Really great photo album manager
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klieber
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 11:16 pm    Post subject: Really great photo album manager Reply with quote

I spent a few minutes setting up Gallery, a php-based online photo manager. I've been using it for a few hours now and I just wanted to say that this is a very, very fine piece of software. Very easy to set up and very easy to manage lots and lots of digital photos. I uploaded a single zip file of over 20 photos and Gallery took care of unzipping the file, extracting the photos, creating two sets of thumbnails, assigning them to the specified album and arranging a nice layout for them all. I didn't have to do hardly anything at all.

Anyway, I've got no attachment to the project other than as a satisfied user. I just wanted to make others aware of this really slick piece of Free and free software.

--kurt
Mnemia
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that post. My girlfriend is in Japan right now and we've both been taking pictures of what we are doing and stuff and using this software to upload and share them on my Gentoo server. We even both have digital cameras working in Linux (she has a Sony DSC-50 I believe, and I have a Fugi FinePix 2600Z).

It lets us set permissions for what people are allowed to see what (a necessity with different groups of friends and/or parents!)

I'd recommend anyone who has a digital camera try it out since it really has made me start taking more pictures. We've really had a lot of fun with it.
ViCToR:
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 8:20 am    Post subject: About the ebuild Reply with quote

A week ago I submited the ebuild for Gallery. Here it is:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7551

I don't know how long it takes to become "published", just wanted to let people know there's already an ebuild done. Let's hope it becomes available soon on portage :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: