Titanfall 2 does not launch via steam proton on Gentoo
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
exeqtion
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject: Titanfall 2 does not launch via steam proton on Gentoo Reply with quote

Hi,

I saw news that titanfall 2 working with proton without any issue, I checked protondb and it is working pretty good on proton with one line command fix.
So I decided to try, and I am having this problem. The origin client installs and after you did log in, the origin client launches I can see couple of orgin windows and main window minimizes to launch the game (so far this expected behaviour). But game does not even start and I get the mentioned error.

I already reported issue on proton issue tracker, few people also have this issue. On further discussion one guy suggested it is probably related to dependencies. I also think it is related to dependencies since game is working fine for most people, I think I have most dependencies installed (I installed some libs including 32 bits libs suggested there). I don't know which one I am missing. So I am asking your help :) if you guys have any suggestion any libs I am missing? Any help will be appreciated.

I reinstalled the game 3 times tried with glorious eggroll's custom proton build both 5.11 builds with new pfx. Changed my DNS to google/cloudfare did nothing but I don't think it is related to network since I am able to login into origin.

GPU: RX 580, Mesa 20.1.1, LLVM 9.0.1
Proton: 5.0-9
Kernel: 5.7.6
Proton log
SysInfo from steam
link to titanfall2 proton issue tracker
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: