Monitor / Screen problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
comradezed
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject: Monitor / Screen problem Reply with quote

Hello. After a rather long pause from using Gentoo, I've returned when I got a new PC. I have an nVidia video card and the monitor is connected with a DisplayPort cable. Because of this, on Windows, for example, when I turn the monitor off, the system notices this and I get a "disconnected device" sound and a "new device connected" sound when I turn it back on.

Now, the problem in Gentoo is with this detection. I have compiled the kernel and everything works just fine... until I turn off the monitor (or it goes in standby on its own) when compiling for a long time.

If I turn it off, when I turn it back on it just stays in standby mode, so the video card isn't recognizing that it has a monitor connected to it again. No matter what I do, the monitor won't go out of standby until I restart with CTRL-ALT-DEL. I can confirm that the system is not locked up since I can access it via SSH.

I don't know what to adjust / compile to get rid of this problem. Can you please help me with this?

Thank you.
VinzC
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that issue occur in text mode, graphics mode or both? If in text mode you might check whether DPMS is enabled and disable it to see if it solves the problem.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: