Cannot: Save as in Firefox and New Account in Thunderbird
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acme23
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:47 pm    Post subject: Cannot: Save as in Firefox and New Account in Thunderbird Reply with quote

I am a new Gentoo user.
I have installed Gentoo, then XServer, then Awesomewm, then Firefox and Thunderbird, both from sources. I am using the Material theme for Awesomewm.

When I try to “save page as” in Firefox, I can see the title of a new window, but there is no new window.
When I open Thunderbird, I try to put a new mail account, I can see the title of a new window, but there’s no new window.

I googled extensively, to no avail.

Is it a problem with X configuration? With Awesome? With Firefox/Thunderbird compilation? Configuration? With theme?

I appreciate any help.

Regards
halcon
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi acme23,

Please try to launch Firefox and Thunderbird from a terminal and look if there are some errors giving a clue.
acme23
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much!

In Thunderbird I got this:

Code:
1600202921573   addons.xpi   WARN   Ignoring distribution: not an XPI: /usr/lib64/thunderbird/distribution/extensions/{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}
JavaScript error: chrome://messenger/content/folderPane.js, line 307: TypeError: gFolderTreeView._treeElement is undefined
JavaScript error: chrome://messenger/content/folderPane.js, line 307: TypeError: gFolderTreeView._treeElement is undefined
JavaScript error: chrome://messenger/content/AccountManager.js, line 789: NS_ERROR_FAILURE: Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIMsgMailSession.topmostMsgWindow]

I found a similar message here: https://bugs.gentoo.org/693602

I have no idea how to fix it though.

I got this error from Firefox:

Code:
JavaScript warning: moz-extension://e514fb37-0e0f-47b6-b453-994282dd0913/content_scripts/injected.js, line 7: unreachable code after return statement
JavaScript warning: moz-extension://e514fb37-0e0f-47b6-b453-994282dd0913/content_scripts/injected.js, line 7: unreachable code after return statement
JavaScript error: resource://gre/modules/ExtensionCommon.jsm, line 2298: Error: primed listener not re-registered
JavaScript error: resource://gre/modules/ExtensionCommon.jsm, line 2298: Error: primed listener not re-registered

Researching for a solution.
acme23
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I switched the Theme from Awesomewm and the problem with not being able to see pop-up windows is resolved.

But the errors that I got in terminal from launching Firefox and Thunderbird persist. I am not sure what problem they cause, or if they cause a problem at all.

Thank you for your help!!
halcon
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acme23 wrote:
I switched the Theme from Awesomewm and the problem with not being able to see pop-up windows is resolved.

But the errors that I got in terminal from launching Firefox and Thunderbird persist. I am not sure what problem they cause, or if they cause a problem at all.

Thank you for your help!!

You resolved the problem yourself. Good!

About the errors: if ain't broke, don't fix it (tm). :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: