Xbox One controller works in Steam BPM but not in games
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nik0_gentoo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Xbox One controller works in Steam BPM but not in games Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Following Gentoo wiki's article, I managed to install Steam however I'm having a weird issue with my Xbox one wireless controller : the controller is recognized sucessfully by Steam in big picture mode, everything works. When I launch any game, the controller is not working, the game does not seem to see it. Only the big Xbox button is working and opens the Steam big picture overlay, only keyboard and mouse are working.
I tried activating / deactivating the Xox controller and generic controller options in big picture mode but it does not have an effect.
I investigated for several days now and I believe I can isolate the issue to Steam itself :
I installed the flatpak version of Steam and in this one, the controller works in game flawlessly.
It's not a very important issue since I can use the flatpak version, but for the sake of understanding what I could have done wrong and possibly help others having a similar problem, I'm opening a topic on the forum.

Here are some details regarding my configuration
- Gentoo x86_64 with the kde multilib profile
- Desktop environment : plasma
- Linux kernel version 5.9.6 (custom configuration)
- Init system : OpenRC

Note : my controller is also recognized successfully in the plasma control center, which furthers my belief that the issue is related to the Steam ebuild in some way.

If any other configuration information can help understanding what's going on, please let me know.
Since it's working with the flatpak version I'm thinking I may be missing a use flag or a library, but I don't really know where to look next.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check permissions on /dev/uinput, your user needs rw access to it for steam's controller-remapping stuff to work. That's the most common problem.

Installing games-util/game-device-udev-rules may help here, though it should already be there if you use the steam overlay. Also make sure you don't have any old files in /etc/udev/rules.d/ that might override that.
nik0_gentoo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the support, here's what I've checked and done after :
- I can first of all confirm that games-util/game-device-udev-rules is installed like you said.
- I checked /etc/udev/rules.d, it currently does not contain any file or folder

I looked at the permissions on /dev/uinput, they were as follows
Code:

crw-rw----+ 1 root root

looking at the troubleshooting article on the wiki, my understanding is that they should instead be :
Code:

crw-rw----+ 1 root input

therefore, I first added the root user to the input group (he did not yet belong to it). My user is already in the input group, so no need to change anything there
and then I applied the root:input ownership to /dev/uinput.

I then reopened Steam, and the behaviour stays the same : the controller is working in big picture mode, but not in game. I currently checked with and without selecting the Xbox & Generic controller profiles in Steam but it does not have an effect.

Thanks anyway once more for the quick answer and your help, do you think of anything else I could try ?
nik0_gentoo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing I noticed : the ownership I set for /dev/uinput, using

Code:

sudo chown root:input /dev/uinput

is not persistent : once I reboot the computer the ownership of this file goes back to root:root.
I understand that, as it is a file representing a device, it's maybe not the right way to define the permissions, so just in case it is relevant I wanted to provide this additional context.
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "+" on that ls output means it's using ACLs; if changing the group didn't fix it then chances are one of those already allowed it so it wouldn't matter anyway.

Do you have steam-overlay packages installed? What use flags are set on those?
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are your gamepad settings in flatpack version of steam and regular installed version the same?
Steam has built-in xbox360 emulation, maybe it is disabled for your installed Steam but enabled in flatpack?
nik0_gentoo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant P. wrote:
The "+" on that ls output means it's using ACLs; if changing the group didn't fix it then chances are one of those already allowed it so it wouldn't matter anyway.

Do you have steam-overlay packages installed? What use flags are set on those?

Yes, 4 packagtes :
Code:

eix --installed-from-overlay steam-overlay                                                    15:55:26
[I] games-util/steam-client-meta [1]
     Available versions:  (~)0-r20201118 {+pulseaudio steamfonts +steamruntime steamvr trayicon VIDEO_CARDS="intel nvidia"}
     Installed versions:  0-r20201118(21:38:34 16/12/2020)(pulseaudio steamruntime -steamfonts -steamvr -trayicon VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia -intel")
     Homepage:            http://steampowered.com
     Description:         Meta package for Valve's native Steam client

[I] games-util/steam-games-meta [1]
     Available versions:  (~)0-r20191109 {mono steamgames_bioshock_infinite steamgames_defenders_quest steamgames_dirt_rally steamgames_dont_starve steamgames_dwarfs steamgames_hammerwatch steamgames_ironclad_tactics steamgames_journey_down steamgames_narcissu steamgames_painkiller steamgames_portal steamgames_shadow_mordor steamgames_shatter steamgames_source_engine steamgames_te120 steamgames_tf2 steamgames_trine2 steamgames_unwritten_tales steamgames_voidexpanse steamgames_witcher2 +steamruntime VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia"}
     Installed versions:  0-r20191109(21:37:32 16/12/2020)(steamruntime -mono -steamgames_bioshock_infinite -steamgames_defenders_quest -steamgames_dirt_rally -steamgames_dont_starve -steamgames_dwarfs -steamgames_hammerwatch -steamgames_ironclad_tactics -steamgames_journey_down -steamgames_narcissu -steamgames_painkiller -steamgames_portal -steamgames_shadow_mordor -steamgames_shatter -steamgames_source_engine -steamgames_te120 -steamgames_tf2 -steamgames_trine2 -steamgames_unwritten_tales -steamgames_voidexpanse -steamgames_witcher2 VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia")
     Homepage:            https://steampowered.com
     Description:         Meta package for Steam games

[I] games-util/steam-launcher [1]
     Available versions:  (~)1.0.0.67^mtd {+joystick +steamruntime +udev KERNEL="linux"}
     Installed versions:  1.0.0.67^mtd(21:38:12 16/12/2020)(joystick steamruntime udev KERNEL="linux")
     Description:         Installer, launcher and supplementary files for Valve's Steam client

[I] games-util/steam-meta [1]
     Available versions:  (~)0-r20160817 {+steamruntime}
     Installed versions:  0-r20160817(21:38:37 16/12/2020)(steamruntime)
     Description:         Meta package for Valve's Steam environment

[1] "steam-overlay" /var/lib/layman/steam-overlay

Found 4 matches

Do you think a USE flag is missing ?
Thank you
nik0_gentoo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

etnull wrote:
are your gamepad settings in flatpack version of steam and regular installed version the same?
Steam has built-in xbox360 emulation, maybe it is disabled for your installed Steam but enabled in flatpack?

Yes, I tried with the same controller settings in flatpak and regular steam, unfortunately it did not help : no matter the combination of controller settings in regular Steam, the behaviour is similar : the controller works in big picture mode but not in game :(
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything there seems to be in order...

I've just noticed the /usr/bin/steam script that Gentoo installs does some weird stuff to set SDL_JOYSTICK_DEVICE at startup; that might explain the difference between it and the flatpak (which does nothing).

Try copying that script to your homedir and commenting out those lines, and see if anything changes.
nik0_gentoo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this but unfortunately it did not solve the issue, I did some additional investigating and wanted to report on that :
- When the controller is connected using bluetooth, I can't use it in any game, it just does not work. It does however respond as expected in Steam big picture mode.
- When the controller is connected via USB, and disconnected from bluetooth, it works in some games but in most of them it does not. In a game where it works, I also noticed the layout is not right, for instance the directionnal cross was not reponsive and I could only move around using the sticks.

One thing I thought of : it looks like Steam loads a controller configuration when it launches a game, maybe linked to these configs are corrupt in some way in the regular Steam (on my install at least), and not in the flatpak version. As a matter of fact, it appears the configuration loaded by Steam is different when using bluetooth and when using USB. That plus the fact that it is semi-working using USB tells me it could be worth looking into.

When following your suggestion and launching the modified steam script from terminal, I noticed a couple of messages appearing that could be linked to the issue, I'll try looking into this next and I'll post some excerpts later on.

Thanks once more for the support, I appreciate it and I'm learning a couple of things in the process, which is always useful :)
nik0_gentoo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok! I made some significant progress : the xbox one controller is now working in wireless mode in several games. In the other ones, my understanding is that for some reason, in regular Steam, I need to use a specific Steam configuration to make it work (a layer that converts gamepad input into keyboard ones if my understanding is correct)

At this time, I'm not entirely sure whether the following is relevant so take it with a grain of salt, I'll try and confirm all this later :
- First : I noticed that my make.conf could be the culprit, I had configured :
Code:
INPUT_DEVICES="libinput evdev"

however I thought that maybe libinput and evdev could interact and some wrong way, so I removed evdev. I then updated my whole system with the changed-use option using emerge.
At this time, I think this possibly unlocked the usability of the controller in some games. I need to also try later on with evdev only, to see if this makes any difference. I especially noticed in Xorg.0.log that libinput seems to be a fallback option when evdev is not there, which is why I'd like to try this other option alone as well.

In other games, where Proton is needed, depending on the game either the controller works right away without further configuration, or I need to enable the Steam configuration that converts gamepad input into keyboard input.

I'll keep investigating and keep this updated.
nik0_gentoo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, it finally works !
I'm not sure yet what specifically fixed the problem but I suspect somthing was wrong with my USE flags, either globally or for Steam. I'll try to narrow it down later but for the sake of people who might run into the same problem, I wanted to share my current configuration (confirmed working with XBox One S controller in wireless - bluetooth mode):

Global USE flag configuration:
Code:

emerge --info | grep ^USE

USE="X a52 aac acl acpi activities alsa amd64 bash-completion berkdb bluetooth branding bzip bzip2 cairo calendar cli crypt cups dbus declarative dri dts elogind emboss encode exif flac fortran gdbm geolocation gif gphoto2 gpm gps gtk gui iconv icu ipv6 joystick jpeg kde kipi kwallet lcms libglvnd libnotify libtirpc lm-sensors lzo mad mng mono mp3 mp4 mpeg multilib mysql ncurses networkmanager nls nptl ogg opengl openmp pam pango pcre pdf phonon plasma png policykit ppds pulseaudio python qml qt5 raw readline scanner sdl seccomp semantic-desktop sound spell split-usr ssl startup-notification svg tcpd tiff truetype udev udisks unicode upower usb vdpau verify-sig vorbis widgets wifi wxwidgets x264 xattr xcb xft xml xv xvid zip zlib zsh-completion zstd" ABI_X86="64" ADA_TARGET="gnat_2018" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" APACHE2_MODULES="authn_core authz_core socache_shmcb unixd actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" CALLIGRA_FEATURES="karbon sheets words" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" CPU_FLAGS_X86="mmx mmxext sse sse2" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock greis isync itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf skytraq superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ublox ubx" INPUT_DEVICES="evdev libinput joystick" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="presenter-console presenter-minimizer" LUA_SINGLE_TARGET="lua5-1" LUA_TARGETS="lua5-1" OFFICE_IMPLEMENTATION="libreoffice" PHP_TARGETS="php7-2 php7-3 php7-4" POSTGRES_TARGETS="postgres10 postgres11" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_8" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_8" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby25 ruby26" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"

Steam configuration
Code:

eix --installed-from-overlay steam-overlay

[I] games-util/steam-client-meta [1]
     Available versions:  (~)0-r20201118 {+pulseaudio steamfonts +steamruntime steamvr trayicon VIDEO_CARDS="intel nvidia"}
     Installed versions:  0-r20201118(23:06:45 31/12/2020)(pulseaudio steamfonts steamruntime steamvr trayicon VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia -intel")
     Homepage:            http://steampowered.com
     Description:         Meta package for Valve's native Steam client

[I] games-util/steam-games-meta [1]
     Available versions:  (~)0-r20191109 {mono steamgames_bioshock_infinite steamgames_defenders_quest steamgames_dirt_rally steamgames_dont_starve steamgames_dwarfs steamgames_hammerwatch steamgames_ironclad_tactics steamgames_journey_down steamgames_narcissu steamgames_painkiller steamgames_portal steamgames_shadow_mordor steamgames_shatter steamgames_source_engine steamgames_te120 steamgames_tf2 steamgames_trine2 steamgames_unwritten_tales steamgames_voidexpanse steamgames_witcher2 +steamruntime VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia"}
     Installed versions:  0-r20191109(23:06:01 31/12/2020)(mono steamruntime -steamgames_bioshock_infinite -steamgames_defenders_quest -steamgames_dirt_rally -steamgames_dont_starve -steamgames_dwarfs -steamgames_hammerwatch -steamgames_ironclad_tactics -steamgames_journey_down -steamgames_narcissu -steamgames_painkiller -steamgames_portal -steamgames_shadow_mordor -steamgames_shatter -steamgames_source_engine -steamgames_te120 -steamgames_tf2 -steamgames_trine2 -steamgames_unwritten_tales -steamgames_voidexpanse -steamgames_witcher2 VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia")
     Description:         Meta package for Steam games

[I] games-util/steam-launcher [1]
     Available versions:  (~)1.0.0.67^mtd {+joystick +steamruntime +udev KERNEL="linux"}
     Installed versions:  1.0.0.67^mtd(23:06:24 31/12/2020)(joystick steamruntime udev KERNEL="linux")
     Description:         Installer, launcher and supplementary files for Valve's Steam client

[I] games-util/steam-meta [1]
     Available versions:  (~)0-r20160817 {+steamruntime}
     Installed versions:  0-r20160817(23:06:48 31/12/2020)(steamruntime)
     Description:         Meta package for Valve's Steam environment

[I] media-fonts/steamfonts [1]
     Available versions:  (~)1 {X}
     Installed versions:  1(23:05:52 31/12/2020)(X)
     Homepage:            https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1974-YFKL-4947
     Description:         Collection of fonts used by Valve's Steam client

[1] "steam-overlay" /var/lib/layman/steam-overlay

Found 5 matches

The main things I changed, to sum up, are :
- Adding the multilib USE flag in my make.conf to make sure I get 32 and 64 bits implementations of each relevant library (Steam using several 32 bits libraries)
- Adding the mono USE flag in my make.conf and in Steam (an open source .NET framework implementation
- Adding the acl USE flag to make.conf
- Adding joystick to my INPUT_DEVICES variable in make.conf
- I don't think it could be related, but just for the sake of being thorough I also installed wine-staging and winetricks, as I need these for a specific Proton version (from GloriousEggRoll).

It narrows it down a bit, and at least it could point someone having the same issue into directions worthy of exploration to solve the problem.

If I get the time later, I'll try to get to the bottom of it and find the actual root cause for my config.

Thanks everyone for the tips.
Oh, and by the way, happy new year :)
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if ABI_X86=32 is required on bluez here? I don't have that (steam-meta doesn't ask for it), and my PS4 controller also doesn't work unless it's wired.
nik0_gentoo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi !
I'm not sure for the PS4 controller, but if it helps I can tell you that ABI_X86=32 is not selected on my side :
Code:

emerge -vp  net-wireless/bluez

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R    ] net-wireless/bluez-5.55:0/3::gentoo  USE="btpclient cups deprecated doc experimental extra-tools mesh midi obex readline test-programs udev -debug (-selinux) -systemd -test -user-session" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_8 -python3_6 -python3_7 -python3_9" 0 KiB

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 KiB

if you connect your PS4 controller using bluetooth, do you mean it is recognized by your desktop environment (or any gamepad related tool) but not by Steam ? Or is it not recognized altogether ?
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works fine on the desktop, and things outside steam see it as a controller just fine. Steam won't see it unless I plug it in though.
nik0_gentoo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so it definitely is similar to what I experienced : my controller was working in KDE, and in Steam the behaviour was different when using the controller plugged in or with bluetooth. In bluetooth it would only work in the big picture mode menu but not in games, except for maybe a couple of exceptions. in USB, I could get a bit more games to work but again, not all of them. Lately after my last changes it looks like the controller is recognized fine by all games in bluetooth, I need to confirm that it's also the case using USB.

I don't want to point you in a wrong direction though. I'll try to get to the bottom of what the root cause of my problem was, and I'll report back then. At the very least, I would like to be able to explain why what I did work, and right now I'm not entirely sure.
Babaorheum
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to use XBox One X/Series with bluetooth, you need to use xpadneo driver :
https://atar-axis.github.io/xpadneo/
Ionen
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babaorheum wrote:
If you want to use XBox One X/Series with bluetooth, you need to use xpadneo driver :
Attempting to bring this one to main ::gentoo, I have low expectations for new packages given how busy proxy-maint is but who knows :) It's not a complex package at least.
FilthyPitDog
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babaorheum wrote:

Hey guys, I have games-util/game-device-udev-rules & sys-kernel/xpadneo installed. Im using KDE multilib profile w/ OpenRC & 5.4 kernel. dmesg seems to recognise the controller.

Code:
[Jan27 22:21] microsoft 0005:045E:02FD.0011: unknown main item tag 0x0
[  +0.000220] input: Xbox Wireless Controller as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.3/0000:02:00.0/usb1/1-2/1-2:1.0/bluetooth/hci0/hci0:256/0005:045E:02FD.0011/input/input43
[  +0.000139] microsoft 0005:045E:02FD.0011: input,hidraw8: BLUETOOTH HID v9.03 Gamepad [Xbox Wireless Controller] on b4:6b:fc:94:6f:50
[  +0.019988] xpadneo 0005:045E:02FD.0011: fixing up report size
[  +0.000003] xpadneo 0005:045E:02FD.0011: fixing up Rx axis
[  +0.000002] xpadneo 0005:045E:02FD.0011: fixing up Ry axis
[  +0.000001] xpadneo 0005:045E:02FD.0011: fixing up Z axis
[  +0.000002] xpadneo 0005:045E:02FD.0011: fixing up Rz axis
[  +0.000001] xpadneo 0005:045E:02FD.0011: fixing up button mapping
[  +0.000405] xpadneo 0005:045E:02FD.0011: battery detected
[  +0.000003] xpadneo 0005:045E:02FD.0011: pretending XB1S Windows wireless mode (changed PID from 0x02FD to 0x02E0)
[  +0.000002] xpadneo 0005:045E:02FD.0011: enabling compliance with Linux Gamepad Specification
[  +0.000061] input: Xbox Wireless Controller as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.3/0000:02:00.0/usb1/1-2/1-2:1.0/bluetooth/hci0/hci0:256/0005:045E:02FD.0011/input/input44
[  +0.000091] xpadneo 0005:045E:02FD.0011: input,hidraw8: BLUETOOTH HID v9.03 Gamepad [Xbox Wireless Controller] on b4:6b:fc:94:6f:50
[  +0.000005] xpadneo 0005:045E:02FD.0011: controller quirks: 0x00000010
[  +0.991062] xpadneo 0005:045E:02FD.0011: Xbox Wireless Controller [c8:3f:26:29:c4:83] connected
[  +2.814654] xpadneo 0005:045E:02FD.0011: battery registered

But im having the same issue... xbox Controller (bluetooth) works fine with other progams eg. retroarch is fully funtional playing games etc. Also navigating the Steam client in "big picture" mode works but games are not working.

Edit - After I have compiled my kernel with.

Code:
~ # cat /usr/src/linux/.config | grep UINPUT
CONFIG_INPUT_UINPUT=m

It now works.
Ionen
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FilthyPitDog wrote:
Code:
CONFIG_INPUT_UINPUT=m
It now works.
Huh, I wonder what steam is doing -- do they add their own user-space wrapper?

xpadneo is a real kernel driver (like normal xpad), so it doesn't need uinput user-space support to work (thus things like retroarch working fine), but if steam is doing something silly I guess it'd explain it (haven't tried).
FilthyPitDog
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ionen wrote:
FilthyPitDog wrote:
Code:
CONFIG_INPUT_UINPUT=m
It now works.
Huh, I wonder what steam is doing -- do they add their own user-space wrapper?

xpadneo is a real kernel driver (like normal xpad), so it doesn't need uinput user-space support to work (thus things like retroarch working fine), but if steam is doing something silly I guess it'd explain it (haven't tried).

Steam was complaiing about

Code:
Couldn't initialize virtual gamepad: Couldn't open /dev/uinput for writing

And the kernel config did the trick :D
PlatinumTrinity
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you guys get PS3/PS4 controllers working? On my system some of the buttons on them can't be mapped. I think it's the two triggers. It acts like a 4 button controller. I think it's all dinput devices but I don't have others to test. I want them to map just like xbox controllers.

Controllers have always been a clusterfuck on PC. I don't understand why there isn't a simple program to map them all. Even after you set up drivers they aren't plug and play. You never know what order they'll be seen in. You can't plug them in mid-game and swap them. Is there anything like this out there?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: