View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidknippers
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that looks right, but it might mean my second problem of systemsettings5 previews not working is a separate problem. Thanks for sharing this.
Fulgurance
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh nice. But i don't understand. How can i patch this problem ?
Fulgurance
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted in your given topic link, but nobody reply. And i don't see any patch or way to solve that
Fulgurance
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody ? This bug persist for me after many updates, and i have doing new installation, but the same problem. What is the REAL problem ?
Fulgurance
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen something new. The preview appear 1 or 2 seconds when i change to other settings.

For example, if i do right click into the desktop wallpaper to change the wallpaper, and if i click into other category, for example for me in french "Actions de la souris" (mouse action), preview appear shortly.
Look:

https://www.zupimages.net/up/20/27/sknh.png
Fulgurance
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:cry: :cry: :cry:
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The upstream bug description does not match yours, anyway, so it will be a different bug. Create a new one with all your findings in a structured/good description.

EDIT: At least so far this was only reproduced by nvidia-drivers users then. https://bugs.gentoo.org/727892

Not much we can do with proprietary drivers except try different versions and/or combinations with kernel. I have no hardware to reproduce this anyway.
Fulgurance
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure nvidia is the problem.

I have graphic card with optimus technology, and i have tested to launch xorg session with nvidia card off, and if i just use intel card, i have again this bug.

And for me, it's obviously impossible. Why nvidia driver just would'nt like to show preview ???

Driver just have the work to provide graphical function, he don't decide to allow all graphics to show except thumbnails ... this will be strange
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless, only Nvidia people have reported that problem, irrespective of Plasma version. Try different versions of that driver - that's something you can easily do (and no one else not having Nvidia hardware).
Fulgurance
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, i try,but it's very strange bug ...
Fulgurance
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tested, and it's what i have thinked, it's not the nvidia driver.

Sorry but your reasoning isn't very advanced...

Just because the nvidia users have posted that, conclusion, it's nvidia the problem ? Technically, this explanation is ridiculous.
I maintain the problem come into something into plasma-desktop.

And when you click in other category, previews are visible one second, it's purely bug, it's obvious.

And if that don't depend to plasma version, it's simple: this bug isn't actually solved
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You test as much as you can, that's common sense. Only Nvidia users report it, so Nvidia users are supposed to try as much as they can, until they work out a common denominator. It's very simple, *yes*, not very *advanced*, certainly not too much to ask.

Save your wisdom for other occasions.
Fulgurance
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not agree with you. That all.
Your raisonning don't stay

And if you search minimum, you will found kde patches for that problem, and he don't mention nvidia. Just read ...

Just one example : https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/commit/492301406a4656fbc6c9a1be0e77e68c5535bf93
And it's recent version

It's not my "wisdom" . Just the reality
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, I'm not interested arguing with you if a random commit happens to be about *your* bug while you are bickering about even the most basic testing you can perform on your side.

Go, try your luck with upstream.
Fulgurance
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already mentioned i have performed your test :roll:

Fulgurance wrote:
I have tested

I just give my opinion
Hu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modern graphics drivers are very complicated, and often offer several similar ways to do something, depending on exactly what the application requires. It's very plausible that the nVidia driver could have all but one of these right, and that the wrong version is only relevant to one particular code path, such as previews.

You say it is not an nVidia bug, but on what evidence do you base that conclusion? Did the problem remain when you switched to an AMDGPU system?
Fulgurance wrote:
Just because the nvidia users have posted that, conclusion, it's nvidia the problem ? Technically, this explanation is ridiculous.
Clearly, the problem is in the network stack, not the graphics driver, because no one on an airgapped system has reported problems and everyone who reported the problem is using a system with a network card.
Fulgurance
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes not the graphic driver.

For me(for me), the evidence is a graphic driver just provide service to draw and talk with graphic card. Driver don't choose what plasma is allowed to show, or it's big conception error.

And if its nvidia, why Just one element refuse to show correctly? No, it's purely bug, clearly.
Hu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said it was not a bug. I disputed your conclusion that it cannot be nVidia, because you still have not described conducting a test that would rule out nVidia as the culprit. You stated, without any supporting details, that you tested and determined it was not nVidia. Therefore, in an equally unhelpful response, I will state that I have not tested, but believe that nVidia is as good a culprit as any, based on my belief that (1) graphics drivers are complicated, (2) in complicated programs, some paths are rarely exercised, (3) rarely exercised paths may have bugs. I will further assert that for some bugs, the "obvious" culprit is innocent, and the true culprit will only be understood once the problem has been solved.

As a hypothetical example, suppose the graphics driver provides an accelerated path for scaling an image down while preserving aspect ratio and, as much as possible, image quality. Suppose further that this sounds like exactly the sort of thing that a tool for rendering previews would use if available, and that the Plasma developers noticed this feature, and used it. Suppose even further that, contrary to the documented behavior, this only works properly in some limited set of circumstances, and that the Plasma developers never observed the failure mode, so they never included a warning about this driver bug, and they shipped a version of Plasma that uses this feature whenever it is available.

If you are still convinced that it is a Plasma bug, please devise a test that proves that Plasma is at fault, execute it, and report back.
Fulgurance
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If for example i launch manually systemsetting to change plasma style (preview don't work in this section, i have SVG errors:

Code:
zohran@MSI-GS73VR-6RF ~ $ systemsettings5 kcm_desktoptheme
Cyclic dependency detected between "file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/styles/org.kde.desktop.plasma/Units.qml" and "file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/styles/org.kde.desktop.plasma/Units.qml"
file:///usr/share/kpackage/genericqml/org.kde.systemsettings.sidebar/contents/ui/SubCategoryPage.qml:141:9: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/share/kpackage/genericqml/org.kde.systemsettings.sidebar/contents/ui/SubCategoryPage.qml:131:9: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/private/RefreshableScrollView.qml:143:13: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/private/RefreshableScrollView.qml:143:13: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
Cyclic dependency detected between "file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/styles/org.kde.desktop.plasma/Units.qml" and "file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/styles/org.kde.desktop.plasma/Units.qml"
QQmlEngine::setContextForObject(): Object already has a QQmlContext
QQmlEngine::setContextForObject(): Object already has a QQmlContext
QCoreApplication::postEvent: Unexpected null receiver
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/QtQuick/Controls.2/org.kde.desktop/ComboBox.qml:96:9: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/templates/OverlaySheet.qml:530:17: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/templates/OverlaySheet.qml:365:9: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/newstuff/qml/private/ErrorDisplayer.qml:27:35: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/templates/OverlaySheet.qml:530:17: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/templates/OverlaySheet.qml:365:9: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/newstuff/qml/QuestionAsker.qml:106:5: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/newstuff/qml/QuestionAsker.qml:106:5: QML Connections: Cannot assign to non-existent property "onClosing"
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/newstuff/qml/QuestionAsker.qml:65:5: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/QtQuick/Controls.2/org.kde.desktop/ComboBox.qml:96:9: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/QtQuick/Controls.2/org.kde.desktop/Menu.qml:50:5: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/templates/AbstractApplicationHeader.qml:153:9: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/templates/AbstractApplicationHeader.qml:108:9: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/templates/AbstractApplicationHeader.qml:80:5: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/templates/AbstractApplicationHeader.qml:102:9: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/QtQuick/Controls.2/org.kde.desktop/Menu.qml:50:5: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/templates/AbstractApplicationHeader.qml:153:9: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/templates/AbstractApplicationHeader.qml:108:9: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/templates/AbstractApplicationHeader.qml:102:9: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/templates/AbstractApplicationHeader.qml:80:5: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_desktoptheme/contents/ui/main.qml:185:13: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/private/globaltoolbar/BreadcrumbControl.qml:24:5: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
qt.svg: <input>:663: Could not resolve property: #radialGradient3118
qt.svg: <input>:663: Could not resolve property: #radialGradient3112
qt.svg: <input>:663: Could not resolve property: #radialGradient3321
qt.svg: <input>:663: Could not resolve property: #radialGradient3327
qt.svg: <input>:663: Could not resolve property: #radialGradient3085
qt.svg: <input>:663: Could not resolve property: #radialGradient3101
qt.svg: <input>:663: Could not resolve property: #radialGradient3139
qt.svg: <input>:663: Could not resolve property: #radialGradient3133
qt.svg: <input>:663: Could not resolve property: #radialGradient3499
qt.svg: <input>:663: Could not resolve property: #radialGradient3505
qt.svg: <input>:663: Could not resolve property: #radialGradient3047
qt.svg: <input>:663: Could not resolve property: #radialGradient3041
qt.svg: <input>:663: Could not resolve property: #radialGradient3079
qt.svg: <input>:663: Could not resolve property: #radialGradient3073
qt.svg: <input>:663: Could not resolve property: #radialGradient3085
qt.svg: <input>:663: Could not resolve property: #radialGradient3101
qt.svg: <input>:663: Could not resolve property: #radialGradient3139
qt.svg: <input>:663: Could not resolve property: #radialGradient3133
qt.svg: <input>:663: Could not resolve property: #radialGradient3047
qt.svg: <input>:663: Could not resolve property: #radialGradient3041
qt.svg: <input>:663: Could not resolve property: #radialGradient3079
qt.svg: <input>:663: Could not resolve property: #radialGradient3073
Fulgurance
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tested into Archlinux, this bug isn't exist. Something isn't clearly patched into gentoo ebuild
Fulgurance
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just for say problem is now solved after an update, i think something is patched.

Thanks you for your work. Have good day ! 8)
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last ~arch update to kde-plasma/* happened on 2020-07-09
The last ~arch update to kde-frameworks/* happened on 2020-07-14
The last stabilisation in either category happened on 2020-05-31

So, at least for those packages I can tell you there was no such thing patched. Therefore the change in the title is misleading and pure guesswork; whatever real reason for your bug may strike back tomorrow.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: