stable)
  [15]  default/linux/amd64/17.1/systemd (stable)
  [16]  default/linux/amd64/17.0 (dev)
  [17]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/selinux (dev)
  [18]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/hardened (dev)
  [19]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/hardened/selinux (dev)
  [20]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop (dev)
  [21]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/gnome (dev)
  [22]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/gnome/systemd (dev)
  [23]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/plasma (dev)
  [24]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/plasma/systemd (dev)
  [25]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/developer (dev)
  [26]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/no-multilib (dev)
  [27]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/no-multilib/hardened (dev)
  [28]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/no-multilib/hardened/selinux (dev)
  [29]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/systemd (dev)
  [30]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/x32 (dev)
  [31]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/musl (exp)
  [32]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/musl/hardened (exp)
  [33]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/musl/hardened/selinux (exp)
  [34]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/uclibc (exp)
  [35]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/uclibc/hardened (exp)
  [36]  dantrell-gnome:default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/gnome+plasma (stable)
  [37]  dantrell-gnome:default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/gnome+plasma/mainline (stable)
  [38]  dantrell-gnome-3-24:default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/gnome/3.24 (stable) *
  [39]  dantrell-gnome-3-24:default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/gnome/3.24 (stable)
  [40]  dantrell-gnome-3-24:default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/gnome/3.24/extended (stable)
IgorReinCloud /home/igor #

Now:

Code:

eselect profile set 39
cd /etc
grep -ri python

Remove all references to python2_7.

Then:

Code:

emerge --depclean
emerge -vDuU @world
emerge --depclean

As said in the python update news item.

Correct?

Thank you.

P.S.:

Code:

IgorReinCloud /etc # grep -ri python2 *
grep: ld.so.cache: binary file matches
portage/package.use/dev-lang.python:*/* PYTHON_TARGETS: python2_7 python3_8
python-exec/python-exec.conf:python2.7
grep: udev/hwdb.bin: binary file matches
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
I did rebuild the modules - only virtualbox-modules are there. ;-)

Then this is something you'll have to look into yourself.

In any case, provided VirtualBox still works, the solution to this is much easier than upgrading an old Gentoo install.

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
Correct?

Nope, I suggest you re-read the first sentence of the last part of my previous post.
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell,
Got it.
According to the status update page python2_7 is required for the version of GNOME I have.

Is there an easy way of updating GNOME to the latest version so that I can get rid of python 2.7?
Because "eselect profile list" doesn't give me the specific GNOME version.

Thank you.

BTW, what is the current GNOME version available from the project?
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
Is there an easy way of updating GNOME to the latest version so that I can get rid of python 2.7?

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
BTW, what is the current GNOME version available from the project?

Everything you asked is answered in the project documentation.
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell,
Any idea what is wrong:

https://imgur.com/a/RiAAzL4

Thank you.
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
Any idea what is wrong: [...]

Depends on what you think is a problem?
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell,
The problem is that cards do not drawn correctly.

Thank you.
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
The problem is that cards do not drawn correctly.

I was able to reproduce this issue.

It's not present in recent GNOME release versions so I have a pretty good idea where the cause lies (i.e. with a couple of dependencies).

This is a lower priority issue though as GNOME 40 takes precedence.

That said, it seems like you hadn't updated GNOME at the time of that screenshot. Did you finish doing so afterwards?
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell,
No, I didn't updated GNOME yet.

So the last stable version is 40.

I will grab the overlay and check the update procedure.

If I have questions - will ask.

Thank you.
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
So the last stable version is 40.

The last stable version is clearly labelled as such in the project overview.
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell,
Are you sure it is 40?

[
Code:

IgorReinCloud /opt/sap/ASE-16_0/install # layman --sync-all

* Fetching remote list...
 * Fetch Ok

* Syncing selected overlay(s)...
 * Running Git... # ( cd /var/lib/layman/dantrell-gnome  && /usr/bin/git pull )
remote: Enumerating objects: 541, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (541/541), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (98/98), done.
remote: Total 325 (delta 216), reused 322 (delta 214), pack-reused 0
Receiving objects: 100% (325/325), 3.13 MiB | 2.08 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (216/216), completed with 173 local objects.
From https://github.com/dantrell/gentoo-overlay-dantrell-gnome
   1fe22bb6..ebaad177  master     -> origin/master
Updating 1fe22bb6..ebaad177
Fast-forward
 app-cdr/brasero/brasero-3.12.2-r2.ebuild                                                       |     14 +-
 app-cdr/brasero/brasero-3.12.2-r3.ebuild                                                       |     86 +
 app-cdr/brasero/files/brasero-3.12.2-tracker3.patch                                            |    240 +
 app-emulation/spice/spice-0.14.0-r2.ebuild                                                     |      1 -
 app-misc/geoclue/files/geoclue-0.12.0_p20110307-use-fallback-mac.patch                         |      4 +-
 app-misc/geoclue/files/geoclue-0.12.0_p20110307-use-flag.patch                                 |      4 +-
 app-misc/geoclue/files/geoclue-0.12.99-gpsd.patch                                              |      4 +-
 app-misc/geoclue/geoclue-0.12.99.ebuild                                                        |     21 +-
 app-text/poppler/Manifest                                                                      |      1 +
 app-text/poppler/poppler-21.05.0.ebuild                                                        |    108 +
 dev-cpp/cairomm/cairomm-1.10.0-r2.ebuild                                                       |      6 +-
 dev-cpp/cairomm/cairomm-1.12.2.ebuild                                                          |      6 +-
 dev-cpp/gdlmm/gdlmm-3.7.3.ebuild                                                               |      6 +-
 dev-cpp/glibmm/Manifest                                                                        |      1 +
 dev-cpp/glibmm/glibmm-2.64.5.ebuild                                                            |      1 +
 dev-cpp/glibmm/glibmm-2.66.0.ebuild                                                            |     69 +
 dev-cpp/glibmm/glibmm-2.68.0.ebuild                                                            |      5 +-
 dev-lang/spidermonkey/Manifest                                                                 |      1 +
 dev-lang/spidermonkey/spidermonkey-78.10.1.ebuild                                              |    249 +
 dev-lang/vala/Manifest                                                                         |      4 +-
 dev-lang/vala/metadata.xml                                                                     |      8 +-
 dev-lang/vala/{vala-0.50.7.ebuild => vala-0.50.8.ebuild}                                       |      0
 dev-lang/vala/{vala-0.52.2.ebuild => vala-0.52.3.ebuild}                                       |      0
 dev-libs/glib/Manifest                                                                         |      1 +
 dev-libs/glib/files/glib-1.2.10-automake-1.13.patch                                            |     23 +
 dev-libs/glib/files/glib-1.2.10-automake.patch                                                 |     29 +
 dev-libs/glib/files/glib-1.2.10-configure-LANG.patch                                           |     44 +
 dev-libs/glib/files/glib-1.2.10-gcc34-fix.patch                                                |     41 +
 dev-libs/glib/files/glib-1.2.10-m4.patch                                                       |      9 +
 dev-libs/glib/files/glib-1.2.10-r1-as-needed.patch                                             |   1216 +
 dev-libs/glib/glib-1.2.10-r6.ebuild                                                            |     71 +
 dev-libs/glib/glib-2.44.1-r8.ebuild                                                            |      1 -
 dev-libs/glib/glib-2.46.2-r11.ebuild                                                           |      1 -
 dev-libs/libcroco/libcroco-0.6.13-r1.ebuild                                                    |      2 +-
 dev-libs/libcroco/libcroco-0.6.13.ebuild                                                       |      2 +-
 dev-libs/libgit2/libgit2-0.26.8.ebuild                                                         |      5 +-
 dev-libs/libgit2/libgit2-0.27.8.ebuild                                                         |      5 +-
 dev-libs/libintl/Manifest                                                                      |      1 -
 dev-libs/libintl/libintl-0.20.1.ebuild                                                         |     80 -
 dev-libs/libsigc++/files/libsigc++-1.2.7-fix-install.patch                                     |      4 +-
 dev-libs/libsigc++/libsigc++-1.2.7.ebuild                                                      |     14 +-
 dev-libs/qqwing/qqwing-1.3.4.ebuild                                                            |      6 +-
 dev-libs/vala-common/Manifest                                                                  |      4 +-
 dev-libs/vala-common/{vala-common-0.50.7.ebuild => vala-common-0.50.8.ebuild}                  |      0
 dev-libs/vala-common/{vala-common-0.52.2.ebuild => vala-common-0.52.3.ebuild}                  |      0
 dev-python/pygobject/pygobject-2.28.6-r55.ebuild                                               |     36 +-
 dev-python/pygobject/pygobject-2.28.7.ebuild                                                   |     28 +-
 dev-python/pygtk/pygtk-2.24.0-r4.ebuild                                                        |    115 -
 dev-python/pygtk/pygtk-2.24.0-r5.ebuild                                                        |     10 +-
 dev-scheme/guile/Manifest                                                                      |      1 +
 dev-scheme/guile/guile-1.8.8-r3.ebuild                                                         |     36 +-
 dev-scheme/guile/guile-2.0.14-r3.ebuild                                                        |      6 +-
 dev-scheme/guile/guile-2.2.7.ebuild                                                            |      8 +-
 dev-scheme/guile/guile-3.0.4.ebuild                                                            |     87 +
 dev-util/anjuta/anjuta-3.22.0.ebuild                                                           |      7 +-
 dev-util/anjuta/anjuta-3.28.0.ebuild                                                           |      7 +-
 dev-util/anjuta/anjuta-3.34.0.ebuild                                                           |      7 +-
 dev-util/gdbus-codegen/gdbus-codegen-2.42.2-r11.ebuild                                         |      7 +-
 dev-util/gdbus-codegen/gdbus-codegen-2.42.2-r12.ebuild                                         |      7 +-
 dev-util/gdbus-codegen/gdbus-codegen-2.42.2-r13.ebuild                                         |     49 +
 dev-util/gdbus-codegen/gdbus-codegen-2.44.1-r8.ebuild                                          |      7 +-
 dev-util/gdbus-codegen/gdbus-codegen-2.46.2-r11.ebuild                                         |      7 +-
 dev-util/gdbus-codegen/gdbus-codegen-2.48.2-r4.ebuild                                          |      7 +-
 dev-util/gdbus-codegen/gdbus-codegen-2.50.3-r5.ebuild                                          |      7 +-
 dev-util/gdbus-codegen/gdbus-codegen-2.52.3-r4.ebuild                                          |      7 +-
 dev-util/gdbus-codegen/gdbus-codegen-2.54.3-r4.ebuild                                          |      4 +-
 dev-util/gdbus-codegen/gdbus-codegen-2.56.4-r3.ebuild                                          |      4 +-
 dev-util/gdbus-codegen/gdbus-codegen-2.58.3-r2.ebuild                                          |      4 +-
 dev-util/gdbus-codegen/gdbus-codegen-2.60.7-r4.ebuild                                          |      4 +-
 dev-util/gdbus-codegen/gdbus-codegen-2.62.6-r2.ebuild                                          |      4 +-
 dev-util/gdbus-codegen/gdbus-codegen-2.64.6-r1.ebuild                                          |      4 +-
 dev-util/gdbus-codegen/gdbus-codegen-2.66.7.ebuild                                             |      4 +-
 dev-util/gdbus-codegen/gdbus-codegen-2.66.8.ebuild                                             |      4 +-
 dev-util/meson/Manifest                                                                        |      1 +
 dev-util/meson/meson-0.57.2.ebuild                                                             |     90 +
 dev-util/valadoc/Manifest                                                                      |      4 +-
 dev-util/valadoc/{valadoc-0.50.7.ebuild => valadoc-0.50.8.ebuild}                              |      0
 dev-util/valadoc/{valadoc-0.52.2.ebuild => valadoc-0.52.3.ebuild}                              |      0
 gnome-base/libbonobo/Manifest                                                                  |      1 +
 gnome-base/libbonobo/libbonobo-2.24.3-r1.ebuild                                                |     67 +
 gnome-base/libbonobo/metadata.xml                                                              |      8 +
 gnome-base/libbonoboui/Manifest                                                                |      1 +
 gnome-base/libbonoboui/libbonoboui-2.24.5-r1.ebuild                                            |     64 +
 gnome-base/libbonoboui/metadata.xml                                                            |     16 +
 gnome-base/libgnome/Manifest                                                                   |      2 +-
 gnome-base/libgnome/files/libgnome-2.26.0-branding.patch                                       |      6 +-
 gnome-base/libgnome/files/libgnome-2.28.0-menus-have-icons.patch                               |      4 +-
 gnome-base/libgnome/libgnome-2.32.1-r1.ebuild                                                  |     21 +-
 gnome-base/libgnomeui/libgnomeui-2.24.5-r1.ebuild                                              |     17 +-
 gnome-base/librsvg/librsvg-2.50.5.ebuild                                                       |     86 +-
 gnome-base/orbit/Manifest                                                                      |      1 +
 gnome-base/orbit/files/orbit-2.14.19-aix-func_data.patch                                       |     99 +
 gnome-base/orbit/files/orbit-2.14.19-automake-1.13.patch                                       |     22 +
 gnome-base/orbit/files/orbit-2.14.19-fPIC.patch                                                |     46 +
 gnome-base/orbit/files/orbit-2.14.19-link_protocol_is_local.patch                              |     29 +
 gnome-base/orbit/files/orbit-2.14.19-parallel-build.patch                                      |     25 +
 gnome-base/orbit/metadata.xml                                                                  |     12 +
 gnome-base/orbit/orbit-2.14.19-r5.ebuild                                                       |    102 +
 gnome-extra/libgda/files/5.2.4/sqlite3.c                                                       | 207737 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 gnome-extra/libgda/files/libgda-5.2.5-sqlite.patch                                             | 117564 +++++++++++++++++++++++++
 gnome-extra/libgda/libgda-5.2.4.ebuild                                                         |      5 +
 gnome-extra/mousetweaks/mousetweaks-3.12.0.ebuild                                              |      6 +-
 gnome-extra/mousetweaks/mousetweaks-3.32.0.ebuild                                              |      5 +-
 gnome-extra/nautilus-sendto/nautilus-sendto-3.8.6.ebuild                                       |      2 +-
 gui-libs/tepl/tepl-5.0.1-r1.ebuild                                                             |     44 +
 gui-libs/tepl/{tepl-6.00.0.ebuild => tepl-6.00.0-r1.ebuild}                                    |      9 +-
 media-libs/libmediaart/libmediaart-0.7.0.ebuild                                                |     10 +-
 media-libs/libmediaart/libmediaart-1.9.4.ebuild                                                |      6 +-
 media-video/gnome-mplayer/gnome-mplayer-1.0.9-r1.ebuild                                        |      6 +-
 media-video/pipewire/Manifest                                                                  |      1 +
 media-video/pipewire/metadata.xml                                                              |      1 +
 media-video/pipewire/pipewire-0.3.27-r1.ebuild                                                 |    279 +
 metadata/layout.conf                                                                           |      6 +-
 net-analyzer/gnome-nettool/gnome-nettool-3.8.1.ebuild                                          |      6 +-
 net-libs/dleyna-connector-dbus/Manifest                                                        |      1 +
 net-libs/dleyna-connector-dbus/dleyna-connector-dbus-0.2.0.ebuild                              |      9 +-
 net-libs/dleyna-connector-dbus/dleyna-connector-dbus-0.3.0.ebuild                              |      4 +-
 net-libs/dleyna-connector-dbus/dleyna-connector-dbus-0.4.0.ebuild                              |     22 +
 net-libs/dleyna-core/Manifest                                                                  |      1 +
 net-libs/dleyna-core/dleyna-core-0.5.0.ebuild                                                  |      9 +-
 net-libs/dleyna-core/dleyna-core-0.7.0.ebuild                                                  |     22 +
 net-libs/dleyna-renderer/Manifest                                                              |      1 +
 net-libs/dleyna-renderer/dleyna-renderer-0.5.0.ebuild                                          |     14 +-
 net-libs/dleyna-renderer/dleyna-renderer-0.6.0.ebuild                                          |      2 +-
 net-libs/dleyna-renderer/dleyna-renderer-0.7.0.ebuild                                          |     30 +
 net-libs/gtk-vnc/files/gtk-vnc-1.2.0-build-improve-with-coroutine-auto-choice.patch            |     59 +
 .../gtk-vnc/files/gtk-vnc-1.2.0-meson-Find-python-explicitly-to-honor-downstream-pyt.patch     |     28 +
 .../gtk-vnc/files/gtk-vnc-1.2.0-meson-Fix-configuration-failure-with-Dwith-vala-disa.patch     |     36 +
 net-libs/gtk-vnc/gtk-vnc-1.2.0.ebuild                                                          |     12 +-
 net-libs/libnice/libnice-0.1.15.ebuild                                                         |      8 +-
 net-libs/libzapojit/libzapojit-0.0.3.ebuild                                                    |     13 +-
 net-libs/phodav/Manifest                                                                       |      1 +
 net-libs/phodav/files/phodav-2.5-meson-Allow-specifying-systemd-udev-directories.patch         |     79 +
 net-libs/phodav/phodav-0.4.ebuild                                                              |     16 +-
 net-libs/phodav/phodav-2.5.ebuild                                                              |     59 +
 net-libs/webkit-gtk/Manifest                                                                   |      3 +-
 net-libs/webkit-gtk/files/webkit-gtk-2.28.2-opengl-without-X-fixes.patch                       |      2 +
 .../files/webkit-gtk-2.32.1-Properly-use-CompletionHandler-when-USE_OPENGL_OR_ES.patch         |     36 +
 net-libs/webkit-gtk/webkit-gtk-2.24.4.ebuild                                                   |     46 +-
 net-libs/webkit-gtk/webkit-gtk-2.26.4-r2.ebuild                                                |     42 +-
 net-libs/webkit-gtk/webkit-gtk-2.28.4.ebuild                                                   |     41 +-
 net-libs/webkit-gtk/webkit-gtk-2.30.6.ebuild                                                   |     65 +-
 net-libs/webkit-gtk/webkit-gtk-2.32.0.ebuild                                                   |    325 -
 net-libs/webkit-gtk/{webkit-gtk-2.30.5.ebuild => webkit-gtk-2.32.1.ebuild}                     |     75 +-
 net-misc/dleyna-server/Manifest                                                                |      1 +
 net-misc/dleyna-server/dleyna-server-0.5.0.ebuild                                              |     18 +-
 net-misc/dleyna-server/dleyna-server-0.6.0.ebuild                                              |      3 +-
 net-misc/dleyna-server/dleyna-server-0.7.0.ebuild                                              |     25 +
 net-misc/spice-gtk/spice-gtk-0.34-r3.ebuild                                                    |      1 -
 net-misc/spice-gtk/spice-gtk-0.35-r1.ebuild                                                    |      1 -
 net-voip/telepathy-gabble/telepathy-gabble-0.18.3.ebuild                                       |      7 +-
 net-voip/telepathy-gabble/telepathy-gabble-0.18.4-r1.ebuild                                    |      7 +-
 net-voip/telepathy-gabble/telepathy-gabble-0.18.4-r2.ebuild                                    |      7 +-
 profiles/package.mask                                                                          |      5 +
 profiles/targets/desktop/gnome/3.14/package.mask                                               |      1 +
 profiles/targets/desktop/gnome/3.16/package.mask                                               |      1 +
 profiles/targets/desktop/gnome/3.18/package.mask                                               |      1 +
 profiles/targets/desktop/gnome/3.20/package.mask                                               |      1 +
 profiles/targets/desktop/gnome/3.22/package.mask                                               |      1 +
 profiles/targets/desktop/gnome/3.24/package.mask                                               |      1 +
 profiles/targets/desktop/gnome/3.26/package.mask                                               |      1 +
 profiles/targets/desktop/gnome/3.36/package.unmask                                             |      4 +-
 profiles/targets/desktop/gnome/3.38/package.mask                                               |      3 -
 profiles/targets/desktop/gnome/3.38/package.unmask                                             |      8 +-
 sys-auth/consolekit/consolekit-0.4.6.ebuild                                                    |     21 +-
 sys-auth/consolekit/files/consolekit-0.4.5-polkit-automagic.patch                              |      4 +-
 sys-auth/consolekit/files/consolekit-cleanup_console_tags.patch                                |      4 +-
 sys-auth/consolekit/files/consolekit-shutdown-reboot-without-policies.patch                    |      4 +-
 sys-auth/consolekit/files/consolekit-udev-acl-install_to_usr.patch                             |      4 +-
 sys-devel/gettext/Manifest                                                                     |      1 -
 sys-devel/gettext/gettext-0.19.8.1.ebuild                                                      |     29 +-
 sys-devel/gettext/gettext-0.20.1.ebuild                                                        |    152 -
 sys-fs/udisks/udisks-2.6.6.ebuild                                                              |      1 -
 sys-fs/udisks/udisks-2.7.8.ebuild                                                              |      1 -
 sys-fs/udisks/udisks-2.8.4.ebuild                                                              |      1 -
 sys-fs/udisks/{udisks-2.9.1.ebuild => udisks-2.9.1-r1.ebuild}                                  |      3 +-
 sys-fs/udisks/{udisks-2.9.2.ebuild => udisks-2.9.2-r1.ebuild}                                  |      3 +-
 x11-base/xorg-proto/Manifest                                                                   |      2 +
 x11-base/xorg-proto/xorg-proto-2019.2-r1.ebuild                                                |      3 +-
 x11-base/xorg-proto/xorg-proto-2020.1.ebuild                                                   |      5 +-
 x11-base/xorg-proto/xorg-proto-2021.3.ebuild                                                   |     72 +
 x11-base/xorg-proto/xorg-proto-2021.4.ebuild                                                   |     78 +
 x11-libs/colord-gtk/colord-gtk-0.1.26.ebuild                                                   |      3 +-
 x11-libs/gtk+/Manifest                                                                         |      1 -
 x11-libs/gtk+/files/gtk+-1.2-locale_fix.patch                                                  |      4 +-
 x11-libs/gtk+/files/gtk+-1.2.10-as-needed.patch                                                |     16 +-
 x11-libs/gtk+/files/gtk+-1.2.10-automake.patch                                                 |     12 +-
 x11-libs/gtk+/files/gtk+-1.2.10-cleanup.patch                                                  |      4 +-
 x11-libs/gtk+/files/gtk+-1.2.10-m4.patch                                                       |      4 +-
 x11-libs/gtk+/files/gtk+-1.2.10-r8-gentoo.diff                                                 |  19320 ++++
 x11-libs/gtk+/gtk+-1.2.10-r13.ebuild                                                           |     40 +-
 x11-libs/gtksourceview/gtksourceview-2.10.5-r3.ebuild                                          |     59 -
 x11-libs/gtksourceview/gtksourceview-2.10.5-r4.ebuild                                          |      3 +-
 x11-libs/libXfixes/Manifest                                                                    |      2 +
 x11-libs/libXfixes/libXfixes-5.0.3-r3.ebuild                                                   |     17 +
 x11-libs/libXfixes/libXfixes-6.0.0.ebuild                                                      |     17 +
 x11-libs/libXfixes/metadata.xml                                                                |      8 +
 x11-libs/libXxf86misc/libXxf86misc-1.0.4-r1.ebuild                                             |      2 +-
 x11-libs/libXxf86misc/libXxf86misc-1.0.4.ebuild                                                |     18 -
 x11-libs/libfm-extra/Manifest                                                                  |      3 +
 x11-libs/libfm-extra/files/libfm-extra-1.3.2-buildsystem.patch                                 |     59 +
 x11-libs/libfm-extra/libfm-extra-1.2.5.ebuild                                                  |     93 +
 x11-libs/libfm-extra/libfm-extra-1.3.1.ebuild                                                  |     93 +
 x11-libs/libfm-extra/libfm-extra-1.3.2.ebuild                                                  |     90 +
 x11-libs/libfm-extra/metadata.xml                                                              |     12 +
 x11-libs/libfm/libfm-1.2.5.ebuild                                                              |      8 +-
 x11-libs/libfm/metadata.xml                                                                    |      5 +-
 x11-libs/pango/{pango-1.48.4.ebuild => pango-1.48.4-r1.ebuild}                                 |     40 +-
 x11-libs/vte/vte-0.36.5.ebuild                                                                 |      8 +-
 x11-themes/gnome-icon-theme-extras/gnome-icon-theme-extras-3.12.0.ebuild                       |      2 +-
 x11-themes/gnome-icon-theme-symbolic/gnome-icon-theme-symbolic-3.12.0.ebuild                   |      2 +-
 211 files changed, 349454 insertions(+), 1324 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 app-cdr/brasero/brasero-3.12.2-r3.ebuild
 create mode 100644 app-cdr/brasero/files/brasero-3.12.2-tracker3.patch
 create mode 100644 app-text/poppler/poppler-21.05.0.ebuild
 create mode 100644 dev-cpp/glibmm/glibmm-2.66.0.ebuild
 create mode 100644 dev-lang/spidermonkey/spidermonkey-78.10.1.ebuild
 rename dev-lang/vala/{vala-0.50.7.ebuild => vala-0.50.8.ebuild} (100%)
 rename dev-lang/vala/{vala-0.52.2.ebuild => vala-0.52.3.ebuild} (100%)
 create mode 100644 dev-libs/glib/files/glib-1.2.10-automake-1.13.patch
 create mode 100644 dev-libs/glib/files/glib-1.2.10-automake.patch
 create mode 100644 dev-libs/glib/files/glib-1.2.10-configure-LANG.patch
 create mode 100644 dev-libs/glib/files/glib-1.2.10-gcc34-fix.patch
 create mode 100644 dev-libs/glib/files/glib-1.2.10-m4.patch
 create mode 100644 dev-libs/glib/files/glib-1.2.10-r1-as-needed.patch
 create mode 100644 dev-libs/glib/glib-1.2.10-r6.ebuild
 delete mode 100644 dev-libs/libintl/libintl-0.20.1.ebuild
 rename dev-libs/vala-common/{vala-common-0.50.7.ebuild => vala-common-0.50.8.ebuild} (100%)
 rename dev-libs/vala-common/{vala-common-0.52.2.ebuild => vala-common-0.52.3.ebuild} (100%)
 delete mode 100644 dev-python/pygtk/pygtk-2.24.0-r4.ebuild
 create mode 100644 dev-scheme/guile/guile-3.0.4.ebuild
 create mode 100644 dev-util/gdbus-codegen/gdbus-codegen-2.42.2-r13.ebuild
 create mode 100644 dev-util/meson/meson-0.57.2.ebuild
 rename dev-util/valadoc/{valadoc-0.50.7.ebuild => valadoc-0.50.8.ebuild} (100%)
 rename dev-util/valadoc/{valadoc-0.52.2.ebuild => valadoc-0.52.3.ebuild} (100%)
 create mode 100644 gnome-base/libbonobo/Manifest
 create mode 100644 gnome-base/libbonobo/libbonobo-2.24.3-r1.ebuild
 create mode 100644 gnome-base/libbonobo/metadata.xml
 create mode 100644 gnome-base/libbonoboui/Manifest
 create mode 100644 gnome-base/libbonoboui/libbonoboui-2.24.5-r1.ebuild
 create mode 100644 gnome-base/libbonoboui/metadata.xml
 create mode 100644 gnome-base/orbit/Manifest
 create mode 100644 gnome-base/orbit/files/orbit-2.14.19-aix-func_data.patch
 create mode 100644 gnome-base/orbit/files/orbit-2.14.19-automake-1.13.patch
 create mode 100644 gnome-base/orbit/files/orbit-2.14.19-fPIC.patch
 create mode 100644 gnome-base/orbit/files/orbit-2.14.19-link_protocol_is_local.patch
 create mode 100644 gnome-base/orbit/files/orbit-2.14.19-parallel-build.patch
 create mode 100644 gnome-base/orbit/metadata.xml
 create mode 100644 gnome-base/orbit/orbit-2.14.19-r5.ebuild
 create mode 100644 gnome-extra/libgda/files/5.2.4/sqlite3.c
 create mode 100644 gnome-extra/libgda/files/libgda-5.2.5-sqlite.patch
 create mode 100644 gui-libs/tepl/tepl-5.0.1-r1.ebuild
 rename gui-libs/tepl/{tepl-6.00.0.ebuild => tepl-6.00.0-r1.ebuild} (98%)
 create mode 100644 media-video/pipewire/pipewire-0.3.27-r1.ebuild
 create mode 100644 net-libs/dleyna-connector-dbus/dleyna-connector-dbus-0.4.0.ebuild
 create mode 100644 net-libs/dleyna-core/dleyna-core-0.7.0.ebuild
 create mode 100644 net-libs/dleyna-renderer/dleyna-renderer-0.7.0.ebuild
 create mode 100644 net-libs/gtk-vnc/files/gtk-vnc-1.2.0-build-improve-with-coroutine-auto-choice.patch
 create mode 100644 net-libs/gtk-vnc/files/gtk-vnc-1.2.0-meson-Find-python-explicitly-to-honor-downstream-pyt.patch
 create mode 100644 net-libs/gtk-vnc/files/gtk-vnc-1.2.0-meson-Fix-configuration-failure-with-Dwith-vala-disa.patch
 create mode 100644 net-libs/phodav/files/phodav-2.5-meson-Allow-specifying-systemd-udev-directories.patch
 create mode 100644 net-libs/phodav/phodav-2.5.ebuild
 create mode 100644 net-libs/webkit-gtk/files/webkit-gtk-2.32.1-Properly-use-CompletionHandler-when-USE_OPENGL_OR_ES.patch
 delete mode 100644 net-libs/webkit-gtk/webkit-gtk-2.32.0.ebuild
 rename net-libs/webkit-gtk/{webkit-gtk-2.30.5.ebuild => webkit-gtk-2.32.1.ebuild} (79%)
 create mode 100644 net-misc/dleyna-server/dleyna-server-0.7.0.ebuild
 delete mode 100644 sys-devel/gettext/gettext-0.20.1.ebuild
 rename sys-fs/udisks/{udisks-2.9.1.ebuild => udisks-2.9.1-r1.ebuild} (98%)
 rename sys-fs/udisks/{udisks-2.9.2.ebuild => udisks-2.9.2-r1.ebuild} (98%)
 create mode 100644 x11-base/xorg-proto/xorg-proto-2021.3.ebuild
 create mode 100644 x11-base/xorg-proto/xorg-proto-2021.4.ebuild
 create mode 100644 x11-libs/gtk+/files/gtk+-1.2.10-r8-gentoo.diff
 delete mode 100644 x11-libs/gtksourceview/gtksourceview-2.10.5-r3.ebuild
 create mode 100644 x11-libs/libXfixes/Manifest
 create mode 100644 x11-libs/libXfixes/libXfixes-5.0.3-r3.ebuild
 create mode 100644 x11-libs/libXfixes/libXfixes-6.0.0.ebuild
 create mode 100644 x11-libs/libXfixes/metadata.xml
 delete mode 100644 x11-libs/libXxf86misc/libXxf86misc-1.0.4.ebuild
 create mode 100644 x11-libs/libfm-extra/Manifest
 create mode 100644 x11-libs/libfm-extra/files/libfm-extra-1.3.2-buildsystem.patch
 create mode 100644 x11-libs/libfm-extra/libfm-extra-1.2.5.ebuild
 create mode 100644 x11-libs/libfm-extra/libfm-extra-1.3.1.ebuild
 create mode 100644 x11-libs/libfm-extra/libfm-extra-1.3.2.ebuild
 create mode 100644 x11-libs/libfm-extra/metadata.xml
 rename x11-libs/pango/{pango-1.48.4.ebuild => pango-1.48.4-r1.ebuild} (74%)
 * Running Git... # ( cd /var/lib/layman/dantrell-gnome-3-24  && /usr/bin/git pull )
Already up to date.
 * Succeeded:
 * ------
 * Successfully synchronized overlay "dantrell-gnome".
 * Successfully synchronized overlay "dantrell-gnome-3-24".

IgorReinCloud /opt/sap/ASE-16_0/install # 00:0001:00000:00000:2021/05/22 09:51:32.59 kernel  Warning: The internal timer is not progressing. If this message is generated multiple times, report to SAP Technical Support and restart the server (alarminterval=2).

IgorReinCloud /opt/sap/ASE-16_0/install # layman -L | grep dantrell
 * dantrell-gnome            [Git       ] (https://github.com/dantrell/gento...)
 * dantrell-gnome-3-14       [Git       ] (https://github.com/dantrell/gento...)
 * dantrell-gnome-3-16       [Git       ] (https://github.com/dantrell/gento...)
 * dantrell-gnome-3-18       [Git       ] (https://github.com/dantrell/gento...)
 * dantrell-gnome-3-20       [Git       ] (https://github.com/dantrell/gento...)
 * dantrell-gnome-3-22       [Git       ] (https://github.com/dantrell/gento...)
 * dantrell-gnome-3-24       [Git       ] (https://github.com/dantrell/gento...)
 * dantrell-gnome-3-26       [Git       ] (https://github.com/dantrell/gento...)
 * dantrell-gnome-3-28       [Git       ] (https://github.com/dantrell/gento...)
 * dantrell-gnome-3-30       [Git       ] (https://github.com/dantrell/gento...)
 * dantrell-gnome-3-32       [Git       ] (https://github.com/dantrell/gento...)
 * dantrell-gnome-3-34       [Git       ] (https://github.com/dantrell/gento...)
 * dantrell-gnome-3-36       [Git       ] (https://github.com/dantrell/gento...)
 * dantrell-gnome-3-38       [Git       ] (https://github.com/dantrell/gento...)
IgorReinCloud /opt/sap/ASE-16_0/install #

Thank you.
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell,
Code:

IgorReinCloud /opt/sap/ASE-16_0/install # layman -a dantrell-gnome-3.40

* Adding overlay...
 * Exception: Overlay "dantrell-gnome-3.40" does not exist.

* CLI: Errors occurred processing action add
 * Exception: Overlay "dantrell-gnome-3.40" does not exist.

Also, the following link shows stable as 3.36, mainline as 3.38 and next as 3.40.

Or I am looking at the wrong link? ;-)

Thank you.
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
Are you sure it is 40?

Again, the last stable version is clearly labelled as such in the project overview.

If you thought I said otherwise, you misread.

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
Or I am looking at the wrong link? ;-)

The project documentation is up-to-date.
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell,
Am I looking at the wrong place here?

Thank you.
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
Am I looking at the wrong place here?

Once again, the project documentation is up-to-date and the availability of GNOME 40 in relation to the project is also up-to-date.

Please point out in the screenshot you took where it says GNOME 40 is available for the project.
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell,
You proved me wrong, as I just went and re-read the post above about that.

Sorry for being old and stubborn. ;-)

Off to GNOME update.

I need to do it anyway or rebuild GTK with all dependencies, as my program is failing very weirdly.

Thank you.

P.S.:

Have a question:

Code:

IgorReinCloud /home/igor # eselect profile list
Available profile symlink targets:
  [1]   default/linux/amd64/17.1 (stable)
  [2]   default/linux/amd64/17.1/selinux (stable)
  [3]   default/linux/amd64/17.1/hardened (stable)
  [4]   default/linux/amd64/17.1/hardened/selinux (stable)
  [5]   default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop (stable)
  [6]   default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/gnome (stable)
  [7]   default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/gnome/systemd (stable)
  [8]   default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/plasma (stable)
  [9]   default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/plasma/systemd (stable)
  [10]  default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/systemd (stable)
  [11]  default/linux/amd64/17.1/developer (stable)
  [12]  default/linux/amd64/17.1/no-multilib (stable)
  [13]  default/linux/amd64/17.1/no-multilib/hardened (stable)
  [14]  default/linux/amd64/17.1/no-multilib/hardened/selinux (stable)
  [15]  default/linux/amd64/17.1/systemd (stable)
  [16]  default/linux/amd64/17.0 (dev)
  [17]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/selinux (dev)
  [18]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/hardened (dev)
  [19]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/hardened/selinux (dev)
  [20]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop (dev)
  [21]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/gnome (dev)
  [22]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/gnome/systemd (dev)
  [23]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/plasma (dev)
  [24]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/plasma/systemd (dev)
  [25]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/developer (dev)
  [26]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/no-multilib (dev)
  [27]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/no-multilib/hardened (dev)
  [28]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/no-multilib/hardened/selinux (dev)
  [29]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/systemd (dev)
  [30]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/x32 (dev)
  [31]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/musl (exp)
  [32]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/musl/hardened (exp)
  [33]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/musl/hardened/selinux (exp)
  [34]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/uclibc (exp)
  [35]  default/linux/amd64/17.0/uclibc/hardened (exp)
  [36]  dantrell-gnome:default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/gnome+plasma (stable)
  [37]  dantrell-gnome:default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/gnome+plasma/mainline (stable)
  [38]  dantrell-gnome-3-24:default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/gnome/3.24 (stable)
  [39]  dantrell-gnome-3-24:default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/gnome/3.24/extended (stable)
  [40]  dantrell-gnome-3-36:default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/gnome/3.36 (stable) *
  [41]  dantrell-gnome-3-36:default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/gnome/3.36/extended (stable)
IgorReinCloud /home/igor # emerge --info |grep python
/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/portage/package/ebuild/_config/KeywordsManager.py:67: UserWarning: /etc/portage/package.keywords is deprecated, use /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords instead
  warnings.warn(_("%s is deprecated, use %s instead") %
Portage 3.0.17 (python 3.8.8-final-0, targets/desktop/gnome/3.36, gcc-10.2.0, glibc-2.32-r7, 5.10.27-gentoo x86_64)
dev-lang/python:          2.7.18_p7::gentoo, 3.8.8::gentoo, 3.9.2::gentoo
USE="acl acpi alsa amd64 berkdb bzip2 cli colord crypt dbus dri dvd elogind firefox gdbm gnome gnome-keyring gnome-online-accounts gtk gtk3 gtkstyle iconv introspection ipv6 libnotify libtirpc multilib nautilus ncurses nls nptl openmp pam pcre policykit pulseaudio readline seccomp split-usr ssl tcpd tracker unicode wxwidgets xattr zlib" ABI_X86="64" ADA_TARGET="gnat_2018" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" APACHE2_MODULES="authn_core authz_core socache_shmcb unixd actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" CALLIGRA_FEATURES="karbon sheets words" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" CPU_FLAGS_X86="mmx mmxext sse sse2" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock greis isync itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf skytraq superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ublox ubx" INPUT_DEVICES="libinput keyboard mouse synaptics" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="presenter-console presenter-minimizer" LUA_SINGLE_TARGET="lua5-1" LUA_TARGETS="lua5-1" OFFICE_IMPLEMENTATION="libreoffice" PHP_TARGETS="php7-3 php7-4" POSTGRES_TARGETS="postgres10 postgres11" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_8" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_8 python2_7" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby26" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="radeon" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq proto steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
IgorReinCloud /home/igor #

Code:

IgorReinCloud /etc # grep -ri "python2" *
grep: ld.so.cache: binary file matches
portage/package.use/dev-lang.python:*/* PYTHON_TARGETS: python2_7 python3_8
python-exec/python-exec.conf:python2.7
grep: udev/hwdb.bin: binary file matches
IgorReinCloud /etc #

Should I run "emerge ... @world" or I should first get rid of python2_7 and then do it?
You should probably update the documentation with regards to python update in here.

I would guess that I need to remove all mentions to python2_7 and then run the emerge command to minimize the number of rebuilds.
I may be wrong though...

Thank you.
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell,
I tried to comment out those 2 lines about python2_7, but "emerge --info" still shows it...

Should I start the update process or I can't upgrade both GNOME and python at the same time?

Thank you.
dantrell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
You should probably update the documentation with regards to python update in here.

The project documentation assumes that you are following it almost immediately after deploying a freshly extracted stage 3 tarball (where things like PYTHON_TARGETS won't appear since it is not officially recommended by Gentoo to be specified by end-users).

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
I would guess that I need to remove all mentions to python2_7 and then run the emerge command to minimize the number of rebuilds.
I may be wrong though...

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
I tried to comment out those 2 lines about python2_7, but "emerge --info" still shows it...

Just because you commented the lines out doesn't mean you don't still already have packages installed that require Python 2.7.

Review your emerge @world output and make sure packages are switching over to a newer version of Python.

That should take care of the bulk of Python-dependent packages, afterwards, you may have to track down any outliers (especially if they polluted your world file).

P.S. You also did not choose a GNOME release version where Python 2.7 was unused (I already mentioned where to check on this in a earlier post) so that's something you should watch out for.

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
Should I run "emerge ... @world" or I should first get rid of python2_7 and then do it?

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
Should I start the update process or I can't upgrade both GNOME and python at the same time?

The more things you do at the same time is the more things that can go wrong.

Up to you.
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dantrell,
Any idea what is this warning about:

Code:

/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/portage/package/ebuild/_config/KeywordsManager.py:67: UserWarning: /etc/portage/package.keywords is deprecated, use /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords instead
  warnings.warn(_("%s is deprecated, use %s instead") %

Given by every emerge I do.

Thank you.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 7 of 16

Jump to: