Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gabrielg
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Some advice sought on this matter: I am using iwd (with its native DHCP client) and dhcpcd for ethernet networking management. It all works well, and much better than my last set up (wpa_supplicant, netifrc, ifplugd).

However, link detection stops working under a specific scenario: if my system is plugged in on ethernet, I suspend to disk, unplug and then resume the system, dhcpcd does not detect that the ethernet link disappeared and thus the routes stay and networking doesn't work until I do a rebind or plain dhcpcd restart. Wireless works, but with ethernet routes, it doesn't get me anywhere.

Is there any config setting I may be missing? If not, what is the best way to execute a dhcpcd --rebind after resuming my system, since I don't see any hooks for s2disk/resume?

Thanks!
Hu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you triggering the suspend-to-disk? My first suggestion would be to use the wrapper script /usr/bin/hibernate (from sys-power/hibernate-script) to initiate the suspend. It can be configured to use in-kernel hibernate, s2disk hibernate, or tuxonice hibernate. The configuration file can also specify shell snippets to run on suspend or resume, which you could use to explicitly execute the rebind operation.
gabrielg
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Hu - I'm triggering s2disk with elogind. I was looking into your proposed solution until I bumped into this: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Elogind#Hook_scripts_to_be_run_when_suspending.2Fhibernating_and.2For_when_resuming.2Fthawing

So... I will try that before exploring the hibernate-script. Two options is plenty! Thanks a lot!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: